PDA

View Full Version : do the william sisters really use...

noobplayer
07-24-2006, 06:46 PM
those big os racquets now shown on tennis warehouse, the gypsy rose and the divine iris? what kind of names r those and the funk pjs. i kinda like the divine iris pj but definitely not the pink pj of the gypsy rose. and man those are huge. 111 and 113 sq. in.

JLBAYERR
07-24-2006, 06:51 PM
I bet they're just using their n3 and n4 with pj's.

hmmhmm... "n3" and "n4", excuse me...

chinese dragon
07-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Plus are those racquets meant for only women to use or are men using them too? because I read that some guys do...and thats plain weird...if they were meant for women, why dont they post the W5 Divine Iris and W3 Gypsy Rose in the W-Line section?

Nadal-inator
07-24-2006, 08:04 PM
well even if the williams sisters did use these rocket launchers, they would have to be customized...I mean strong girls like that cant use 9 oz racquets...maybe there are guys that use it...I read the feedback on some W-Line rackets and guys have given them a try...but who knows if the williams rackets will even sell because these are identical to the n3 and n4

kchau
07-24-2006, 08:12 PM
n3=w3 n4=w5

the new w racquets are just painted racquets, nothing different

chinese dragon
07-24-2006, 08:52 PM
if the are just pjs of the nn3 and n4 whats the point fo making them geez...

migjam
07-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Those are some of the UGLIEST racquets made.

tennisprofl
07-25-2006, 05:44 PM
why do they use such big head sizes?

dmastous
07-25-2006, 05:47 PM
I bet they're just using their n3 and n4 with pj's.

hmmhmm... "n3" and "n4", excuse me...
My thought is the new frames are basically the same frames they've been using with paint jobs.
Kind of funny. This is a new direction for the whole paintjob market.

migjam
07-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I just think that those frames are the uglies things on the market. And I don't care for the whole womens frame trend going on now by the racquet companies.

XFactorer
07-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Migjam, you may not care, but women may care a whole lot. Makes 'em feel special and those racquets are kinda pretty, I think. Blah blah blah, it's all marketing, and it seems to work. Head has a women's line endorsed by Steffi Graf!

migjam
07-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Migjam, you may not care, but women may care a whole lot. Makes 'em feel special and those racquets are kinda pretty, I think. Blah blah blah, it's all marketing, and it seems to work. Head has a women's line endorsed by Steffi Graf!

Do women actually care though? How many women have you seen hitting with these new frames?

Gimmick, Gimmick, Gimmick thats all it's about with these racquet companies these days. Next year it will be something else and it won't make a BIT of difference in your game.

dmastous
07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
I talked with somebody in a pro shop the other day who feels the Head Airframes are going to bomb big time. He says they've decided not to sell them, and there's no interest at the shows he's been to.
Also, the Wilson W frames sold very well, but as soon as women find out the W designates it as a 'women's frame' they back off and look elsewhere.

djarc
07-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Wilson dumped a ton of money (probably more than we'll ever make combined) into the research for this so don't worry about them.

I do think this is just a PJ scheme they're trying out. I'm sure it will attract more women to the sport of tennis.

I know I'd like more options for the RDS 001 pj, haha... yellow is "nice" but throwing out some special PJ would be cool, yenno, something besides yellow? Anyone? Yonex? You listening? ...

Chang
08-04-2006, 01:16 AM
I think wilson is just wasting money. Most of the Wilson female players don't even use the W line crap.

PBODY99
08-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Rigth, the W line is about the Paint job. The frames come in various colors for the same model. In the Delaware Valley the women I see with them have picked up the frame because of the color, and the low static weight.
Venus & Serena have used large head frames as long as I've seen them play.:cool:

Deuce
08-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Women's racquets... What's next - women's balls?

Wouldn't that be that somewhat of a contradiction?

slice bh compliment
08-16-2006, 03:36 AM
Women's racquets... What's next - women's balls?

Wouldn't that be that somewhat of a contradiction?

Hhahahahaah.:D

Well, wait a minute, they sort of already have 'women's balls'. Most WTA stops use the Regular Duty ball (with the red lettering) on hard courts. They are strong enough for a man....but....

RafaN RichardG
08-16-2006, 06:56 AM
im pretty sure they do use lighter balls on the womens side, they talk about it all the time on ESPN, but idk how much i trust what they say, but i know iv heard it before.