PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick's Babolat contract

Roger_federer
07-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey guys do you think Andy Roddick enjoys playing with the 100sq pure drive? or if he didn't have a contract with Babolat, would he rather play with something like the n six-one? or other player frames?

orangeblood
07-22-2006, 10:58 PM
The PDR+ specs are tailored towards Roddick's style; even balance (or much less headlight than stock) for those bomb serves -- good for western grip (good for taming the power on the forehand side) while giving enough power (and headsize area) for that lame backhand of his. Don't know how that affects his volleys, but he tends to brick a lot of those. I think he also said himself that he'd find it hard to switch at this point.

baros
07-23-2006, 05:53 AM
haha he couldn't use the n six-one if he had to
________
iolite reviews (http://vaporizers.net/iolite-vaporizer)

tennisprofl
07-23-2006, 06:06 AM
haha he couldn't use the n six-one if he had to
yeah...it would be quite tough on his backhand side...lol

Volly master
07-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Babalot matches his game perfectly, why mess that up ;)

milo
07-23-2006, 07:14 AM
yes, usually pro doesn't want to change a racket he/she grow up with. it is not hard to adapt to a new one i think, but the risk of losing a tourney or two...babolat suited andy very well. without it he couldn't serve as hard as his record, i think.

vinnier6
07-23-2006, 07:29 AM
who really knows what he is using anyway...some custom made racquet by babolat that is painted to look like whatever they want it to look like....

Roger_federer
07-23-2006, 06:33 PM
It's most likely a Babolat Pure Drive but with what kind of leads?

snoflewis
07-23-2006, 06:38 PM
yes, usually pro doesn't want to change a racket he/she grow up with. it is not hard to adapt to a new one i think, but the risk of losing a tourney or two...babolat suited andy very well. without it he couldn't serve as hard as his record, i think.

andy roddick actually grew up w/ the POG OS if i remember correctly. he didnt get the PD until a few years ago.

Roger_federer
07-23-2006, 07:08 PM
I really wonder if Roddick actually likes the Pure drive or if he is just playing with it because he has to.

diredesire
07-23-2006, 07:12 PM
andy roddick actually grew up w/ the POG OS if i remember correctly. he didnt get the PD until a few years ago.

IIRC, it was a chang, but close enough :)

snoflewis
07-23-2006, 08:40 PM
IIRC, it was a chang, but close enough :)

really? i thought i saw a pic here a while ago w/ roddick using a POG OS...

hmm...im probably wrong though..since i honestly have no interest really in Roddick..