PDA

View Full Version : wasnt sure where to ask this but...

randomname
07-25-2006, 09:18 PM
I figure alot of people come to these boards so surely someone can help. anyway, I recently lost my birth certificate, and I dont need it for anything in the near future but I'd really like to have it on hand, what do I do to get another one?

Phil
07-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Actually, why even ASK the question on a tennis chat board?

You know, the Internet has a lot of websites...some of those actually may have the information that you're looking for, that's IF you take the TWO MINUTES required to do a simple search for, let's just take a guess here...how about "Information on replacing a Lost Birth Certificate". I believe the Internet was CREATED for this type of thing...you know, providing information...

Anyway, what you will learn, if you can find the appropriate site, is that you call or write the office of vital records in the town or municipality where you were born (You DO KNOW where you were born, don't you?) and request a replacement certificate. You can FIND the number where to call at the National Center for Health Statistics' website (I know this 'cause I used that site once). I won't provide you with a link, because, well, I think you just MAY be able to find it yourself.

randomname
07-26-2006, 06:27 AM
well if your done being an ******* about it, I did use a search engine and every website I found was either a message board for people asking for help getting birth certificates so they could immigrate INTO america (so their situation didnt really help me) or some kind of birth certificate expiditing service. but good god, try not to be so full of yourself jackass

Manda_D
07-26-2006, 06:44 AM
this happened to me a few months back!

i dont know where your from... but if your australian, you need to go to the registry of births, deaths and marriages. you can find where the building is in the yellow pages or google it

Manda_D
07-26-2006, 06:50 AM
ohh never mind... i only skimmed over your reply 2 that other guy and didnt see the america part.. my bad! i'll have a search for ya anyway

Manda_D
07-26-2006, 07:01 AM
here we go... i found something that might be usefull to ya.. http://www.birthcertificatesusa.com/

Freedom
07-26-2006, 05:51 PM
HA this reminds me of a 'Zits' comic strip. Jeremy answers a ringing phone, and the guy asks if he has a motor for like a '67 Mustang. Jeremy says "No, but you might try calling an auto parts store, because calling house to house like this is going to take a long time." :D

simi
07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
County Department of Records. County where you were born. It'll cost you a few bucks, but go ahead and get two or three. Then keep one in a safe place where it will never get lost. Same place as your amateur radio license, DD-214 (military seperation paper), original Social Security Card, voters registration certificate, passport, etc. Make some cheap xerox copies for occasions where you don't need a certified copy and have those handy.

slewisoh
07-26-2006, 08:22 PM
I had to contact the Division of Vital Records (statistics, duh) for the State of Kansas, which is where I was born. It was a while back, but it seems I had to get a notary to validate my passport and drivers license, submit the form...

Get at least two copies - one s/b in your safe deposit box and another s/b in a fireproof safe at home.

It's an important document to have, so don't be lax in getting it replaced. My husband let his driver's license expire last year and when he went to renew he found he had misplaced his birth certificate and social security card. He was not able to renew using only his passport and had to jump through many hoops to fix his mess. Not fun.

ThePlungerMan
07-26-2006, 11:26 PM

You know, the Internet has a lot of websites...some of those actually may have the information that you're looking for, that's IF you take the TWO MINUTES required to do a simple search for, let's just take a guess here...how about "Information on replacing a Lost Birth Certificate". I believe the Internet was CREATED for this type of thing...you know, providing information...

Anyway, what you will learn, if you can find the appropriate site, is that you call or write the office of vital records in the town or municipality where you were born (You DO KNOW where you were born, don't you?) and request a replacement certificate. You can FIND the number where to call at the National Center for Health Statistics' website (I know this 'cause I used that site once). I won't provide you with a link, because, well, I think you just MAY be able to find it yourself.
Hi Phil,

Hiding behind your keyboard in anonymousville going off on strangers is just plain wrong. It’s bad bad bad. It serves no purpose and keeps some of those they may have good things to post, stay away.

On the way to the court tonight, and before this recent post of yours, I thought about serving you notice, that I would, in fact, follow you around this board and monitor your posts and chime in when you act like a bully. And only for that. IOW I wouldn’t remark about your posts, unless I felt like responding in an acceptable way. But for the most part, just make a concerted effort to curb your bullying.

I was bullied around when young, it’s a real bummer. I hope you can understand.

It wouldn’t be hard to follow you around either. In fact it would be simple. And I wouldn’t consider it weird either, and wouldn’t care what others thought. (But you know that already huh?). I also would make a concerted effort to be mature about.
You see, I read this board for a few months before registering and you made an impression on me. It was like, oh yeah! that’s that mean guy again, not always but sometimes. On the other hand, often you are insightful.

I mean, if I felt like reading posts, why not yours. You often have interesting things to say, are well written to boot, and almost never boring,

I was thinking, all I have to do, is just click you name and bam up comes your posts, read, and if you act like a total jerk I will chime in, kinda like a mod for mean people. And maybe become enlightened at the same time. It’s a win win kinda thing.

Or maybe I wont you follow you around, who knows, time will tell.

Phil
07-27-2006, 02:35 AM
Hi Phil,

Hiding behind your keyboard in anonymousville going off on strangers is just plain wrong. It’s bad bad bad. It serves no purpose and keeps some of those they may have good things to post, stay away.

On the way to the court tonight, and before this recent post of yours, I thought about serving you notice, that I would, in fact, follow you around this board and monitor your posts and chime in when you act like a bully. And only for that. IOW I wouldn’t remark about your posts, unless I felt like responding in an acceptable way. But for the most part, just make a concerted effort to curb your bullying.

I was bullied around when young, it’s a real bummer. I hope you can understand.

It wouldn’t be hard to follow you around either. In fact it would be simple. And I wouldn’t consider it weird either, and wouldn’t care what others thought. (But you know that already huh?). I also would make a concerted effort to be mature about.
You see, I read this board for a few months before registering and you made an impression on me. It was like, oh yeah! that’s that mean guy again, not always but sometimes. On the other hand, often you are insightful.

I mean, if I felt like reading posts, why not yours. You often have interesting things to say, are well written to boot, and almost never boring,

I was thinking, all I have to do, is just click you name and bam up comes your posts, read, and if you act like a total jerk I will chime in, kinda like a mod for mean people. And maybe become enlightened at the same time. It’s a win win kinda thing.

Or maybe I wont you follow you around, who knows, time will tell.

On the way to COURT??? What, pray tell, did you do to get yourself hauled into court? Or are you a "judge"?

Anyway, follow me around all you want; maybe you're actually learn something. I'm kinda flattered, actually...to have a puppy dog that is so obsessed with me...you must dream of me, and that I'm not crazy about, but what can you do?

Sorry that you were bullied as a kid, but that's your problem, not mine. Follow away. But don't worry, I usually don't kick my puppy dogs...and knowing that you were kicked around, I'll be sure to be extra nice.

robkat
07-27-2006, 04:08 AM
I figure alot of people come to these boards so surely someone can help. anyway, I recently lost my birth certificate, and I dont need it for anything in the near future but I'd really like to have it on hand, what do I do to get another one?

You can go to this website and obtain another copy. I have used this web site twice with no problems;

http://www.vitalchek.com/?clicked=1

Andres
07-27-2006, 06:39 AM
No, you're not getting the heritage of that uncle you don't even know. That's for real nephews.

ThePlungerMan
07-27-2006, 07:47 AM
On the way to COURT??? What, pray tell, did you do to get yourself hauled into court? Or are you a "judge"?

Anyway, follow me around all you want; maybe you're actually learn something. I'm kinda flattered, actually...to have a puppy dog that is so obsessed with me...you must dream of me, and that I'm not crazy about, but what can you do?

Sorry that you were bullied as a kid, but that's your problem, not mine. Follow away. But don't worry, I usually don't kick my puppy dogs...and knowing that you were kicked around, I'll be sure to be extra nice.
Please be nice to me, please
P.S. game on

shrakkie
07-29-2006, 08:59 AM

why are u so mean and full of urself in like every thread u post in?

ThePlungerMan
07-29-2006, 09:34 AM
why are u so mean and full of urself in like every thread u post in?

re: Phil

I can answer that. He needs his fix. He needs to feel powerful or likes the attention, or is a bully.
He’s a sad man, (I think a man) who has issues and problems. Hopefully he can over come these.
Until then lets pity the poor pathetic fool.

SFrazeur
07-29-2006, 09:56 AM

The poster, obliviously came here to find some nice friendly advise. Then

you come and make the post above. The persons a little lost and you

shame him for asking for directions. Shame on you.

shrakkie
07-29-2006, 10:19 AM
completely agree with the above two posts

ThePlungerMan
07-29-2006, 10:26 AM
The poster, obliviously came here to find some nice friendly advise. Then

you come and make the post above. The persons a little lost and you

shame him for asking for directions. Shame on you.
He already knows this. Gotta hit him harder than that.
BUT when you do, he blasts off with some cussing. Then his and the post you wrote with his quote gets deleted, so the good digs against him end up deleted also, along with his cussing.

IOW, when you get him good he goes off on purpose,( I believe) then the posts don’t last long enough to stick and give him the rep he deserves.

I would really like to see more weigh in on his cowardly posting habits. You know the old saying, evil prospers when good men do nothing.
It would behoove us if fellow posters kept this thread going along this note. It wouldn’t be considered hijacking. The OP got his answers

SFrazeur
07-29-2006, 10:45 AM
As far as I know, I have never quoted him cursing. Cursing gets filtered does it not?

ThePlungerMan
07-29-2006, 01:15 PM
As far as I know, I have never quoted him cursing. Cursing gets filtered does it not?
You get him good. He “”quotes”” you in a flame cussing post. So your good post gets deleted with his cussing post. IOW, the post that ticked him off, even if it's OK, gets deleted.
Curbs flame wars but supplies a loop hole, to the disingenuous like him.

SFrazeur
07-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Alright, I guess I could always use another goat. This way I do not have to mow my lawn.

Deuce
07-29-2006, 09:05 PM

Well, the answer here is quite obvious... You must join a religious denomination of which you were never previously a member. I'm quite sure that they will issue you a new birth certificate when you officially become 'born again'.

ThePlungerMan
07-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Well, the answer here is quite obvious... You must join a religious denomination of which you were never previously a member. I'm quite sure that they will issue you a new birth certificate when you officially become 'born again'.
Funny? NOT!!

Max G.
07-30-2006, 06:35 AM
Funny? NOT!!

Hey, I found it funny!

ThePlungerMan
07-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey, I found it funny!
I get defensive about The Lord Jesus Christ.

Rickson
07-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Go to the hospital where you were born.

shawn1122
07-30-2006, 03:19 PM

At least Phil likes Federer more than Nadal.

SFrazeur
07-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Go to the hospital where you were born.

The most the hospital will have is the hospital's certificate of birth. Which, is not the same.

Deuce
07-30-2006, 09:33 PM
I get defensive about The Lord Jesus Christ.
I made no reference to the lord, nor to Jesus Christ.
I made reference to religion.

Big difference.

ThePlungerMan
07-30-2006, 09:45 PM
I made no reference to the lord, nor to Jesus Christ.
I made reference to religion.

Big difference.
A reference to born again is a reference to The Lord Jesus Christ
= no difference.
:D

Phil
07-30-2006, 09:49 PM
You get him good. He “”quotes”” you in a flame cussing post. So your good post gets deleted with his cussing post. IOW, the post that ticked him off, even if it's OK, gets deleted.
Curbs flame wars but supplies a loop hole, to the disingenuous like him.

What in the world are you babbling about, old man?