PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know photography?

yodudedudeyo
07-20-2006, 10:37 AM
I have finished my junior year in highschool and aftersummer, it shall be senior year. With senior highschool year, senior pictures are needed. I dont want to waste 300 dollars on pictures, so i have decided to take them myself. Can anyone give me any advice on this? I'm going to have a friend take the pictures for me, but do you have any hints or tips on stuff like...light reflectors, backgrounds, stuff to buy, etc? Thanks.

SrGuapo
07-20-2006, 01:03 PM
I have finished my junior year in highschool and aftersummer, it shall be senior year. With senior highschool year, senior pictures are needed. I dont want to waste 300 dollars on pictures, so i have decided to take them myself. Can anyone give me any advice on this? I'm going to have a friend take the pictures for me, but do you have any hints or tips on stuff like...light reflectors, backgrounds, stuff to buy, etc? Thanks.

Are you doing formal shots or casual? Formal shots may be a bit harder since you will need a backdrop and decent lighting. Getting a few formal head shot should not cost $300 anyway. I think I payed around $250 for formal and casual shots. Formal shots alone I would think are under $100.

musicc
07-20-2006, 01:25 PM
do you have an SLR (single lens reflex) camera? or a high-end prosumer digi cam? You should get a decent back drop (e-bay), a couple of strong lights, and flash for your camera if possible. Then set it up in a open area. Get a tripod for your camera too. Its not cheap. You would probably spend more than 300+ for equipments and camera, but then again you would still own the stuff.

Return_Ace
07-20-2006, 01:49 PM
i think umm nViati i think is the photo person on teh boards, along with gmlasam (but he's gone awol)