PDA

View Full Version : Tatiana Golovin's Racquet

Andy Zarzuela
07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
It's old news that Tatiana is no longer Volkl and is now with Wilson. She has been playing with the Wilson nvision, or some kind of customized version of it. However, I see that she yet again has switched to the n4 midplus, or an nvision with that paintjob. I notice that her racquet has 16x20 string pattern, which is the same pattern as the nVision. This is a good paintjob by wilson. The only thing that assures me that her racquet is still an nVision is the white grommets, but those can easily be changed, right?

What do you think?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/71332504.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6C4C76A791DDCD915 F06BF04B24B4128C
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/71454276.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3C818346D05F86646634F3DED0

Tennis guy from NorCal
07-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Your links don't work

zhan
07-27-2006, 06:20 AM
the second one works
the first one doesnt

Marat Safinator
07-27-2006, 06:47 AM
they both do, I dont know but its a chunky wilson, probably similar to williams sisters.

esrb
11-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Press control and then right click

superstition
11-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Wilson N4. Light, stiff, head-heavy. Terrible for the elbow.

Normally, I'd assume hers is probably heavily customized to be heavier and have a headlight or even balance. However, when I've seen her play, her strokes suggest that it is quite light and a bit head heavy. I think the racquet is mediocre and she can get away with it because she's young but the bad balance, light weight, and stiffness will catch up with her joints.

travlerajm
11-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Wilson N4. Light, stiff, head-heavy. Terrible for the elbow.

Normally, I'd assume hers is probably heavily customized to be heavier and have a headlight or even balance. However, when I've seen her play, her strokes suggest that it is quite light and a bit head heavy. I think the racquet is mediocre and she can get away with it because she's young but the bad balance, light weight, and stiffness will catch up with her joints.

Her old strung specs were about 11.5 oz. and 4 pts HL (typical specs for an-off-shelf 11.5-oz. frame, but terrible specs for a WTA pro). She is really limiting her ceiling by playing with a recreational-style racquet.

On the plus-side for her, it means that she would probably vault into the top 10 if she adopted less HL pro-style specs like most of the other top-10 ladies.

ericsson
11-21-2006, 02:58 AM
Her old strung specs were about 11.5 oz. and 4 pts HL (typical specs for an-off-shelf 11.5-oz. frame, but terrible specs for a WTA pro). She is really limiting her ceiling by playing with a recreational-style racquet.

On the plus-side for her, it means that she would probably vault into the top 10 if she adopted less HL pro-style specs like most of the other top-10 ladies.

not completely true, look at justine henin, she uses an old hammer, talk about light and head heavy and she's the best player of the moment. racket is important but not the most, talent is.

jackson vile
11-21-2006, 06:34 PM
not completely true, look at justine henin, she uses an old hammer, talk about light and head heavy and she's the best player of the moment. racket is important but not the most, talent is.

Completely different type of racket as she uses a hammer, and you get to see how that particular racket leaves a lot to be wanted.

jackson vile
11-21-2006, 06:35 PM

Hey where have you been! lol Email me

DADYO
11-22-2006, 07:33 AM

Uhm...
I'm quite sure a top 20 player and/or her coach know what's best for her more than any of us ;)

superstition
11-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Uhm...
I'm quite sure a top 20 player and/or her coach know what's best for her more than any of us ;)
That's doubtful. The WTA tour is wrecked with injuries from a combination of power racquets and hard courts. Regulation is needed, pronto, and not the increased fines and schedule lightening that are being promoted. The ball speed needs to be reduced and the courts need to be soft (like grass and full clay).

Even if a player/coach knows that a stiff light racquet is bad for the body, the player/coach is likely to use one anyway to compete with the others.

mary fierce
11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Clay means longer rallies, longer matches, different kinds of injuries. Grass is simply not happening, with most matches either indoors or at venues not maintained year-round for tennis. As in golf, female tennis players are eager to close the power gap with men so I don't think you'll see much pressure from them to slow things down.

superstition
11-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Because clay results in longer matches, it may be necessary to adopt rules for playing on that surface, like fewer sets or no deuce-ad scoring. I agree that the length of matches on clay may be an issue, although I don't recall women being injured a lot in the wood days because of clay. It seems quite obvious to me that the real problem is the ball speed and stiffness of the racquets/string/courts. For clay matches, you have longer matches with the harmful equipment which results in greater ball speed (which causes injury) and increased shock.

As for "grass simply not happening", it should be pointed out that three of the four slams were once on grass and the grass circuit was much bigger than it is today. It is not necessary for so many tournaments to be on hard courts.