PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Seth from Babolat =)

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Thank you Seth from Babolat, just got my package from you at the hotel in Decatur, IL...
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1144/babolatpkgjd2.jpg

Swissv2
07-27-2006, 08:22 AM
hawt stuff! Whats it for?

cabernetjunkie
07-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Holy good gosh!! Way to go.:D

Mr.Federer
07-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Nice, you got sponsored I guess!, man, this makes me just want to become a better player!

verdasco67
07-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Hey! so you got sponsored? nice! what was the contract? How many racquets, string sets etc... did you receive?

Lleyton Hewitt
07-27-2006, 08:52 AM
not being disrespectful but he should of added to his post

coolblue123
07-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow talk about Xmas in July! Congrads on your pkg! That's like over a $1 K in mechandise!

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 10:49 AM
added what? i just switched to babolat from prince... since prince can't seem to make a decent stick... just thought you guys would like the pic =)

6 more racquets PCT, sets of PHurricane, overgrips, new bag, etc...

zhan
07-27-2006, 10:53 AM
wow...
free stuff is always welcome here...

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 10:55 AM
wow...
free stuff is always welcome here...

i have some string that i don't use anymore if you want =)

diredesire
07-27-2006, 10:57 AM
i have some string that i don't use anymore if you want =)

I WANT :)

p0w3r
07-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Hey dont leave me out :p ;) :mrgreen:

chiru
07-27-2006, 11:07 AM
yeah no kidding hook me up!

tarheels2323
07-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Depending on what the string is, I would be very appreciative of some being sent my way. :mrgreen:

zhan
07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
i got first dibs

Lleyton Hewitt
07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
ok since u are sponsored.....have they given u the new pro hurricane tour?

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 11:29 AM
ok since u are sponsored.....have they given u the new pro hurricane tour?

i have tried their pro hurricane tour, but i'm waiting to try the new multi fil poly string from them, i'm always up for trying something new to help my game

whatever it is though, i usually stick with the lux orig in the mains because it's much stiffer

SFrazeur
07-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Sydney Jim, how did you wrangle that much out of Babolat?

Also, Tennis Professional? USPTA, PTR?

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Sydney Jim, how did you wrangle that much out of Babolat?

Also, Tennis Professional? USPTA, PTR?

well i have a uspta cert, but i don't use it much... i just started playin futures/challengers now... i played for rice and was a top us junior, i think my highest junior ranking was 5 inelidgeable, and then 24 final ranking in the US. i'm somewhat known, but i'm a little on the older and forgotten side.. thank goodness some ppl still know me =)

cabernetjunkie
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Sydney Jim, this is a little off topic but I was curious as to how do you play with your Pure controls? Stock or do you add weight, and if so where do you add it.
Thanks

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Sydney Jim, this is a little off topic but I was curious as to how do you play with your Pure controls? Stock or do you add weight, and if so where do you add it.
Thanks

stock, no vib dampner, no lead, just stock grip w/ wilson pro overgrip.. but i might give the babolat syntec overgrip a shot since i have a ton of them now =)

cabernetjunkie
07-27-2006, 11:48 AM
stock, no vib dampner, no lead, just stock grip w/ wilson pro overgrip.. but i might give the babolat syntec overgrip a shot since i have a ton of them now =)

Thanks for the info. I borrowed one from someone and was going to hit with it tonight.

nn
07-27-2006, 01:19 PM
so you are not using babolat vs overgrip?? it is as good as wilson pro. (so many VS overgrip in white in your picture)

I sweat so much and love VS overgrip but wilson pro is also good.. man you just wish to get free stuff..hahaha

300Gkid
07-27-2006, 03:42 PM
was that all for free!!!! or did you have to pay a portion it doesn't seem like it since you might not use the string/grip

tennisprofl
07-27-2006, 03:48 PM
i would give anything to get free stuff like that. its awesome

Mr.Federer
07-27-2006, 04:33 PM
i would give anything to get free stuff like that. its awesome

Well, you won't be getting free stuff are you then, if you would give anything.:p

Marat Safinator
07-27-2006, 04:39 PM
are you really a proffesional? do you have a world ranking?

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 05:00 PM
i really didn't have a chance to read all the posts, but ummm i just turned pro i've played 3 tournies, but my past kinda puts me in a good standing with vendors. i'm actually @ the IL Futures right now. As far as get things free, I don't think i've paid for a racquet since i was 14 =)... well maybe 3 =)

Swissv2
07-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Top Man, SydneyJim! - great to see someone on our boards getting a break with some sponsorship. Let us know how you do!

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 05:17 PM
man, i'm so ****ed this guy at the tournament site doesn't know how to string racquets for crap... man i want my money back!!! BLAH!

Steven87
07-27-2006, 05:33 PM
I HATE YOU SYDNEY JIM

but you could earn my love by sending just one of those racquets

Dan007
07-27-2006, 05:44 PM
I HATE YOU SYDNEY JIM

I don't think he wants your love.

zhan
07-27-2006, 05:50 PM
I HATE YOU SYDNEY JIM

lame.........

nn
07-27-2006, 05:55 PM
I don't think he wants your love.

hahaha..

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 06:02 PM
so you are not using babolat vs overgrip?? it is as good as wilson pro. (so many VS overgrip in white in your picture)

I sweat so much and love VS overgrip but wilson pro is also good.. man you just wish to get free stuff..hahaha

alright i'll try it out... i just have so many wilson pro grips because my buddy is sponsored by wilson and gave me like 60 grips =)

Swissv2
07-27-2006, 06:06 PM
ahhh snap, can I have a few Wilson overgrips? I use those like crazy!

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
ahhh snap, can I have a few Wilson overgrips? I use those like crazy!

sorry man, i go through grips like water, at least one/two a match and at least 2 or 3 through practice

MMkay5
07-27-2006, 06:50 PM
instead of asking stuff from sydneyjim you guys should congragulate this guy. hes not going to give out his stuff to random people across the country. nice job gettin into the pros sydneyjim

tarheels2323
07-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Congratulations SydneyJim, you're living the dream that any of us would kill for (well, maybe not kill, but at least hurt someone badly... but I would kill :mrgreen: ).

Volly master
07-27-2006, 07:05 PM
SydneyJim :)

good luck with your career man, hope you have the best one you can! :)

maybe one of us will be good enough to turn pro haha. i doubt it, but a kid can dream.

SFrazeur
07-27-2006, 07:29 PM
You're not that guy that Tonya Harding hired are you?:D

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 08:28 PM

wow scarey lol, btw:

i play 1st round qualies match @ 1pm tomorrow

TennisProPaul
07-27-2006, 08:28 PM
sorry man, i go through grips like water, at least one/two a match and at least 2 or 3 through practice

sydney jim,

you have a one handed backhand and that white wilson grip does not last you?

You dont like to turn it around and put the top of the grip side at the bottom?

that wilson grip to me seems to be the best lasting grip. anyway

let us know if you have any quall wins as all the wins at that level are tough.

to get into the main draw is a battle.

A guy I know Eric Scharf is out there bangin with ya.

ohh why dont you give your frames to Johny Blazed to string?

good luck

ps: hey your sittin in the hotel small computer room typin huh?

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 08:31 PM
sydney jim,

you have a one handed backhand and that white wilson grip does not last you?

You dont like to turn it around and put the top of the grip side at the bottom?

that wilson grip to me seems to be the best lasting grip. anyway

let us know if you have any quall wins as all the wins at that level are tough.

to get into the main draw is a battle.

A guy I know Eric Scharf is out there bangin with ya.

ohh why dont you give your frames to Johny Blazed to string?

good luck

i just saw mr blaze... i had him string a few of my sticks in florida, and i didn't see him before i gave my racquets to the tournament string guy, plus the tournament stringer is that new babolat stringer... the guy just has my strings all up and down and crap, he needs to straighten them before the strings set

and turning around the grip is good and all, but i'm a little spoiled, plus if i really wanted to turn it around and have the same feel i'd have to cut the top like the bottom so it'll feel the same... i really don't want to deal with that, yes i'm spoiled sorry =(

SydneyJim
07-27-2006, 08:34 PM
hahahha, no they have wireless @ the hotel and i'm on my laptop =) hahaha that'd be a halarious picture if i was on the little computer hahahaha

verdasco67
07-27-2006, 08:52 PM
hey Sydney Jim may i know what your name is? =)

TennisProPaul
07-27-2006, 09:15 PM
hey Sydney Jim may i know what your name is? =)

dude his name is sydney jim, pay attention

Swissv2
07-27-2006, 10:06 PM
instead of asking stuff from sydneyjim you guys should congragulate this guy. hes not going to give out his stuff to random people across the country. nice job gettin into the pros sydneyjim

I did congratulate him... refer to my previous posts. But since he has so many overgrips, I was just asking for like 1 or 2 out of what, 60 overgrips? Just a friendly question!

tarheels2323
07-27-2006, 10:06 PM

lol. Nope, not old enough.

Good luck in the qualies SydneyJim. I hope you make the main draw and then some. Bring home that trophy.

SFrazeur
07-27-2006, 10:10 PM
lol. Nope, not old enough.

That is funny. He doesn't say: How dare you! That's terrible! That was in poor taste!

No instead; he disqualifies himself on the account of not being old enough.

verdasco67
07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
dude his name is sydney jim, pay attention

really? didnt know that! I mean his real name.

AJK1
07-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Seems like someone is showing off to me.

SFrazeur
07-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Seems like someone is showing off to me.

Not only showing off his swank, but he put it in the Pro's section.

hummer23
07-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Thats awsome sydney Jim, congrads and good luck in your tourneys. Make babolat and the TW forums proud. (we are doing pretty well, got some pics of a Haas racquet up now, but babolat . . . not so much) lol. Good luck.

Duzza
07-28-2006, 01:50 AM
really? didnt know that! I mean his real name.
Its Sydney Jim. Seriously.

BluDiamond
07-28-2006, 05:20 AM
since ur sponsored by babolat do you know if there are any new rackets coming out?? like a new pure control or aeropro drive??

equinox
07-28-2006, 05:35 AM
Found your itf record.

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/player.asp?player=30023321

And the winner is sydney.

SydneyJim
07-28-2006, 06:15 AM
seth said the rumor about the control... the control isn't going anywhere, but they might be putting the cortex system on the control just like they did to the roddick stick

SydneyJim
07-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Found your itf record.

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/player.asp?player=30023321

And the winner is sydney.

hehe told you i've only played 3 this year cause of injuries... playin at this level after quitting for 2.5 years beats your body up like a quivered up old man

and btw the whole showing off thing... i was assuming you guys would like to see the pic... especially how i have received many replies about i wish this i wish that... maybe it would be motivation for younger juniors to practice hard so they can have it one day... on top of that i bet if i were a top US player, you wouldn't be saying that... since you guys always ask what pro is using what, i just thought i'd share... sorry if i offended you

emo5
07-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Sydney Jim,

How did you get sponsored? Did you ask them or they picked you?
also,
Do you just get free gear or do you get paid to use it too?

thanks, it's feels cool to hear from a pro. :D
good luck by the way

Jonas
07-28-2006, 08:03 AM
hehe told you i've only played 3 this year cause of injuries... playin at this level after quitting for 2.5 years beats your body up like a quivered up old man

and btw the whole showing off thing... i was assuming you guys would like to see the pic... especially how i have received many replies about i wish this i wish that... maybe it would be motivation for younger juniors to practice hard so they can have it one day... on top of that i bet if i were a top US player, you wouldn't be saying that... since you guys always ask what pro is using what, i just thought i'd share... sorry if i offended you

Hey Sydney,
Don't worry about the haters and congrats! I will be following your career.

verdasco67
07-28-2006, 08:07 AM
I see you played Timothy Neilly in may....how does he play? ive always wanted to know

equinox
07-28-2006, 09:27 AM
lol, i noticed he played timmy too. Probably the only promising player.
I think sydney will struggle to break through qualifying.
He might win 2 matches but not 3 in USA draws.
I'm afraid he'll have to travel to weaker tournament draws overseas to get a point.
He should give himself 3-4 years to break top 250? or call it quits.

equinox
07-28-2006, 09:38 AM
You don't need too apologise sydney, i'm sure you get all that cheap gear because you deserve it and will provide quality exposure for babolat.

SydneyJim
07-28-2006, 10:17 AM
lol, i noticed he played timmy too. Probably the only promising player.
I think sydney will struggle to break through qualifying.
He might win 2 matches but not 3 in USA draws.
I'm afraid he'll have to travel to weaker tournament draws overseas to get a point.
He should give himself 3-4 years to break top 250? or call it quits.

timmy isn't all that great, don't get me wrong, he's a good player... but not unbeatable, i just choked playing on center court, i had over 50 unforced errors that much, not to mention i didn't hit more than 5 backhands in the court... haven't played anyone that competitive in 5 years. it's going to take me a little to get used to it again. Many people say that you have to travel overseas... i mean yeah it's easier, but i just got to get used to the competitive edge again before i can really start winning period. i can probably beat anyone on the practice court, but in a match it's much different... we'll see how this week goes

chrisplchs
07-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Sydney, I don't think anybody here has ever seen you play, except for me when I saw you rallying with a lefty white guy at the indoors in westwood (ahh remember that place). Just bust your butt and I am sure you will be fine. I am surprised you left Rice... you should of just pulled a Phil King and sit out a year at Duke while recovering from injury/tired/burnout and then come back

Did you get my email?

SydneyJim
07-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Sydney, I don't think anybody here has ever seen you play, except for me when I saw you rallying with a lefty white guy at the indoors in westwood (ahh remember that place). Just bust your butt and I am sure you will be fine. I am surprised you left Rice... you should of just pulled a Phil King and sit out a year at Duke while recovering from injury/tired/burnout and then come back

Did you get my email?

no? it's all good i know they haven't seen me play so i'm not bothered by it. send me your email again.

btw i won my first round qualies match 6-0, 6-0

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=111779

oldguysrule
07-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Congrats on the win...

Did you ever run into Baylor players Becker or Dorscht when you were at Rice? How did you do?

SydneyJim
07-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Congrats on the win...

Did you ever run into Baylor players Becker or Dorscht when you were at Rice? How did you do?

don't remember

tennis4losers
07-31-2006, 11:08 PM
One of my coach's former student who keeps in touch with us headed over to get his first pro point out in South Korea. It may be a bit spendy but you never know. I will look forward with your future tournaments. Post Pics of what the locker rooms are like at the US OPEN. BUt that will take some time I guess

Pr0DiGy
08-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Congrats on the sponsorship and match win, sydney.

but id like to ask, how did you get sponsered? what did you have to do? Im 13 right now, and i really hope i can get something like your deal with babolat when i get older. can you tell me all about these sposorships, and if you know about them, the ones in high school and college? Thanks, i would love to hear from you

Freedom
08-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Congratulations on everything SydneyJim. Best of luck!