PDA

View Full Version : grommet

Sam Groo
07-24-2006, 04:05 PM
does anybody know what the part of the grommit in the throat of the racket is called

is it part of the grommet or not?

snoflewis
07-24-2006, 04:09 PM
does anybody know what the part of the grommit in the throat of the racket is called

is it part of the grommet or not?

what does this have anything to do w/ pro's racquets and gear?

i think you answered your own question...that's like asking, is the bread on the bottom of the hamburger part of the hamburger? it comes w/ a grommet set and i've seen it called a throat piece most often.

Sam Groo
07-24-2006, 04:12 PM
no, i don't know what it is called, i was just guessing it was part of the grommet, but now sure.

My question now is why on Pete sampras' throat piece of his racket have three raise parts to it, as opposed to the standward one? http://www.smash-web.com.ar/galeria1/006-sampras.jpg [br]http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/big/60-big.jpg

I also saw this with federer's racket a while ago, i don't believe think they are there anymore, but i could be wrong

MTChong
07-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Are you kidding? The things at 3 and 9 are Wilsons PWS or Perimeter Weighting System that is meant to give the racquet added stability.

migjam
07-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Those raised areas that you see are Power Pads (pieces of leather). Basically they help round out the sharp angles and helps keep the gut from breaking prematurely.

snoflewis
07-24-2006, 04:55 PM
no you dumb ***, in the throat

why do you ask the same question in two different threads?

and secondly, you asked if the grommet in the throat is part of the grommets in general...well is the throat piece not a grommet? in all honesty, you're the one that's looking like the dumbass...

MTChong
07-24-2006, 05:01 PM
why do you ask the same question in two different threads?

and secondly, you asked if the grommet in the throat is part of the grommets in general...well is the throat piece not a grommet? in all honesty, you're the one that's looking like the dumbass...

Well snoflewis, it looks like that's what is happening all over the boards.

snoflewis
07-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Well snoflewis, it looks like that's what is happening all over the boards.

yeah...is it just me, or is everybody posting in the wrong section today?

tnig469
07-24-2006, 09:21 PM
I love fried chicken........o sorry guys...wrong section...i thought i was in the i love fried chicken section...sorry :)