PDA

View Full Version : Anyone likes to write?

zhan
07-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Well... here is something I wrote sometime ago...

- Untitled work of art

I am living under a cloud of the black death, plagued, perplexed and tormented. Desperate to be rescued and cured, I sought guidiance from my elders. It tortured my every move, every step, even the slightest twitch from my eyes. I felt this flame of passion burning inside my soul, hurts me yet it soothes, comforts me yet it wounds, numbs me yet it makes me feel. I felt vibrant, intelligent and alive, yet I also felt depressed, helpless and deaden. An omen told me that I should be more opinionated, more belligerent, less cautious, and gain more spiritual sanctity, but the omen also told me that I should be stoic without compromise, befriend the night, mysteriously simple yet puzzling complicated. It's like the ying and the yang clouds spinning right above my head, the forces of good and evil in this cosmic battle for my soul. Oh poor soul... Please Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, save me from this eternal anguish and let my soul be free of bondage! Let me fly away from the flame of eternal torment, let me be rid off the diseased cloud, let me be physically, mentally and spiritually be free!

-Zhan

MTChong
07-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I find it ironic that you wrote "Anyone likes to write?" Well, I likes to write! Actually, writing does not come easily to me, but people tell me that I can write well when I feel like doing so - which doesn't come very often. I suppose that I am in need of a muse.

Phil
07-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Well... here is something I wrote sometime ago...

- Untitled work of art

I am living under a cloud of the black death, plagued, perplexed and tormented. Desperate to be rescued and cured, I sought guidiance from my elders. It tortured my every move, every step, even the slightest twitch from my eyes. I felt this flame of passion burning inside my soul, hurts me yet it soothes, comforts me yet it wounds, numbs me yet it makes me feel. I felt vibrant, intelligent and alive, yet I also felt depressed, helpless and deaden. An omen told me that I should be more opinionated, more belligerent, less cautious, and gain more spiritual sanctity, but the omen also told me that I should be stoic without compromise, befriend the night, mysteriously simple yet puzzling complicated. It's like the ying and the yang clouds spinning right above my head, the forces of good and evil in this cosmic battle for my soul. Oh poor soul... Please Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, save me from this eternal anguish and let my soul be free of bondage! Let me fly away from the flame of eternal torment, let me be rid off the diseased cloud, let me be physically, mentally and spiritually be free!

-Zhan

Nice that you "likes" to write. By enjoying what you do, you've won half the battle. The next step for you is to try doing it well (or at least competently). Please.

zhan
07-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Nice that you "likes" to write. By enjoying what you do, you've won half the battle. The next step for you is to try doing it well (or at least competently). Please.
sorry but im fob...
so...
pssshhhh
lol

Tikiman53
07-24-2006, 06:10 PM
I like writing. :) I have an account on writingforums.com... I'm not going to reveal my user though. :)

Phil
07-24-2006, 06:17 PM
sorry but im fob...
so...
pssshhhh
lol

No need to apologize for that.;)

Nuke
07-24-2006, 06:36 PM
I have sold about 50 short stories to various science fiction, fantasy and horror magazines and anthologies. Yeah, we likes to write.

MegacedU
07-24-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm a writer too. Those who have seen the MegacedU blog know about my stories. I'm actually a creative writing major.

Rincon
07-24-2006, 10:20 PM
OMG, (that's the first time I've ever said that) I LOVE to write! If you don't know already, I love to write some stories and sell them to my rube friends for cash. There's this one book, Weekends in Madras, that I wrote about 2 months ago which (at $7 per copy) has brought in $217 (which is mostly in my bank account). I'd love to post a sample but it contains WAY TOO MUCH swearing! About 300+ "offensive" words in about 32 pages. Yes, very low brow but it pays! Anyhow, no link either, I've gotten spam and crap from it (mostly hate mail).

Bagumbawalla
07-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Zahn,

I, also, have been writing, off and on. I have written a humor column for several newspapers as well as short stories.

I enjoy writing but it has never come easily. I find it hard work.

Like tennis or opera or brain surgery, writing well, takes a certain amount of training and study.

I notice, Zahn, That you have a love of language, strong feelings and a desire to express them. I recommend that you do a lot of reading. Study those things that are most like what you want to write. Find what makes them work and what makes you enjoy reading them. I assume you are thinking of fiction/creative writing.

If you really want to become a writer, find books on writiing that fit your needs, take classes from an established writer that you respect (just as you would a tennis coach). So, I guess the question is-- who are the writers you like to read and what are your ambitions.

Good luck,

B

Freedom
07-27-2006, 08:14 PM
I love writing. Novels are my thing, I really don't like poetry.

d_frank
07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
god is a lie :)

nViATi
07-27-2006, 09:06 PM
No offense but stop being emo!

Mr.Federer
07-28-2006, 05:50 PM
No offense but stop being emo!

BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...haha good one

shrakkie
07-29-2006, 12:30 AM
ummmm i do like to write too.i dont know how long u have been writing for and how serious u are about it but if i were u i would not use as many cliches.lol.was good tho!:)