PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Academy of Asia (Bangkok, Thailand)

CX115
07-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Going to the Tennis Academy of Asia. Is anyone gonna be there from the 1st of August? Has anyone been there before? How are the facilities? They look sweeeeet. :)

dnelson
07-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Actually went there twice but before they built new academy. Great program, lot of personal attention and well worth cost. I am scheduled to go November. Fair warning, it will be hot and humid in Aug.

dirkgnuf
07-26-2006, 08:48 AM
CX115, I might be going there as well, since I only live 15 minutes from the area. Unfortunately, i've got an inflamed shoulder, so wait and see. I saw some juniors taking lessons there, seemed really good, and the new facilities are nice
BTW, Dnelson, what program did you take, and who was your coach?
Any reccomendations?

dnelson
07-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Paul Dale was my direct coach, but, also participated in drills along with Juniors (I play in the Senior-ITF). All skill levels were together for the drills then separated for matches with appropriate partners. Essentially was setup that all do the same drills (doesn't matter level), then apply what you learned to matches, which is where the real benefit comes into play, rather than just feeding you balls. Good luck!

CX115
07-27-2006, 02:08 AM
Nice, thanks for the info. Haha, yeah I know it can be hot. Im livin in Hong Kong right now, and its blazin. Shouldnt be too much different from here.

dirkgnuf, take care of that shoulder of yours. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

choth21
10-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Does anyone have a website? I'm thinking about making a trip to Asia in January and would like to hit some balls.

GuitarCrazyo
11-06-2009, 07:39 PM
hey there, i saw your thread of your travel to thailand.

just wondering how safe it is to bring expensive camera equipment to thailand and say leaving it in your hotel room...

thanks a lot,
-Dan

eeytennis
11-07-2009, 10:23 AM

just wondering how safe it is to bring expensive camera equipment to thailand and say leaving it in your hotel room...

thanks a lot,
-Dan

Dan,

Some family of mine is from that part of the world (S.E. Asia). i would advise not leaving the camera there. Theft is a huge problem over there due to the extreme poverty of most of the population. Just my two cents although others might advise you differently, but if i were you i wouldn't leave the camera in the hotel. With that said though, SE Asia is one of the most beautiful part of the world and i am sure you will have a great time! Many people don't want to come back! :-)

SoCal10s
11-13-2009, 08:11 AM

thanks a lot,
-Dan

if you stay at a nice hotel then it wouldn't be a problem ... if you stay at a 2 star hotel,most of them have a lock box at the counter where you can put your valuables in,like passport ect.. and most hotel there,usually ask you to check your hotel keys in when you leave to go anywhere...