PDA

View Full Version : Baseball fans: ESPN fires Harold Reynolds

Colpo
07-26-2006, 11:53 AM
... and they're not saying why. I guess this means even more of the awful John Kruk.

Wildcard
07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
I emailed ESPN- I've had it with Disney shoving the x games and associated slackers down our throats while canning a guy who really added something to the baseball programing.
In the next couple days there had better be a pretty nasty reason for this move or they can keep the crappy channel and magazine.

Breaker
07-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Harold Reynolds was my favorite baseball analyst too.. :|

Craig Sheppard
07-26-2006, 12:50 PM
THAT SUCKS AAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. He was the best they had by far.

norcal
07-26-2006, 12:53 PM
He was sexually harrasing female production assistants, that's why he was s-canned.

Craig Sheppard
07-26-2006, 01:36 PM
LOL Harold's such a playa!

Objective Danny
07-26-2006, 03:01 PM
He was smitten with 'Bill Clinton disease'. That being a weakness of the flesh.

Wildcard
07-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I just knew there had to be a "public death penalty" offense (saying really wrong thing or harassment) to take him off the air- Too bad, maybe we will get an Olympian winter game slackers to fill in. That FTofG (fat tub of Goo) Kruck is worthless.

theace21
07-26-2006, 04:05 PM
He was sexually harrasing female production assistants, that's why he was s-canned.
I want to hear the real story, it had to be more the one incident to fire him...

Phil
07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I want to hear the real story, it had to be more the one incident to fire him...

Why should it take more than one incident. "Oh yeah, this guy grabbed Millies butt, but that's only the sixth woman he's done it to...we'll give him a couple more chances, cause he's a stand-up guy."

Anyway, I don't know what led to the firing, but Reynolds was one of the best they had-he was funny, and as an ex-player, he really brought the game up from the field. But...if he's a harasser, then he deserved to be fired, if not arrested.

Cruzer
07-26-2006, 05:30 PM
A local sports talk show was discussing the matter this morning and one the radio staff said Reynolds has said the whole matter was a misunderstanding and he wants to meet with the ESPN people and get back to his analyst job. Of course there are two sides to every story and the truth is often somewhere between the two sides.
If their report is true and Reynolds really thinks he should get his job back and ESPN doesn't give it back to him (and they probably won't) then it will likely wrongful dismissal lawsuit time and the two sides will probably settle out of court.

theace21
07-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Why should it take more than one incident. "Oh yeah, this guy grabbed Millies butt, but that's only the sixth woman he's done it to...we'll give him a couple more chances, cause he's a stand-up guy."

Anyway, I don't know what led to the firing, but Reynolds was one of the best they had-he was funny, and as an ex-player, he really brought the game up from the field. But...if he's a harasser, then he deserved to be fired, if not arrested.
He had been with the company for 11 years. I can't believe this was only incident. If he made a woman feel uncomfortable with a hug, a written reprimand in his file. Now grabbing her behind with the hug, point out how nice her breasts look in that dress, etc - fire him...

Just think the story is completly out yet...Then again, you have to be impressed that the company took action! If he would have worked for the goverment no big deal - but don't mess with the MOUSE!!!

chunlin66
07-26-2006, 08:39 PM
If you want the real story, read these posts:
http://www.deadspin.com/sports/harold-reynolds/

quest01
07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
That's very surprising. Thanks for posting this because I had no idea. Reynolds was an excellent commentator for ESPN and Iím very surprised he was fired. When was the last time someone from ESPN was fired? Especially when itís a big shot like Harold Reynolds.

theace21
07-26-2006, 09:28 PM
If you want the real story, read these posts:
http://www.deadspin.com/sports/harold-reynolds/
Thanks for the link...

Moose Malloy
07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
When was the last time someone from ESPN was fired?

Rush Limbaugh

theace21
07-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Thats stupid..he was also my favorite. Does that also mean no more little leage announcing also?
He is going to miss the little league - he has been doing it for 9 years.