PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods is the Greatest Golfer Ever

sandiegotennisboy
07-23-2006, 07:30 PM
no ands, ifs and buts. he's the michael jordan of golf. i wish it was this cut and dry for tennis. congrats to tiger for winning the brit open.

caesar66
07-23-2006, 07:33 PM
well this is a pro player discussion, and tiger is certainly a pro player, but I think it might be more appropriate to post this in "odds and ends"...Not a huge golfer myself, but from some clips of insane shots I've seen of Tiger hitting, I won't argue w/ ya.

Feņa14
07-23-2006, 07:42 PM
He was great all week. He hardly played a bad shot and was so consistent, he was just at ease with himself and his game.

He knew exactly what he was doing and as far as I was concerned it was as good as over after the first round, when Tiger's in contention he doesn't give it away. He did exactly what he needed to do, the scary thing was that it appeared that he romped home in 3rd gear so if anyone had of challenged he would of just stepped it up to another level and pulled away again.

I'm sure his Dad was watching him today, he would of loved the manor in which Tiger won this one

diegaa
07-23-2006, 07:45 PM
ehhhhhh... odds & ends topic here.

sandiegotennisboy
07-23-2006, 07:48 PM
He was great all week. He hardly played a bad shot and was so consistent, he was just at ease with himself and his game.

He knew exactly what he was doing and as far as I was concerned it was as good as over after the first round, when Tiger's in contention he doesn't give it away. He did exactly what he needed to do, the scary thing was that it appeared that he romped home in 3rd gear so if anyone had of challenged he would of just stepped it up to another level and pulled away again.

I'm sure his Dad was watching him today, he would of loved the manor in which Tiger won this one

yeah it was really inspired. a nice gift to his dad. its nice that in my lifetime i could witness historic players like jordan, woods... and in our sport: sampras, agassi, graf, seles, federer in the making... all really inspired athletes.

dudero
07-23-2006, 08:39 PM
no ands, ifs and buts. he's the michael jordan of golf. i wish it was this cut and dry for tennis. congrats to tiger for winning the brit open.

federer is tiger of tennis - chasing sampras just like woods is chasing nicklaus

ksbh
07-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Can't really argue that!

I hope Tiger goes on to win the the last major of the year as well! To be honest, I don't see anyone beating him there if he's on.

theace21
07-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Next topic will be - Who has the hottest wife on the PGA tour...

The answer is of course Tiger!!!

Brettolius
07-24-2006, 09:25 AM

Seems to me that its the same for golf and tennis. Tiger isn't the best ever until he passes Nicklaus. Granted, golf doesn't have the "open era" debates that tennis has. But in the end it comes down to the slams. And Jack has 18 of 'em.

mules_tennis_rip
07-24-2006, 11:17 AM

can't argue about it either...when jack was winning his 18 or so majors, golf hadn't exploded into what it is today..i might even say Tiger is more dominate than anyone at any sport, ever...now that's an arguement!

quest01
07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
I would agree that Tiger Woods is the best golfer of all time. Jack Nicholas would up there as one of the best but when its all said and done Tiger Woods is the best, plain and simple.

chrisplchs
07-24-2006, 12:46 PM
tiger is the most talented golfer.. if he can focus and produce then nobody can touch him

sandiegotennisboy
07-24-2006, 08:07 PM
i think he will surpass nicklaus. he already set so many records and one of them is having so many majors at his age.

Big Fed
07-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Tiger is the best ever!