PDA

View Full Version : P Macs frame

NoBadMojo
03-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Evening. Not sure where to stick this post. I had the pleasure of playing ball with a great guy today that worked alot w. both of the Macs and he was using the very same bat that PMac used and also said that JMac used it for a while too and used it when he won Wimby w. Stich. Since the subject of Nike and racquets appeared on the board somewhere, he said they took this very same frame to Phil Knight at Nike back in the late 80's and he wanted to do it mostly because he likes tennis, but that his board would not go along. It would have been a distribution/marketing problem w. the reps and back then tennis wasnt booming anymore. The frame was totally unmarked and glossy black and sweet looking and very heavy (to me) all over. it has been a while since i hit w. a racquet that heavy, but i would guess it to be 13 oz or so. It was a total custom job and only 90 were made and it started life as a Pro Staff..they made it all graphite in the upper hoop and made it gradually softer the further down in the racquet by using more fiberglass and the handle was more like all fiberglass. it was made so that no lead was neded to make it that weight and it came out custom made to that weight and balance. It was sweet. Ed

Shaolin
03-04-2004, 11:03 PM
I have to come down there and hit with you and some of these big wigs! I want to try that racquet :D

jayserinos99
03-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Ed or anyone else, let's say I wanted to make a custom frame based off of the Head PT 280 frame. How would I go about doing this?

NoBadMojo
03-05-2004, 05:47 AM
Shaolin/Michael..you know you are welcome here, but <chances are> you may get stuck just hitting w. me. Come soon before I get kicked off the island :) I dont get to play ball w. many big wigs. It's fun when I can , but only when they are really nice people like this guy. bausch and lomb week may present another opportunity. You still have snow in the corn fields? Ed