PDA

View Full Version : Tennis is Ocean City

tarheels2323
07-22-2006, 06:17 PM
I'll be at the beach in Ocean City for about a week with a tennis buddy and I'd love to know where all the good players are. Me and my friend are both about 5.0 and we play each other all the time so I was wondering if anyone wanted to play or knew where people would be that we could play. Thanks.

ShcMad
07-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Ocean City, Maryland or New Jersey?

If you're implying Ocean City, MD, there's a Tennis Center in the middle of the city. There's also a coupe public courts around.

Some info:

http://www.ococean.com/tennisbody.html

atatu
07-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Head over to Bethany and try Sea Colony. They have a program where they do match play for advanced players, for $20 I think. I did it once and I schooled one of the assistant pros, he wasn't too happy. I wanted to go back to get another shot at a different pro, but had too much to do with the kids. The head pro there is really good.

AdOut
07-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Hey. If you are looking for tennis in Ocean City, MD, you can head on down to the OC Tennis Center on 61st and the Bay. There are 6 Priemer Courts (cushioned hard courts) and 3 Har-Tru Courts. If you are looking for people to play with, you can hit with someone that works here. I actually work at the Tennis Center during the summers and probably around a 4.5 player (I play DIII tennis at Salisbury University). Sea Colony is also about 25 minutes north of us and I believe they have the same thing. They are a private club and I am not positive how easy it is to get court time. If you have any more questions about either place (I work at OC Tennis and my brother works at Sea Colony) feel free to contact me and I should be able to answer your questions.

tarheels2323
07-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. We're going to Sea Isle tomorrow to play a dubs round robin and heading to the OC tennis center after.

hummer23
07-24-2006, 06:27 PM
ive been to both ocean cities, maryland is certianly better. there is that great tennis club right near the bridge you take into the city. And J&R ribs is certainly fantastic. Other good places ot eat include higgins crab house, and phillips buffet. Ohh .. . the memmories, good thing i'll be going back in a few weeks.

GrahamIsSuper
07-24-2006, 08:20 PM
If anyone's going to be in the oc nj area im going to be there from the 29th through the 12th. If anyone like 4.0 up wants to hit, let's get together.

MegacedU
07-24-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm partial to the courts on Third Street in OC. You always have an audiance from the skaters across the street.

ShcMad
07-25-2006, 06:50 AM
My buddy and I went to OC during June this year, and played at the courts in 3rd St. a couple times. One day, we went there to play, but both courts were full. We were waiting outside watching them play (everyone was probably 1.5NTRP), and all of the sudden this Russian kid pulls out a gun and aims at the sky. We were like "wtf?"

So, if anyone goes to the 3rd St. Courts and sees a bunch of Russians playing, don't bother them. Just wait quietly outside.

penpal
07-27-2006, 07:20 AM
If you have any more questions about either place (I work at OC Tennis and my brother works at Sea Colony) feel free to contact me and I should be able to answer your questions.

Your email address isn't included in your profile, so no way to contact you at the moment.

tarheels2323
07-27-2006, 12:19 PM
I just got back and I played on the 3rd Street courts (we stayed at the Breakers hotel which is a convenient half a block away), at the OC tennis center on 61st street, and at Sea Colony (not Sea Isle - whoops) in Bethany. Thankfully I didn't see any guns while playing on 3rd street. Phillips and Higgins were both amazing and the beach was great. It was a good time and thanks to everyone who gave advice on where to play.

ShcMad
07-27-2006, 02:16 PM
I just got back and I played on the 3rd Street courts (we stayed at the Breakers hotel which is a convenient half a block away), at the OC tennis center on 61st street, and at Sea Colony (not Sea Isle - whoops) in Bethany. Thankfully I didn't see any guns while playing on 3rd street. Phillips and Higgins were both amazing and the beach was great. It was a good time and thanks to everyone who gave advice on where to play.

Good to hear you had fun! :D

I wish I ate at Phillips or Higgins...:( My friends and I ate McDonald's Dollar Menu items half of the week we were there. On the last day, we swore that we were gonna eat some seafood buffet before we left, but the places we went to were either closed or too expensive or we couldn't find the place. Plus, we got soaked wet everytime we got out of the car from torrential rain.

MegacedU
07-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Good to hear you had fun! :D

I wish I ate at Phillips or Higgins...:( My friends and I ate McDonald's Dollar Menu items half of the week we were there. On the last day, we swore that we were gonna eat some seafood buffet before we left, but the places we went to were either closed or too expensive or we couldn't find the place. Plus, we got soaked wet everytime we got out of the car from torrential rain.
I'm a big fan of Macky's Bayside and the Jerk Chicken at Secrets.

AdOut
07-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Your email address isn't included in your profile, so no way to contact you at the moment.

Oh sorry...It should be working now

GrahamIsSuper
07-28-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm depressed...NJ is just as good as MD... Everyone come to OCNJ instead... We have cooler things, like lucy...and biplanes that crash into the ocean (that happened RIGHT in front of my beach house btw!). You cant get that in Fairyland.

Ten.Is
08-16-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm depressed...NJ is just as good as MD... Everyone come to OCNJ instead... We have cooler things, like lucy...and biplanes that crash into the ocean (that happened RIGHT in front of my beach house btw!). You cant get that in Fairyland.

Can you even swim in the water in NJ? I hear the water there is disgusting along with their whole beach.