PDA

View Full Version : Haas racquet Weight?

JohnMatrix
07-26-2006, 11:58 PM
I watched HAAS play today at the countrywide classic and DAYUMMMM....He missed about 4 backhands in 3 sets, no exaggeration. He was playing vs Paul Capdeville (about #147 in the world) or something and Paul would hit it to his backhand as naturally that is a slightly weaker side while HAAS was ripping his backhand better than his forehand, was ridiculous......But anyway the way he rips that ball makes me wonder what kind of balance he has going on with his racuqet. Head heavy, head light, dead even? The buttcap on his racquet was all black BTW.

The ball was in
07-27-2006, 12:12 AM
I watched HAAS play today at the countrywide classic and DAYUMMMM....He missed about 4 backhands in 3 sets, no exaggeration. He was playing vs Paul Capdeville (about #147 in the world) or something and Paul would hit it to his backhand as naturally that is a slightly weaker side while HAAS was ripping his backhand better than his forehand, was ridiculous......But anyway the way he rips that ball makes me wonder what kind of balance he has going on with his racuqet. Head heavy, head light, dead even? The buttcap on his racquet was all black BTW.

Your best bet...altho it may be difficult would be to ask Wings who picked up Haas' racquet at wimbledon...altho it might fall off the scale as it was ripped in half :p

I saw him practice at Wimbledon just before playing Berdych and even then both forehand and backhand were superb...I was at the same match as Wings and altho he lost...his backhand was a joy to watch when it was firing :D

BreakPoint
07-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Paul would hit it to his backhand as naturally that is a slightly weaker side while HAAS was ripping his backhand better than his forehand, was ridiculous......

Why would you say that the backhand is "naturally a slightly weaker side"? Some people have stronger backhands than forehands, including Haas (as you noted), Don Budge, and yours truly.

I think many female players also have stronger 2HBH's than forehands.

Anyway, it's usually easier for most people to hit 1HBH's with a head-light balance than with a head-heavy balance.

brucie
07-27-2006, 12:36 AM
Some people have stronger backhands than forehands, including Haas (as you noted), Don Budge, and yours truly.

My bh is also probably strongest in terms of winners but not more consistant than fh.

Anyhow to the poit of the thread look about for the thread about hass' broken racket, strarted by a member called wings. He has poics so I guess you could ask him to weigh the racket despite the fact it is broken to pieces.

JohnMatrix
07-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Why would you say that the backhand is "naturally a slightly weaker side"? Some people have stronger backhands than forehands, including Haas (as you noted), Don Budge, and yours truly.

Anyway, it's usually easier for most people to hit 1HBH's with a head-light balance than with a head-heavy balance.

Ok dude, I didn't mean that everyone in the entire world has a weaker backhand, but if you were to choose a side to hit to vs 100 different players without knowing their games, I would choose the backhand side....OKKKKKKKKKKKK?

BreakPoint
07-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Ok dude, I didn't mean that everyone in the entire world has a weaker backhand, but if you were to choose a side to hit to vs 100 different players without knowing their games, I would choose the backhand side....OKKKKKKKKKKKK?

OK, fair enough. Personally, I would hit to both sides first to figure out which side is weaker and then attack that side. Looks like Paul Capdeville should have done the same. ;) LOL

bleno567
08-01-2006, 01:04 PM
gotta side with john matrix, its not like a set rule or anything, but backhand generally tends to be the weeker side of people

JohnMatrix
08-01-2006, 03:22 PM
OK, fair enough. Personally, I would hit to both sides first to figure out which side is weaker and then attack that side. Looks like Paul Capdeville should have done the same. ;) LOL

Haha....you know whats funny was Paul couldnt find a weaker side. He looked captivated by his backhand. He would naturally approach by hitting to his backhand and he got smoked every time....But then again he is one of two players to take a set off Haas besides Tursunov in the entire tournament--Props to him