PDA

View Full Version : Video challenge question

ruxxx
07-22-2006, 11:48 AM
If the Chair Umpire over-rules and the player wins the video challenge, does the Ch Ump get replaced or fined ?

bluescreen
07-22-2006, 12:09 PM
i dont think so. if that were the case, every lines person that is proven wrong by video challenge would be replaced/fined.

Mr.Federer
07-22-2006, 01:05 PM
The linespeople are volunteers that work for free or get paid a little amount of money, they're not robots...

ruxxx
07-22-2006, 01:43 PM
No - I'm asking about the Ch Ump - he's supposed to over-rule only if absolutely clear-cut, but sometimes they go wrong. What then? if there's video proof?

d_frank
07-22-2006, 01:45 PM
doubtful .

ruxxx
07-22-2006, 01:45 PM
No - I'm asking about the Ch Ump - he's supposed to over-rule only if absolutely clear-cut, but sometimes they go wrong. What then? if there's video proof?
--------------------------------------------
main: WILSON JACK KRAMER FLIGHT
strings: Gibson Acoustic Masterbuilt Premium Phosphor Bronze .011 - .050, SAG-MB11
Shoes: Pro-Keds

Grigollif1
07-22-2006, 02:00 PM

Of course not... It's a job like any other and mistake are happen.. Even when he is supposed to over rule only when 100% , mistakes are still possible. Do you expect to get replace or finedm at your job, when you make mistakes?

ruxxx
07-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Of course not... It's a job like any other and mistake are happen.. Even when he is supposed to over rule only when 100% , mistakes are still possible. Do you expect to get replace or finedm at your job, when you make mistakes?

I would if it helped cost someone a million bucks and was on international TV seen on five continents plus Australia.
--------------------------------------------
main: WILSON JACK KRAMER FLIGHT
strings: Gibson Acoustic Masterbuilt Premium Phosphor Bronze .011 - .050, SAG-MB11
Shoes: Pro-Keds

emcee
07-22-2006, 05:06 PM
...Do you expect to get replace or finedm at your job, when you make mistakes?...

Umm...yes, depending on the mistake and the frequency. What kind of job do you work?

I don't think it should be that drastic but umps who are wrong again and again will be fired at some point, I hope.

sandiegotennisboy
07-22-2006, 05:15 PM
tennis has gone to sh1t.

300Gkid
07-23-2006, 06:49 AM
oh yea, what happens if the call is overuled, they can't very well give the point to the challenging player unless it would've been a clear cut winner.........right? because the point wouldve gone on. So do they just redo the point or.........