PDA

View Full Version : Stencil Ink?

SB2G
03-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Hey I have an extremely dumb question, I printed out a stencil off wilson.com, but I have no stencil ink. Do you "have" to use this type of "ink" or is spray paint ok?

Sorry, I know this is an idiotic question but I had to ask!

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Don't know bout spray paint. It might mess with the spin on the ball and the grip of the string, also might degrade them. I use stencial ink and only stencil ink, it's cheap so it don't bother me, but I don't know for sure.

SB2G
03-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Yeah its not a matter of the price, just a lazy to order it off here and wait for it to come. :D I'll go ahead and purchase some.

Anybody know if there is a babolat stencil to print out? Or should I just eyeball it to get the horizontal lines?

jayserinos99
03-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Yeah, you may want to just eyeball it. The lines go through the last 4 crosses right?

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-05-2004, 09:57 PM
I did bottom 2 crosses and crosses 4-6 I think.

matchpoints
03-06-2004, 05:13 AM
i remember in high school we used a magic market. i don't recall having any problems.

Gaines Hillix
03-06-2004, 05:36 AM
A magic marker will work. Stencil ink usually comes in a small bottle with a built in applicator. As long as the tip doesn't dry out these are pretty efficient at applying the ink. The pros use ink that comes in pint or quart bottles and a brush to apply it. The trick there is to get it done fast. They know just the right amount to apply so that the stencil is apparent on both sides eventhough they only need one pass to do it.

corncob3466
03-06-2004, 11:12 AM
magic marker is okay, but i find it leaves marks on the ball when it is still fresh, but thats not a big deal.

bsandy
04-01-2004, 11:06 AM
I use magic marker (sharpie) because I like an orange W on my Triad Hammer 6.0's. The first time I did this I noticed a lot of orange ink on the balls after just a few games. Now, I use an old ball to rub some of the ink off before I go play.