PDA

View Full Version : ATP Top 10 play Super Olympics

RMac
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Breaking News -- The top 10 tennis players on the planet have decided to stage a junior-tennis-camp-style Super Olympics tournament at the local public courts. They said in a statement that they wanted to have some fun with the game like they did back in the day, before they started playing for their livelihood. The teams (drawn at random from a hat) are as follows:

Roddick-Robredo
Nadal-Blake
Ancic-Nalbandian
Stepanek-Ljubicic
Federer-Davydenko

The format is round robin, with the top four teams making the "playoffs". And then the team with the best record playing the #4 seed, while the #2 and #3 seeds face off in the other semi-final. Once again the players are in this for fun, but obviously still want to win (as well as provide hypothetical tennis talk fodder for us junkies :D).

So who makes the playoffs, and goes on to win this tourny?

NamRanger
07-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Breaking News -- The top 10 tennis players on the planet have decided to stage a junior-tennis-camp-style Super Olympics tournament at the local public courts. They said in a statement that they wanted to have some fun with the game like they did back in the day, before they started playing for their livelihood. The teams (drawn at random from a hat) are as follows:

Roddick-Robredo
Nadal-Blake
Ancic-Nalbandian
Stepanek-Ljubicic
Federer-Davydenko

The format is round robin, with the top four teams making the "playoffs". And then the team with the best record playing the #4 seed, while the #2 and #3 seeds face off in the other semi-final. Once again the players are in this for fun, but obviously still want to win (as well as provide hypothetical tennis talk fodder for us junkies :D).

So who makes the playoffs, and goes on to win this tourny?

If I was to pick who wins the tournament, I'd say Ljubicic-Stepanek or Nalbandian-Ancic. All the guys on these teams have played doubles quite alot (I think Nalbandian is lagging behind, but he's played enough and has alot of talent in him) and know what they need to do to get the job done.

mctennis
07-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Federer and Davydenko have a smoother game style than the others. It will be interesting to see them playing doubles.

The Grand Slam
07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
I think Nadal and Blake.

RMac
07-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I think the playoffs go down like this:

Semifinals
#1 Ancic-Nalby d. #4 Fed-Davydenko
#2 Nadal-Blake d. #3 Ljuby-Stepanek

Finals (what the heck, lets make the finals best 3 of 5 games)
#2 Nadal-Blake d. #1 Ancic-Nalby