PDA

View Full Version : Any atp/wta ranked players on this board

Exia
07-23-2006, 07:54 PM
considering this is the most popular English speaking tennis board in the world the probability is...

maynardsson55
07-23-2006, 07:55 PM
considering this is the most popular English speaking tennis board in the world the probability is...
Pointless. You think they come here so we nerds can beat them down with questions about their swingweight?

Exia
07-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Pointless. what the hell you talking about american?

stop flaming

Viper
07-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Pointless. You think they come here so we nerds can beat them down with questions about their swingweight?

Or what racket it under the dunlop paintjob, under the OTHER dunlop paintjob, under the Prince Expiremental, and where the hell are the O ports.

Exia
07-23-2006, 07:59 PM
stupid american children talking off target.

Viper
07-23-2006, 08:02 PM
stupid american children talking off target.

Lets make it simple for you. We have no idea that there are any pros on this board, because I seriously doubt they would reveal this information. I do not appreciate being called "stupid" because it is clear that I am not.

maynardsson55
07-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Lets make it simple for you. We have no idea that there are any pros on this board, because I seriously doubt they would reveal this information. I do not appreciate being called "stupid" because it is clear that I am not. got your back Viper.Looks like we are having trouble with a concept we stupid Americans call sarcasm:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Where you from exia?

Matt_Williamson
07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Pointless. what the hell you talking about american?

stop flaming

Which pro would you like to ask a question? I have several e-mail addresses I will gladly forward you an email if you post your question with a return address... if possible.
MW

Serve_n_volley
07-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Do you have roddicks email?

bluescreen
07-23-2006, 09:21 PM
just when i thought the thread title was funny enough, i had the joy to read people being called "stupid american children" cuz some members voiced their own opinions. this made my day.

Fee
07-23-2006, 09:30 PM
wow. this trainwreck just needs to be deleted.

Ivanišević
07-24-2006, 02:32 AM
i've heard many of players are online often

Volly master
07-24-2006, 03:27 AM
i know the thread maker is one ;)

theace21
07-24-2006, 08:23 AM
If I was a pro player - spending my life on the court and training. I would want to come to this board and read more about tennis on my limited free time. How else could I find out what is wrong with my forehand?

Marat Safinator
07-24-2006, 08:31 AM

i strongly doubt it.

Mikael
07-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I wouldn't be surprised... reading those guys' blogs it looks like they spend many hours online everyday... so they have time. And I know if I were a pro I'd definitely be curious to see what people chat about on ATP messageboards. They'd probably never post though, I think if they do visit tennis messageboards they just lurk around. Nationality is also a factor: I don't think those who have trouble with English would enjoy this site. Tennis Warehouse is most popular in the US though so I can definitely picture some US ranked players visiting the boards every now and then.

Dedans Penthouse
07-24-2006, 09:00 AM
stupid american children talking off target.I'm thinking to myself: "why is this guy taking an unsolicited 'swipe' at Americans?"

Then I remembered: This is the lying bigot who fabricated wholesale LIES about the London bombings of July 7th by claiming that "most Americans were making jokes about the 7/7 London bombings." Ah yes, I remember the liar well:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=995561#post995561

Ex-Laxia: seek professional help immediately, you walking fraud.

alienhamster
07-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Good catch, Dedans!

Probabilistically, at least one pro-player has surely seen something on this board. My guess is that several have at least visited here at one time or another. But as for any of them posting regularly? I'm not so sure.

But there is that pull that all of us have to see what "people" think. And this place is as good as any to get some sense of what the general fans are saying about the players. (I do know, I sadly admit, that many of the American Idol candidates each year check out the general boards to see what "the public" thinks about their performances each week.)

And while I do think this is the "smartest" tennis board out there, I kinda think we're puffing ourselves up a bit here. Like, wouldn't it be so vindicating to know that Federer is coming here reading all about our analysis of his game whenever he plays Nadal? You know, to think that we are all really that important or valuable or (much less) even interesting at all to these players?

Probabilistically, this ain't the likely case.

But we can still dream/be delusional.

Shaolin
07-24-2006, 12:10 PM
There actually are some pros/former pros that check out these boards. Im not going to name anyone specifically but I have been contacted by a former pro (who had a win over Enqvist once and is now a part time coach in Germany) about the tennis dvd Sick Shots that I produce. He mentioned that he got the info about he dvd from these boards and emailed me through my profile. I dont know if he ever posts anything, I got the impression he just checks it out from time to time.

Fee
07-24-2006, 06:04 PM
None of the players that I talk to visit tennis boards or want to visit tennis boards (but they do ask me what's going on here from time to time). They live, eat, breath, and sleep tennis, they don't need to talk about it in their spare time. The ones that I know that get online do other things (world of warcraft, poker, myspace, etc, etc).

By the way, as popular as this board is, MTF is by far the most popular and biggest tennis board on the internet, judged solely by the number of registered members and hits per day.

Matt_Williamson
07-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Do you have roddicks email?

No I don't, sorry. I could maybe try to get an e-mail to him thru friends, but it would be a pain. Maybe try his website.

vkartikv
07-24-2006, 06:16 PM
aykhan knows a lot of pros contact address/ ph #. Some of these pros have also posted here under his supervision.

Tennis_Monk
07-24-2006, 06:26 PM
aykhan knows a lot of pros contact address/ ph #. Some of these pros have also posted here under his supervision.

I do remember that. Once federer sent an email inviting him over .he did a thread on that.

The Grand Slam
07-24-2006, 07:04 PM
I have Sam Stosur's MSN address. D:

adlis
11-28-2007, 03:14 PM
i am a futures player but i think the OP (ms) means top 500

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
11-28-2007, 03:24 PM
In my mind, I am top twenty if that counts. :?

drakulie
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I wonder if any of the pros on this board buy their stuff off of TW? Do you think they get a discount on shipping?