PDA

View Full Version : Question for those in Dallas/Plano

atatu
07-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey Guys, I'm heading to Dallas for the USTA sectionals in August. We are scheduled to play at T Bar M. My question, are there any public courts close by where we can go warm up before our matches ? I was looking on the map for an area high school or something but don't see anything. Thanks.

freelancer
07-25-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm actually from Ft. Worth and this will be my second year at sectionals. I don't really think there are too many places around that aren't already being used for sectionals. I think it's spread around over the closest 4-5 places. I know at T-Bar M they have a bunch of clay courts and a couple of indoor courts that they don't use for sectionals. You may be able to get one some of those while you're waiting. Other than that I recommend staying in Grapevine or something and just drive the 15-20 min to T-bar M.

That's about all I can think of doing. Sorry I couldn't help more!

atatu
07-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Cool, I'm going to try Fretz Park. They aren't using those courts for sectionals....

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 11:12 AM
the dallas challenger was played @ the tbar

jaykay
08-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Cool, I'm going to try Fretz Park. They aren't using those courts for sectionals....

I hv played at Fretz park, the courts are ok. The lights are terrible, though.

There are much better public courts in the Plano/Frisco area, including those at HighPoint Tennis Center (not free, costs ~$3 for a 1-1/2 hour session).

However, these better courts will be a fair bit of distance from Grapevine (atleast 30min drive).

Check this out: http://pdf.plano.gov/parks/Tennis.pdf

Good luck for the sectionals...

tec021990
08-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Hello Im going down last 2 weeks of august when is this sectionals? Id like to possibly watch them if I have free time of course this is if its while Im down. I am also going to be in the fort worth area so if freelancer possibly wants to hit some I could probably get some time to.

freelancer
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Hello Im going down last 2 weeks of august when is this sectionals? Id like to possibly watch them if I have free time of course this is if its while Im down. I am also going to be in the fort worth area so if freelancer possibly wants to hit some I could probably get some time to.

Sectionals was actually this last weekend, so you missed it. My team won though and we're going to Nationals!

I'd love to go out and hit if you need someone. I'm actually in North Richland Hills, which is just barely north of Fort Worth, and we've got some pretty nice courts at my home facility. Just let me know when you'll be here. I'm only a 3.5 though, so I don't know how good of a hitting partner you're looking for.