PDA

View Full Version : I finally figured out why some people hate Nadal

The Pusher Terminator
07-30-2006, 09:09 AM
I finally figured out why some people hate Nadal.

People pick their idols based on qualities that they admire the most, Fed portrays the image of a smooth player who just has all the shots.

Nadal on the otherhand portrays the image of a pusher....and many people on this board have been frustrated and beaten by pushers. Being the "pusher terminator" I can easily empathize.

Howerever image is NOT everything. Although Nadal is fast ......l he is far from a pusher!

First of all Nadals strokes are uncoventional and his topspin is huge! Not only does the ball jump very high but he is able to hit out and out winners!

Secondly , Nadal has developed an awesome slice backhand , which gives him both penetrating shots and awesome drop shots.

Thirdly, this dude can play the net. He has great hands and actually came to the net more often than Fed did in the Wimby final.

Finally, although his serve spped is not great...his placement has improved. Until the final I do not believe that he was broken...or very rarely broken.

Therefore you guys need to stop lumping Nadal in th goup of pusher...he does and can attack very often!

Breaker
07-30-2006, 09:11 AM
No pro is a pusher and I think any sane person knows that.

Turning Pro
07-30-2006, 09:13 AM
He hits a hell of a lot of 'given no pace' winners for a pusher then.

cricri
07-30-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't like him because of people like you. It's one thing to like a player and praise him and it's another to shove him down people's throat everytime.

Buuurnz
07-30-2006, 09:32 AM
def not the reason y people dislike nadal!
Probably more because his cheerings after some points and stuff like that!

tarheels2323
07-30-2006, 09:34 AM

Exactly. Nobody in their right mind should view Nadal, or any other pro, as a pusher. Pushers don't advance beyond the 4.0 level (if that).

The Pusher Terminator
07-30-2006, 09:36 AM
He hits a hell of a lot of 'given no pace' winners for a pusher then.

Im not quite sure what you are saying. Do you think that Nadal hots with no pace? He actually hit the crap out of the ball.

Breaker
07-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Im not quite sure what you are saying. Do you think that Nadal hots with no pace? He actually hit the crap out of the ball.

No, he is saying that Nadal can hit winners off of no pace, essentially agreeing with you, might be a new feeling.

Zeph
07-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Him being a pusher is not even close to being one of the reasons why i hate him... your wrong about why people hate Nadal.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 09:54 AM
wtf is a pusher???

Breaker
07-30-2006, 09:57 AM
wtf is a pusher???

Go to tennis tips and you will find a ton of threads on what a pusher is. But anyway, a pusher is pretty much a player (usually only can go as high as around 4.0 before topping out or being forced to change their playing style) who just puts the ball in play consistantly with no pace waiting for the opponent to make an error.

brucie
07-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Nadal is no pusher this topic has come before, nobody hates Nadal as such, not even federer!

Its just at the end of the day Fed is clearly a greater all round player.

I seldom reply to these threads they are stupid and repetitive but felt the need to clarify that another theory is required.

The real reason for Nadals (unapparent to me) unpopularity is most are fed up with Nadal Fed threads and dismiss Nadal quickly NADAL nad FED alike hav many fans I am both players fans.

PLEASE "PUSHER TERMINATOR" QUIT NADAL VS. FED THREADS , it makes you seem like an annoying simple member, I am sure you are not, however such thread starting has the ability to bring out the worst in a person.

Max G.
07-30-2006, 10:01 AM
No, people hate Nadal because he wins everything... same with Federer... dominance breeds resentment ;) or at leat that's how I see it.

Doesn't really matter much to me - I don't care too much either way for a lot of the top players. Don't hate, don't adore, the tennis world moves on ;)

Dan007
07-30-2006, 10:03 AM
How the hell can he be a pusher, when he rips winners all the time?

Mick
07-30-2006, 10:06 AM
without Nadal, Federer probably would win all the grandslam tournaments. There would be less competition, suspense, and excitement in men's tennis.

Shabazza
07-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Aha, Pusher you're pushing it, really! :rolleyes:

The Pusher Terminator
07-30-2006, 10:38 AM
wtf is a pusher???

a pusher is exactly what it sounds like. Its someone who has no strokes and simply "pushes" the ball back into the middle of the court. This players strengths is his speed ...he just keeps chasing everything down until you finally make a mistake. In the end it takes way more effort and concentration to hit the ball back at high speed over and over again...as oppsed to the pusher who merely runs everything down and merely "pushes" a meatball back smack in the middle of the court.

I am very familar with this type of player and I have dedicated my tennis life to terminating them. On the strategy on how to do that is best saved for another string.

The point is that people HATE pushers...and people equate Nadal as a pusher or at best a counter puncher.

But they are wrong!! Nadal can play the net VERY well. He also hits HUGE ground strokes for pure winners and has a great slice. He is very different than the pushers or counterpunchers that amateur players have come to hate.

Although Nadal is FAST as HELL and can retrieve almost anything...he also can do quite a bit with the tennis ball. This is what people overlook. Since Nadal is sooo fast people overlook the rest of his game.

Breaker
07-30-2006, 10:46 AM
I disagree that his groundies are huge. Someone like Gonzo's groundies are huge, Nadal has very heavy groundies and doesn't get aggressive until he gets a short ball, which is why he is lumped into the "counterpuncher" category most often.

Mick
07-30-2006, 10:49 AM

I don't know if you have seen the Czech player Miloslav Mecir played (now retired) but he played like pusher. He would hit the ball very soft with great depth for about 4 or 5 strokes and suddenly he would flatten it out and end the point. Wilander, Nystrom, Edberg hated playing him because their topspin strokes would fit right into his game and they all had a losing record against him.

Breaker
07-30-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't know if you have seen the Czech player Miloslav Mecir played (now retired) but he played like pusher. He would hit the ball very soft with great depth for about 4 or 5 strokes and suddenly he would flatten it out and end the point. Wilander, Nystrom, Edberg hated playing him because their topspin strokes would fit right into his game and they all had a losing record against him.

Never heard of him but he sounds like a guy who liked to pick and choose when he could get aggressive, deep soft balls are often the hardest to attack and they probably resulted in some good openings for Mecir to be able to attack. Of course, you've seen him play and I haven't so I'll take your word for it, but the general idea about pushers is that they don't really have that flat shot to end the point with like this Mecir did.

framebreaker
07-30-2006, 10:54 AM

People pick their idols based on qualities that they admire the most, Fed portrays the image of a smooth player who just has all the shots.

Nadal on the otherhand portrays the image of a pusher....and many people on this board have been frustrated and beaten by pushers. Being the "pusher terminator" I can easily empathize.

Howerever image is NOT everything. Although Nadal is fast ......l he is far from a pusher!

First of all Nadals strokes are uncoventional and his topspin is huge! Not only does the ball jump very high but he is able to hit out and out winners!

Secondly , Nadal has developed an awesome slice backhand , which gives him both penetrating shots and awesome drop shots.

Thirdly, this dude can play the net. He has great hands and actually came to the net more often than Fed did in the Wimby final.

Finally, although his serve spped is not great...his placement has improved. Until the final I do not believe that he was broken...or very rarely broken.

Therefore you guys need to stop lumping Nadal in th goup of pusher...he does and can attack very often!

The reason why people hate or dislike Nadal is because of his modern, untraditional, unorthodox style.
And since most tennis fans come from upper middle class families they tend to be more traditional and more conservative than liberal.
Fed, on the other hand embodies the traditional and conservative game.
yeah, i am good!

The ball was in
07-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Never heard of him but he sounds like a guy who liked to pick and choose when he could get aggressive, deep soft balls are often the hardest to attack and they probably resulted in some good openings for Mecir to be able to attack. Of course, you've seen him play and I haven't so I'll take your word for it, but the general idea about pushers is that they don't really have that flat shot to end the point with like this Mecir did.

If I am not mistaken....the only Mecir I can remember made the Wimbledon final one year i think....during the 80's....i could be mistaken and someone may prove me wrong...also if memory serves me correctly it looked as tho he had a stiff back....by that I mean that he was very upright (still bent his knees) but his back was pretty much always vertical

Swissv2
07-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Nadal is not a pusher, but you are really pushy.

Volly master
07-30-2006, 11:33 AM
unless your name is brad gilbert, ur not a pusher.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 11:38 AM
a pusher is exactly what it sounds like. Its someone who has no strokes and simply "pushes" the ball back into the middle of the court. This players strengths is his speed ...he just keeps chasing everything down until you finally make a mistake. In the end it takes way more effort and concentration to hit the ball back at high speed over and over again...as oppsed to the pusher who merely runs everything down and merely "pushes" a meatball back smack in the middle of the court.

I am very familar with this type of player and I have dedicated my tennis life to terminating them. On the strategy on how to do that is best saved for another string.

The point is that people HATE pushers...and people equate Nadal as a pusher or at best a counter puncher.

But they are wrong!! Nadal can play the net VERY well. He also hits HUGE ground strokes for pure winners and has a great slice. He is very different than the pushers or counterpunchers that amateur players have come to hate.

Although Nadal is FAST as HELL and can retrieve almost anything...he also can do quite a bit with the tennis ball. This is what people overlook. Since Nadal is sooo fast people overlook the rest of his game.

first of all when this a pusher nadal is not one

I don't hate nadal just his fans and his fake respect for players as his bad sportsmanship

nadal as a player is pretty cool but as a said the rest.....

Mick
07-30-2006, 11:42 AM

Here's a video clip of Mecir playing against Lendl.

Notice how soft his strokes were, compared to other top players.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7062181120118369803

callitout
07-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Well said. This board has lots of insane people.

fastdunn
07-30-2006, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the clip.

He is best known for his cat-like effortless footwork.
His nickname was big cat.

Whenever people talk about effortless, silk smooth athletic footwork,
they refer to the name Mecir. Kucera and Sampras' foot work
often compared to his.

Shabazza
07-30-2006, 11:58 AM

Are you really implying that Mecir was a pusher?? Go to your local tennis club you'll probably find 1, but not on the pro-tour!

Breaker
07-30-2006, 12:00 PM

My comp won't play the video for some reason :neutral: and I can't find any other vids where his groundies are featured, just some of him getting aced by Lendl. Was he a defensive baseliner or just a guy who stood in the middle of the court using these shots? Maybe in comparison to other pros he seemed like a pusher because of the soft shots? Either way deep shots can be just as effective as hard shots to the service line if played right, which seems to be the description of Mecir's game, I could be wrong though.

127mph
07-30-2006, 12:01 PM
i am partial to nadal, pusher terminator for these reasons. he disrupted my chance to see someone win four majors in a row and possibly six majors in a row. for this i am partial to nadal and prefer federer. hope that helps

The ball was in
07-30-2006, 12:04 PM

When you say his strokes are soft...do you mean lack of pace? Looking at his strokes he is keeping a good length and like another post said....he then flattens out the stroke and gets the winner....the strokes may seem soft as it appears as though no effort is being put into it...i wish my groundstrokes were like that :mrgreen:

To me it looks as though he was very cool and calculated...picked the right moment

Mick
07-30-2006, 12:10 PM
My comp won't play the video for some reason :neutral: and I can't find any other vids where his groundies are featured, just some of him getting aced by Lendl. Was he a defensive baseliner or just a guy who stood in the middle of the court using these shots? Maybe in comparison to other pros he seemed like a pusher because of the soft shots? Either way deep shots can be just as effective as hard shots to the service line if played right, which seems to be the description of Mecir's game, I could be wrong though.

John Newcomb said Mecir's strategy was to put his opponents to sleep by hitting soft groundies before putting the ball away :)

he would hit the groundies left and right and when his opponent was out of position, he would flatten his stroke and end the point.

fastdunn is right. Mecir foot speed was incredible and he never seemed rushed.

!Tym
07-30-2006, 12:13 PM
The real reason is becuase there is an underlying prejudice in tennis among purists and traditionalists that only classic or more traditional stroke techniques requres real talent to hit.

The reality is that if you had two twins raised in different countries under different conditions, and one was taught the new-fangled western topspin technique and the other traditional, flat, through the court technique; GUARANTEED almost everyone would be saying oh that twin with the classical technique is so much more talented than that no good pusher.

The fact is, for some reason people don't think it takes as much talent to hit the EXTREME topspin that a guy like Nadal does, and yet when I go to the rec courts I don't see very many people who would be able to come even remotely close to putting that kind of work on the ball. to hit that degree of topspin when facing *pro level pace* especially, requires radical racket head speed AND hand-eye coordination, otherwise you would be seeing shank after shank after shank which you don't see.

Mick
07-30-2006, 12:14 PM
When you say his strokes are soft...do you mean lack of pace? Looking at his strokes he is keeping a good length and like another post said....he then flattens out the stroke and gets the winner....the strokes may seem soft as it appears as though no effort is being put into it...i wish my groundstrokes were like that :mrgreen:

To me it looks as though he was very cool and calculated...picked the right moment

yep. the lack of pace, compared to other top tennis pros. In my view, he played like a pusher before the final stroke when he finished the point.

The ball was in
07-30-2006, 12:25 PM
yep. the lack of pace, compared to other top tennis pros. In my view, he played like a pusher before the final stroke when he finished the point.

It may be a touch harsh to call him a pusher...but I can see where you are coming from though...it would frustrate the hell out of me....but hey, if it wins you matches and titles then so be it :mrgreen:

Mick
07-30-2006, 12:31 PM
It may be a touch harsh to call him a pusher...but I can see where you are coming from though...it would frustrate the hell out of me....but hey, if it wins you matches and titles then so be it :mrgreen:
haha. Talking about frustration. Look at the expressions on Lendl's face in that clip. He was so ticked off !!!

edberg505
07-30-2006, 12:32 PM

Actually for me you hit the nail right on the head. Although I would call his game more of a counterpuncher. I just don't like his hit everything with a 4ft clearance above the net forehand. While agree with you that his net game has improved I think you are giving him way too much credit on his slice backhand. I wouldn't call it awesome. For instance how many times do you see him slice against James Blake. Against the right player shot maker and heavy hitter, that shot will get him into loads of trouble. But it seems like that every parent is teaching their kid this full western grip and use the damn babolat racquet mentality. This whole cookie cutter thing for juniors is just kinda sad to see.

Slice Approach
07-30-2006, 12:46 PM
The only thing he has in common with a pusher is the way he tries to get into his opponent's head by doing that "jumping fist-pump vamos" thing kind of like Hewitt yelling "C'mon" at key points in the match. Also the jumping up and down and running to the baseline, pirate pants, etc. Some people may like that kind of enthusiasm while others do not.

Another reason may be that he is winning against R. Fed and has become an obstacle to Fed becoming the undisputed best ever. His tennis game, however, doesn't resemble a pusher in any way, shape, or form. I believe it is an interesting contrast to Federer's more traditional style and makes for an exciting match between the two.

Kind of reminds me a little of the McEnroe/Borg rivalry. Not exactly of course, but because of the contrasting styles and personalities.

skip1969
07-30-2006, 02:24 PM
honestly, push . . . what does it matter that some people don't like nadal. i'm sure even HE doesn't care. even the most wonderful, likeable person in the entire world must know that somewhere out there, there is someone who doesn't like him/her . . . for whatever reason.

there are some people who don't like me. there are some people who don't like you, pusher. there are people who don't like our moms, our dads. some who don't like the president of the free world, the pope, GOD . . .

so . . . why should nadal be any different?

some people don't like nadal. accept it. it's no big deal. don't overanalyze it.

The Pusher Terminator
07-30-2006, 04:15 PM
The reason why people hate or dislike Nadal is because of his modern, untraditional, unorthodox style.
And since most tennis fans come from upper middle class families they tend to be more traditional and more conservative than liberal.
Fed, on the other hand embodies the traditional and conservative game.
yeah, i am good!

Yeah you are good!! That was a really deep statement. great insight!! I guess the Nadal vs Fed battle is really a microcosm of the Wild Rebels vs. The conservative establishment. I will always be a rebel!!!

You can even take it deeper...nadal has pirate pants, is dark skinned, yells Vamos.....while Federe is classic European, mild mannered, conservative clasic strokes. Its the same old story...Borg vs. Mcenroe or Jimmy Connors vs. Arthur Ashe. The faces change but its still the Rebels vs. the establishment!

On another note, I think the closest thing to a pusher on the tour would have to be Fabrice Santoro....he's more like a junk baller...but it is very similar to a pushers style. But make no mistake...Santoro is awesome!!!

superman1
07-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah, Nadal is such a pusher, he just uses those huge biceps and pushes the ball back for winners. Such a cheap way of winning. :rolleyes:

Nadal is an unlikeable guy to most fans for some reason. I guess it's because he never misses, he never shows any flaws. It's annoying to see someone hit a great shot and then see Nadal sprint to it and hit a winner off of it. He makes tennis more about athleticism than about brains and many people just don't dig that. He has enormous talent, but face it, he works very hard for every point. There's nothing smart about that. But he can do it because he's a tremendous athlete.

cricri
07-30-2006, 05:20 PM
honestly, push . . . what does it matter that some people don't like nadal. i'm sure even HE doesn't care. even the most wonderful, likeable person in the entire world must know that somewhere out there, there is someone who doesn't like him/her . . . for whatever reason.

there are some people who don't like me. there are some people who don't like you, pusher. there are people who don't like our moms, our dads. some who don't like the president of the free world, the pope, GOD . . .

so . . . why should nadal be any different?

some people don't like nadal. accept it. it's no big deal. don't overanalyze it.

I couldn't have said that any better.

FEDEXP
07-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, there is just one pusher on this board and he is known as Pusher Terminator.

helloworld
07-30-2006, 10:42 PM
The reason some tennis fans don't like Nadal is mainly because of the way he dress and act on the court. Tennis is a gentleman and classic sport. A lot of tennis fans are middle to upper class people like golf. Imagine if someone wears a pirate pants in the PGA tournament. How would people react ?

Fedexeon
07-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I know why certain people hate Nadal. Because he got some fans who are so irritating like The Pusher Terminator =)

Of cuz, i dun hate Nadal eventhough i like Federer. Nadal is just another great player in my eyes.

Rataplan
07-31-2006, 12:39 AM
He makes tennis more about athleticism than about brains and many people just don't dig that. He has enormous talent, but face it, he works very hard for every point. There's nothing smart about that. But he can do it because he's a tremendous athlete.
He puts the emphasis on athleticism and indeed, there's a lot he can do because he's such a great athlete. I agree with that but I disagree that there's nothing smart about his game (if that is what you are hinting at...feel free to correct me if I'm misunderstanding your post) and that it's merely physical.

There's a reason why many experts out there are saying that he has a very sharp head on his shoulders.

Marat Safinator
07-31-2006, 09:26 AM
no I hate nadal cause he is arrogant.

The Pusher Terminator
07-31-2006, 01:37 PM
no I hate nadal cause he is arrogant.

you can say a lot of things about nadal but he is far from arrogant. He is one of the most humble players you will ever meet. Roger however is completely arrogant.

Image is NOT everything. You have to look at what these players actually say before making such a judgement. if you have ever red their quotes you be shocked to learn that Roger is completely arrogant while nadal is so respectful of Roger and everyone that it hurts.

Marat Safinator
07-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Nadal is arrogant from the way he jumps around the court, fist pumping every point he wins, wasting time, this is what makes him arrogant and rude.

The Pusher Terminator
07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Nadal is arrogant from the way he jumps around the court, fist pumping every point he wins, wasting time, this is what makes him arrogant and rude.

Oh now I see. Then you also hate Jimmy Connors, Hewit, John Mcenroe, Monfils....instead you like a guy named Safin who pulls his pants off in public and throws racquets around like an insane person. Now I get it.

darkdreaming
07-31-2006, 06:44 PM
hmmm ..funny i never disliked Nadal but ..i know who i dislike most ...i dislike most a fellow that goes by the alias of The Pusher Terminator ..everytime i come in here he s annoying the hell out of me Nadal this ..Nadal that ...gosh why doesnt he simply go meet Nadal and declare his love , or her love ... im sure Nadal can do with one more biatch ... about Nadal he is an excelent player who has got room to become a great player , awesome game , awesome heart ...may not last more than 4 years at the top as his tennis is way too reliant on his athleticism and his heart ( fighting spirit ) i see an injuries or a burn out but while it last i shall be thoroughly enjoying his tennis ....now in regard to Federer his interviews are just that reply to questions asked ...i dont think he is as humble as Nadal seems to be still i do believe that the truth is out there amongst the professional and they all seem to be saying that Mr Federer is a nice chap ...so i hardly see how folks who hardly interact with him would be devot enough to come and basically states " i ve never spoken to him or met him and i ve heard of many who have and they all keep saying that the chap is not arrogant but i choose to believe otherwise those folks are either stupid are dont know arrogance when it stares them in the eyes , cuz i who have never interacted with him know better this guy is arrogant "to me that is of itself a pretty arrogant statement !!
basically i dont like you The Pusher Terminator , you annoy the hell out of me , your lust for Nadal would be mildly irritating me if it were not for your incessant Pro Nadal blabbering ...gosh ..why dont you go out there and get laid ...and if you already do ..i advice you to get a new fudge buddy cuz obviously ..this one is not working for you hmm i forgot you might be a teenager then it cant be help i and other shall continue to suffer through your pro Nadal blabbering .
and yes you are absolutely right Nadal is an awesome player .

that was my two penny worth .

ps :by the way i saw Miroslave Mecir ..the guy was no pusher , just a cold killer that picked his time .his backhand was one of the best at the time , and his forehand was highly deceptive , it was just that he was so effortless , hardly possible to tell by his swing if he blasted the ball or simply placed it ..
a great player ....who did not last .

The Pusher Terminator
07-31-2006, 09:14 PM
basically i dont like you The Pusher Terminator , you annoy the hell out of me .

Who the hell forced you to not only read my posts but to respond to them?

darkdreaming
07-31-2006, 10:22 PM
who the hell made you to assume that somehow to find someone annoying means that one needs to be forced to either read or respond to the annoying party posts , that is in part exactly that very deed that makes them annoying the frustration at knowing that somehow you ve stooped to their level by failing to not read and not respond to their post. Granted in your case it would be a koan such as when nobody on the net reads your posts , are you still annoying ? i would wager that you are....oh well my annoying Sir, to read , be annoyed and then tell the tale that is my prerogative (as yours is to keep on posting or not )...that may make me stupid or a compulsive post reader and it still doesnt negate the fact that i do find your Nadal lust unsufferably annoying ...see your blabber about Nadal , plus my compulsive post reading the mix is what makes you to my eyes annoying if only they had a category "annoyingly in love with players post in here be warned and enter at your own risk ", sadly they dont then i ve accepted my fate and shall keep getting annoyed till you either fall out of love or Nadal retires or stop performing i reckon a few years ...i think i may muster enough stoicism, but poor boyfriend of yours...truly i pity him .

The Pusher Terminator
08-01-2006, 04:36 AM
who the hell made you to assume that somehow to find someone annoying means that one needs to be forced to either read or respond to the annoying party posts , that is in part exactly that very deed that makes them annoying the frustration at knowing that somehow you ve stooped to their level by failing to not read and not respond to their post. Granted in your case it would be a koan such as when nobody on the net reads your posts , are you still annoying ? i would wager that you are....oh well my annoying Sir, to read , be annoyed and then tell the tale that is my prerogative (as yours is to keep on posting or not )...that may make me stupid or a compulsive post reader and it still doesnt negate the fact that i do find your Nadal lust unsufferably annoying ...see your blabber about Nadal , plus my compulsive post reading the mix is what makes you to my eyes annoying if only they had a category "annoyingly in love with players post in here be warned and enter at your own risk ", sadly they dont then i ve accepted my fate and shall keep getting annoyed till you either fall out of love or Nadal retires or stop performing i reckon a few years ...i think i may muster enough stoicism, but poor boyfriend of yours...truly i pity him .

????.... I think you have gone mad my dear friend. Give this man some prozac. This is an example of what happens when my opponents are vanquished. They are beaten so soundly that they simply go off the deep end. Its quite sad.

darkdreaming
08-01-2006, 10:56 PM
wow .. im his opponent , i m vanquished ....beaten so soundly ..go off the deep end .....truly sad .
one i really dont consider you an opponent of mine , in what ..tennis ? zeal ? my finding you dislikable and annoying makes me your opponent , you are a pretty simple minded fellow , arent you ?
now im quietly going to go off deep in my madness.

The Pusher Terminator
08-02-2006, 06:08 AM
now im quietly going to go off deep in my madness.

bye.

framebreaker
08-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah you are good!! That was a really deep statement. great insight!! I guess the Nadal vs Fed battle is really a microcosm of the Wild Rebels vs. The conservative establishment. I will always be a rebel!!!

You can even take it deeper...nadal has pirate pants, is dark skinned, yells Vamos.....while Federe is classic European, mild mannered, conservative clasic strokes. Its the same old story...Borg vs. Mcenroe or Jimmy Connors vs. Arthur Ashe. The faces change but its still the Rebels vs. the establishment!

On another note, I think the closest thing to a pusher on the tour would have to be Fabrice Santoro....he's more like a junk baller...but it is very similar to a pushers style. But make no mistake...Santoro is awesome!!!
well, thank you