PDA

View Full Version : MS200 TT

Progressive10s
03-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Laserfibre really tries to sell the "constant pull technology" in their machines. According to the USRSA, you lose 10% when you string with a lockout machine versus constant pull. For those who use the MS200 TT, does this machine string consistently true? Is it that much better than a Gamma 5004 or Alpha Axis which are in the same price range.

SunDog
03-04-2004, 08:36 PM
You hit on the correct word consider - "consistent." Do not confuse consistency with accuracy. All three of those machines will produce a consistent result when used with proper techniques - and that is far and away more important than accuracy (which is easy to compensate for). I own a MS200TT and am always careful to ask a new customer by who and on what type of machine their racquets are usually strung. If they are happy with their result on a lockout machine then i recommend a lower tension on my machine.

Most of my friends seem to favor higher tensions (always ask for the max tension) and are really suprised that the stringbed I produce with my machine set at the high end of the racquet's range is noticably stiffer than the stringjobs they recieve from the various prince and gamma lockout machines around town also set at the racquet's high range.

All those machines are probably worth the money - you just have to get to know the machine and your customer to produce the best results.

bcaz
03-04-2004, 10:54 PM
My MS200TT is my first machine, with nothing to compare it to. I can say it does produce consistent results, and I'm a novice stringer -- seven jobs so far, and although I'm a little slow, five of them were among the best string jobs I've had.

BC

Gaines Hillix
03-05-2004, 03:12 PM
prog10s, in general, drop weight machines are accurate, including the MS200TT. If they are calibrated correctly from the factory, they may never need to be reset. As sundog said, the stringer has just as much to do with consistency as the machine. There is a 10% difference if the same reference tension is used, but if someone is used to a CP job and then gets their racquets done on a lockout machine, they can simply as the stringer to adjust for this by raising the reference tension. The USRSA has a CP to lockout tension conversion tool on their new website.

Progressive10s
03-07-2004, 04:51 AM
Thank you, Gaines, bcaz, and Sundog. I was intrigued by the MS200 TT because of how pleased owners when talking about it. $700 is a lot to drop on a conventional portable stringer, but if the results are there--I cannot argue. I was advised by the USRSA to stick with a reputable company, and I know which ones to avoid. The MS200 TT probably fits the bill because I don't have a lot of room in our condo.

topspin
03-07-2004, 10:57 PM
The ms200tt is anything but "conventional". Just by the way the thing is built, it's like a tank. It is portable, but is not light to carry around. What I would do is make 2 cases for it and distribute the weight as evenly as possible so that carrying with 2 hands would feel comfortable.