PDA

View Full Version : 1HD BH Vs. 2HD BH

Big Fed
07-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Which one do u like better. U got alot of players with 1 HD Bh and alot of players using 2HD Bh which is more effective.

:mrgreen:

tarheels2323
07-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Well, I just switched from a two hander to one so I'd have to say that the one hander works better. I'm not afraid to go for the big shots now. However, it's still not as consistent as my two hander. I really wish I would have been taught a one hander from the time I started instead of having to teach myself.

migjam
07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
I use and like a 1HD BH. I feel that you can do more with a 1HD BH. However, it is a harder stroke to learn and requires better footwork than the 2HD BH. But, it is easier to disquise your shot with a 1HD BH and is easier to transition to the net.

Frenchie
07-20-2006, 08:51 PM
In the top 10, there are 6 two-handers and 4 one-handers.

quest01
07-20-2006, 08:54 PM
I would have to say a 2 handed backhand is the best. A main reason being is that i use a 2 hander. It really depends on what people use, if someone uses a one hander that person will say the one hander is superior, and so on. Im much more consistent with the 2 hander; however, I do use a one handed backhand slice. A 2 handed backhand is better for high balls and return of serves.

Kevo
07-20-2006, 09:36 PM
I think it depends on who you are. I actually can hit either one. I started with a 2 hander and switched to a 1 hander. For me the reason to switch was based on an off handed remark by my coach. It said it was probably easier to hit with two hands. That made me want to try the harder shot. I can say that I am glad I learned it. I think I can hit the ball harder with one hand and it can actually be a weapon for me. I know very few players at my level that have their backhand as a weapon. So my thought is that if two hands makes your backhand a weapon, then stick with it. If it's not, try one hand and see what happens.

migjam
07-20-2006, 10:05 PM
In the top 10, there are 6 two-handers and 4 one-handers.

Yeah, and the #1 players in the world (both ATP and WTA) use one-handed backhands

doleeo
07-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I like the One hander better. I tend to feel restricted with my left hand on the racquet. The one hander is much better I think for sharp cross court topsin shots. I think my two hander can hit deeper down the line shots. There technically isn't a better stroke than the other, its strictly what you feel comfortable with. It also helps to be good at it :)

helloworld
07-20-2006, 10:09 PM
I can hit both 1 handed and 2 handed backhand and most pros probably could. And it will take forever to argue over this issue, because if 2 handed is better than 1 handed, nobody would be using 1 handed backhand anymore. So it comes down to the point that you have to choose which technique is most suitable for you. There are advantages and disadvantages for both techniques. 1 handed backhand has more reach while 2 handed backhand is easier to hit because you can hit 2 handed backhand in almost any position. Some people may have trouble with one handed backhand because they can't get into position to hit the shot, so those people should try 2 handed backhand instead. On the other hand, two handed backhand requires more technique on the upper torso part. You need to be able to use both shoulders and swing it together. Some people can't rotate their shoulders properly, hence they can't exert the maximum power from using the 2 handed backhand. In the end, players should learn both techniques and decide later on which technique is the most suitable for them.

Chang
07-20-2006, 10:58 PM
1 handed backhand. I used to use 2 handed but it was pretty crap. I thought the solution was to go try 1 handed seeing my table tennis backhand is pretty good and it works, I can generate more pace and topspin and I can hit winners which I couldn't do with the 2 h back hand.

Golden Retriever
07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Why is this topic on pro talk? Get it out of here!!