PDA

View Full Version : Weak Leg

ktowntennis
07-17-2004, 02:08 PM
I am 34 years old and have played competitive tennis for over fifteen years. Over the last several months my left leg has, for lack of a better word, become "weaker" and or not as strong as it once was. Whenever I attempt to take off and place my weight on the left leg it feels as if it could give out beneath me. I also have noticed this on my serve whenever I attempt to lean into the court onto my left leg. There's no real pain, just a sense that my left leg is not as stable as it once was. Initially I thought the problem might be with my left knee but now I'm not so sure. Does anyone have any insight as to what the problem might be? More importantly, does anyone have any idea as to how I might remedy this ailment?

spt
07-18-2004, 05:06 AM
Do you only notice this around the tennis court or is this a constant thing. Your symptoms are similar to what I am experiencing with a ruptured disk in my back. I have considerable weakness in my left leg - other symptoms I have include tingling and numbness in my calf and toes. I have very little or no back pain. There are nerves that run from the back and go down the leg - when my disk ruptured, it fragmented and the fragment is pressing on the nerve in my back.

But there are also plenty of other things it could be. I would say you probably need to get to your family doctor and talk with him/her.

Rickson
07-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Possibly sciatica, a condition where the sciatic nerve which runs down from the back to each leg, is inflamed. Check it out with your doc, it might be something else, but it sounds like sciatica to me.