PDA

View Full Version : why does nadal always say no? when he ends a sentence in english!?!

Shamo
07-30-2006, 05:23 PM
am I the only one who's driven nuts by that???

why does he always say that and more important why can't he stop!?!

someone should slap him or somethin when he says that after every sentence in english

what do think?

Rob the Tennis Player
07-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Its part of the Spanish language.

In spanish, you say something like EX. (Roger es inteligente. No?) .. meaning Roger is smart right?

more or less he's asking if they agree. if its correct

the reason he says it is because Rafael native tongue is spanish, and its just part of the language. why does it matter anyway?

Matthew
07-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Congrats on being ignorant of other countries and language!

arnz
07-30-2006, 05:36 PM

You dont have to listen to him, you can turn the TV off. Easy, no?

Shamo
07-30-2006, 05:36 PM
why does it matter anyway?

because it's freaking annoying and like you said in spanish it's ok, but in english it just sounds horrible! when he really would care about learning english he would stop with that language **** and I never heard any spanish player using it so damn often like him

Hartzy
07-30-2006, 05:38 PM
He'll stop when Blake or Roddick start interviewing in Spanish.

arnz
07-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Please, if any TV or sports personality annoys you or bothers you, you have a right to turn them off. Example, I happen to not like Britney Spears, so I dont listen to her music, when she comes on TV, I change channels.

Hint : I dont go around telling people that she annoys me.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Congrats on being ignorant of other countries and language!
what does this have to do with ignorance??? :confused:

Alexandros
07-30-2006, 05:44 PM
I like the idea of choosing not to listen to him. Are you such a masochist that you continue to subject yourself to something that you clearly don't like?

dmastous
07-30-2006, 05:46 PM
It's fairly common in both Spanish and French.

tarheels2323
07-30-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm actually just impressed by his ability to speak another language fluently (of course not as impressed as I am by Roger and his 15 different languages).

arnz
07-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Wow, does Roger really speak 15 languages? Thats quite an accomplishment.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Please, if any TV or sports personality annoys you or bothers you, you have a right to turn them off. Example, I happen to not like Britney Spears, so I dont listen to her music, when she comes on TV, I change channels.

Hint : I dont go around telling people that she annoys me.

the main point of my tread was to know the opnions of other people on this matter, so when you have one say it and else don't act like a smart.a.s.s;)

Shamo
07-30-2006, 05:52 PM
It's fairly common in both Spanish and French.

not french, I talk french and no one does that

arnz
07-30-2006, 05:52 PM
You asked for an opinion, and mine is for you to stop crying like a baby about it ;)

dmastous
07-30-2006, 05:53 PM
I've seen and heard it. But maybe it's not as common as I thought.
I realise it's common and there is nothing meant by it. But it does come off as being a bit arrogant to me. It sounds like he's answering the question and then when he says "no?" it's like he's saying "duh, you should already know that." But, that's just an impression, not what he means.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I like the idea of choosing not to listen to him. Are you such a masochist that you continue to subject yourself to something that you clearly don't like?

what's the matter??? I just want a opinon not a attack on my person

really these fanboy nowdays:confused:

Alexandros
07-30-2006, 05:57 PM

I think it's more like between 5-7. Still remarkable, but definitely not 15.

arnz
07-30-2006, 05:58 PM
LOL...yes he called you names like masochist, because you choose to listen to something you're annoyed by. Horrible attack on your "person?" LMAO

cricri
07-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Give the guy a break. English is not his native language. By the way i m not one of his fan.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 06:03 PM
You asked for an opinion, and mine is for you to stop crying like a baby about it ;)

you didn't gave a clear opinion,

the only thing you did was trying to sound cool by dropping some lines about how unnecessary my tread is instead of simple ignoring it;)

Alexandros
07-30-2006, 06:04 PM
mas·och·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ms-kzm)
n.
1. The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
3. A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.

So basically:
1) You clearly don't like the way Nadal says 'no' at the end of each sentence.
2) Yet you still listen to his interviews.
3) You are a masochist!

arnz
07-30-2006, 06:06 PM
You know you make so many mistakes in English grammar, so I've decided to ignore you. Now I even sound cooler :)

dmastous
07-30-2006, 06:08 PM
you didn't gave a clear opinion,

the only thing you did was trying to sound cool by dropping some lines about how unnecessary my tread is instead of simple ignoring it;)
Which is kind of funny. He's telling you to ignore Nadal's saying 'No' at the end of questions because it bothers you, but your thread is annoying to him, and he's reading and posting in it anyway.
Glass houses people. ;)

cricri
07-30-2006, 06:10 PM
You know you make so many mistakes in English grammar, so I've decided to ignore you. Now I even sound cooler :)

You would think that someone, who criticizes a person for not speaking properly, could write without making any mistakes.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 06:14 PM
LOL...yes he called you names like masochist, because you choose to listen to something you're annoyed by. Horrible attack on your "person?" LMAO

I don't know about you but I don't like being called masochist by a person on the net I don't know but in your case I see everyone seems to have his own litte fetish;)

Breaker
07-30-2006, 06:18 PM
GRAMMAR CONTEST! Let's get Nadal and Shamo into a game show where they must answer questions in the other's native tongue! I'm putting my money on Nadal in this one any takers? ;)

TennisProPaul
07-30-2006, 06:24 PM
because it's freaking annoying and like you said in spanish it's ok, but in english it just sounds horrible! when he really would care about learning english he would stop with that language **** and I never heard any spanish player using it so damn often like him

Dont you know soon spanish will be the main language in America.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 06:30 PM
mas·och·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ms-kzm)
n.
1. The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
3. A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.

So basically:
1) You clearly don't like the way Nadal says 'no' at the end of each sentence.
2) Yet you still listen to his interviews.
3) You are a masochist!

you know what? what you say would really make sense, if in fact a would listen to his interviews regulary but i just heard once one and it annoyed me and after that never again but it didn't change the fact that I wanted to know if the poeple here think the same not if you think I'am a masochist;)

Shamo
07-30-2006, 06:33 PM
GRAMMAR CONTEST! Let's get Nadal and Shamo into a game show where they must answer questions in the other's native tongue! I'm putting my money on Nadal in this one any takers? ;)

english isn't my native language german and cabil are

Shamo
07-30-2006, 06:37 PM
You would think that someone, who criticizes a person for not speaking properly, could write without making any mistakes.

why that??? I never said I don't make mistakes but what nadal does is not just a "mistake" it's clear that he knows it's wrong and he doesn't want to change it

Shamo
07-30-2006, 06:44 PM
You dont have to listen to him, you can turn the TV off. Easy, no?

who says I listen to it?????:confused:

cricri
07-30-2006, 06:44 PM
why that??? I never said I don't make mistakes but what nadal does is not just a "mistake" it's clear that he knows it's wrong and he doesn't want to change it

Because english is not his native language. The more he'll speak, the better he'll become. Cut the guy some slack. Speaking a different language is not that easy. And how do u know that someone told him not to do that.

tarheels2323
07-30-2006, 06:50 PM

Actually, I think I remember reading on CNN.com a couple weeks ago that a bill was passed into law dictating english as the official language of the United States. I may, however, have dreamed this up in the hope that it will happen.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Because english is not his native language. The more he'll speak, the better he'll become. Cut the guy some slack. Speaking a different language is not that easy. And how do u know that someone told him not to do that.

because if he's learning english like he said he is he should at least figured out by now that it's not commen to say no? after each sentence you say

oscar_2424
07-30-2006, 06:59 PM

someone should slap him or somethin when he says that after every sentence in english

what do think?
why dont you grow up

Shamo
07-30-2006, 07:04 PM
why dont you grow up

why don't you grow up and stop posting one liners that are A not smart B not funny

pmata814
07-30-2006, 07:06 PM

Actually... in an interview, on the tennis channel, he said he spoke 3 languages.

cricri
07-30-2006, 07:17 PM
because if he's learning english like he said he is he should at least figured out by now that it's not commen to say no? after each sentence you say

I have been here in the states for 3 years going 4, and i still make many mistakes when i speak. Like you said, he is still learning. So get over it.

Tennis_Monk
07-30-2006, 07:20 PM
I like Nadal. I dont know spanish and wouldnt have understood what he says if he doesnt use English. I appreciate any person making an effort to communicate to people in other language. As some person mentioned earlier, Roger is awesome with so many languages.

Nadal or Roger didnt have to speak in anything other than their mother tongue. Having knowledge of multiple languages is a skill and it shows that they arent just flukes.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 07:21 PM
I have been here in the states for 3 years going 4, and i still make many mistakes when i speak. Like you said, he is still learning. So get over it.

I also make many mistakes but not the same over and over again

cricri
07-30-2006, 07:23 PM
I also make many mistakes but not the same over and over again???

So what? You are you and Nadal is different from you. You don't make the same mistakes, good for you. You should be thankful that he tries to speak english or a different language. Just drop it.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I like Nadal. I dont know spanish and wouldnt have understood what he says if he doesnt use English. I appreciate any person making an effort to communicate to people in other language. As some person mentioned earlier, Roger is awesome with so many languages.

Nadal or Roger didnt have to speak in anything other than their mother tongue. Having knowledge of multiple languages is a skill and it shows that they arent just flukes.

what roger does is a skill but nadal...:confused:

Shamo
07-30-2006, 07:26 PM
So what? You are you and Nadal is different from you. You don't make the same mistakes, good for you. You should be thankful that he tries to speak english or a different language. Just drop it.

chill, why are so angry;)

Breaker
07-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Nadal has only been learning english for roughly 3 years, cut the guy some slack he won't become an english grammar professor overnight, he's trying the best he can and I respect him for that.

cricri
07-30-2006, 07:29 PM
chill, why are so angry;)

Because i think that you are barking at the wrong tree. You are arguing for the sake of argument. Anyway this is my last answer on this

BabolatFan
07-30-2006, 07:33 PM
the main point of my tread was to know the opnions of other people on this matter, so when you have one say it and else don't act like a smart.a.s.s;)

Oh yeah work on your spelling and grammar too while you're at it. :rolleyes:

TrueAce
07-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Shamo I bet Nadal would be annoyed stepping on the court with you seeing that you'd be wasting his time. Actually he'd probably feel sorry for you and cut you some slack. Him saying no is probably a bad habit thats translated over from his native language. I would think using common sense this would be clearly obvious.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh yeah work on your spelling and grammar too while you're at it. :rolleyes:
you know some comments lose thier sense when being post to often;)

Shamo
07-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Shamo I bet Nadal would be annoyed stepping on the court with you seeing that you'd be wasting his time. Actually he'd probably feel sorry for you and cut you some slack. Him saying no is probably a bad habit thats translated over from his native language. I would think using common sense this would be clearly obvious.

and I think this comment was one of a true fanboy;)

TrueAce
07-30-2006, 07:54 PM
lol I'm not sure what your defintion of a fanboy is but I guess your a Nadal hater? I like Fed and Nadal because they're both great players. For some reason you don't like Nadal so your criticizing the way he speaks english when hes just learning. How old are you?

Shamo
07-30-2006, 08:05 PM

yea sure that wasn't fanboy like......:rolleyes:

the last tow sentences of your post wouldn't have been enough o.k:rolleyes:

Shamo
07-30-2006, 08:06 PM

yea sure that wasn't fanboy like......:rolleyes:

the last tow sentences of your post wouldn't have been enough o.k:rolleyes:

TrueAce
07-30-2006, 08:08 PM
what do you mean by fanboy? I'm a fan of him and see that you don't like him so you attack the way he speaks when hes just learning english lol. I guess you invented fanboy?

Swissv2
07-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Shamo, you need to get your booty into the "Rants and Raves" section because this is clearly that. Also, your calling people "fanboys" just because someone says its really not that important the way he speaks, is quite annoying and very child like.

So grow up a bit, yes?

jukka1970
07-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Actually, I think I remember reading on CNN.com a couple weeks ago that a bill was passed into law dictating english as the official language of the United States. I may, however, have dreamed this up in the hope that it will happen.

No you weren't dreaming, it really was passed. I think the main reason it got past was to give the US a dominant language, and would take out the classes that are taught in Spanish (ie science in spanish, history in spanish, etc), but of course would leave the course of Spanish for people to learn a foreign language. Honestly it's about time, every country has a dominant language, though some countries have dominant language in regions of the country.

dmastous
07-30-2006, 08:23 PM
No you weren't dreaming, it really was passed. I think the main reason it got past was to give the US a dominant language, and would take out the classes that are taught in Spanish (ie science in spanish, history in spanish, etc), but of course would leave the course of Spanish for people to learn a foreign language. Honestly it's about time, every country has a dominant language, though some countries have dominant language in regions of the country.
It won't have any effect at all because the schools will continue to do what they do. Ballots are still printed in 20 (just a guess) different languages even though you can't vote unless you are a citizen and you shouldn't be a citizen unless you can speak the local language (which is English as of this date). DMV (or RMV) information is still printed in various languages. All at great cost to the taxpayer.
Anyone who tries to change will find themselves in court. The court system will more than likely find any law that specifies a language to be unconstitutional and strike it down. So the law, if passed, has no teeth and is unsupportable. It's just congress shilling for votes from the patriots.

jukka1970
07-30-2006, 08:25 PM
english isn't my native language german and cabil are

Ok, so if English isn't your native language, then why are you having such a fit over how Nadal chooses to speak his English? Personally, I'm just happy that he tries to speak English for English speaking countries' benefits. By the way in the English language Countries get capitalized unlike in the German language, took German for 4 semesters at college.

The reason people are telling you to work on your grammar, is because you're complaining about the exact same thing except in the spoken text. I mean honestly, do you realize just how idiotic your complaint is, when you turn around and do the exact same thing in the written text?

Jukka

textbook strokes
07-30-2006, 08:28 PM
He has the right to make mistakes, like any foreighner taking his firsts steps in another language no?.
Besides, he is a great player no? ;)

jukka1970
07-30-2006, 08:29 PM
It won't have any effect at all because the schools will continue to do what they do. Ballots are still printed in 20 (just a guess) different languages even though you can't vote unless you are a citizen and you shouldn't be a citizen unless you can speak the local language (which is English as of this date). DMV (or RMV) information is still printed in various languages. All at great cost to the taxpayer.
Anyone who tries to change will find themselves in court. The court system will more than likely find any law that specifies a language to be unconstitutional and strike it down. So the law, if passed, has no teeth and is unsupportable. It's just congress shilling for votes from the patriots.

I think it will stop the classes in the school. As far as the other things, well those things will take time. But things like directions in something you buy will always have many different languages because the product is sold to many different countries.

Not so sure that something that goes to court would fall in favor of having the other language. I mean I understand what you're saying about the courts maybe taking the unconstitutional view, but I'm not so sure that it will be a strong enough case. It really seems to be one of these on the bubble areas, we'll just have to see what comes of it.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 08:29 PM
what do you mean by fanboy? I'm a fan of him and see that you don't like him so you attack the way he speaks when hes just learning english lol. I guess you invented fanboy?

so you say your post wasn't fan like right? so I'm asking you why saying stuff like he would cut me some slack and he feels probably sorry for me, when that has nothing to do with the tread itself:confused:

the last tow sentences of your post would have been enough don't you see it the same way:confused:

TrueAce
07-30-2006, 08:30 PM
I asked Shamo how old he was to see where he was coming from mentally.....

jukka1970
07-30-2006, 08:31 PM
you know some comments lose there sense when being post to often;)

True, unless you're actually complaining about that very thing.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 08:33 PM
True, unless you're actually complaining about that very thing.

if you would read the tread carfully you would know what exactly I am complaining about

TrueAce
07-30-2006, 08:34 PM
uhh didn't you read my post. I said I am a fan...your obviously not a fan so you attack the way he speaks english when hes just learning lol. the reason I said it would be funny to see you on the court with him so he could make fun of you for being inferior on the court as he would do with me if I insulted his english.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Ok, so if English isn't your native language, then why are you having such a fit over how Nadal chooses to speak his English? Personally, I'm just happy that he tries to speak English for English speaking countries' benefits. By the way in the English language Countries get capitalized unlike in the German language, took German for 4 semesters at college.

The reason people are telling you to work on your grammar, is because you're complaining about the exact same thing except in the spoken text. I mean honestly, do you realize just how idiotic your complaint is, when you turn around and do the exact same thing in the written text?

Jukka

again read the post carefully than you know what I am camplaining about

KennyNguyen
07-30-2006, 08:47 PM

I just thought it was kind of funny the i talk french thing yeah sorry :)

jukka1970
07-30-2006, 08:52 PM
if you would read the tread carfully you would know what exactly I am complaining about

"why does nadal always say no? when he ends a sentence in english!?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why does he always say that and more important why can't he stop!?!"

There's your topic, and your posting, between the second set of question marks. Your complaint is over Nadal saying no quite often, when he ends sentences, when speaking english.

And as I said, you're complaining about a spoken grammatical problem, while you are making grammatical mistakes in the written text. I think it's you that needs to reread what everyone else wrote, instead of telling us to reread what you wrote, to understand what you wrote, when we know exactly what you're saying.

Mine telling me what I didn't get right. This is a complaint of his usage of the word no, in the English language, when speaking English. Your native tongue is German. Again, why are you complaining about his use of a word in a non-native tongue, when English isn't your native tongue. And this time try answering the question instead of trying to tell me that I didn't understand what you wrote.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 08:54 PM
I just thought it was kind of funny the i talk french thing yeah sorry :)

why funny???:confused:

jukka1970
07-30-2006, 08:59 PM
why funny???:confused:

because in English it's, "I speak French."

Shamo
07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
"why does nadal always say no? when he ends a sentence in english!?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why does he always say that and more important why can't he stop!?!"

There's your topic, and your posting, between the second set of question marks. Your complaint is over Nadal saying no quite often, when he ends sentences, when speaking english.

And as I said, you're complaining about a spoken grammatical problem, while you are making grammatical mistakes in the written text. I think it's you that needs to reread what everyone else wrote, instead of telling us to reread what you wrote, to understand what you wrote, when we know exactly what you're saying.

Mine telling me what I didn't get right. This is a complaint of his usage of the word no, in the English language, when speaking English. Your native tongue is German. Again, why are you complaining about his use of a word in a non-native tongue, when English isn't your native tongue. And this time try answering the question instead of trying to tell me that I didn't understand what you wrote.

It's not just a complaint about a "mistake", it's clearly a habit that he is aware of when you like a mistake that his doing over and over again being aware of that mistake

like I said read the tread and the posts I made

Shamo
07-30-2006, 09:05 PM
so I don't see it just as a "mistake" but something he doesn't want to change

Shamo
07-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Again, why are you complaining about his use of a word in a non-native tongue, when English isn't your native tongue.

does the fact that it isn't my native language change the fact that it sounds horrible????:confused:

Breaker
07-30-2006, 09:29 PM
What exactly are you going on about? Are you saying you want Nadal to give up on English completely just because he's still learning it? Sounds a lot like that to me.

Andres
07-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Spanish already IS.
America is just more than USA, you know? It's a whole continent.

reytol
07-30-2006, 09:42 PM

what do think?

hmmmm

Breaker
07-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Spanish already IS.
America is just more than USA, you know? It's a whole continent.

Not to mention South America.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 09:43 PM
What exactly are you going on about? Are you saying you want Nadal to give up on English completely just because he's still learning it? Sounds a lot like that to me.

In wich of my posts did it sound like that? I don't want him to give up

listen, the only complaint I have is the no? thing
besides that he makes other mistakes but it doesn't bother me just that no? thing because when he doesn't turn that off every good sentence he makes will
be destroyed by the tone of that no?

Andres
07-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Not to mention South America.
South, Central and North America is part of America.
America it's not just USA.

So, basically, yes, Spanish is the most-spoken language in America.

reytol
07-30-2006, 09:58 PM

what do think?

Well that's the problem of starting a thread, you will start it and you'll ask about their thoughts, definitely they'll have thousands of ways to express it. So let them speak their mind, stop questioning nor contesting their thoughts, it's their opinion, so let's respect them.
Going back to the thread. So slapping a person just because he's not good at it is just unfair. You can't force a person to change if he doesn't one, he is trying anyway and if he feels he can express himself the way he does, then there shouldn't be a problem. People understand him anyway and that's what only counts, no matter how awkward for him to do it. Again this is just an opinion.

Shamo
07-30-2006, 10:00 PM
it would be nice when people would just post their opinions instead to question the thread so that I don't have to post anymore

else f.u.c.k.o.f.f and post somewhere else thank you

Shamo
07-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Well that's the problem of starting a thread, you will start it and you'll ask about their thoughts, definitely they'll have thousands of ways to express it. So let them speak their mind, stop questioning nor contesting their thoughts, it's their opinion, so let's respect them.
Going back to the thread. So slapping a person just because he's not good at it is just unfair. You can't force a person to change if he doesn't one, he is trying anyway and if he feels he can express himself the way he does, then there shouldn't be a problem. People understand him anyway and that's what only counts, no matter how awkward for him to do it. Again this is just an opinion.

thanks man finally "just" a opinion

Breaker
07-30-2006, 10:05 PM
South, Central and North America is part of America.
America it's not just USA.

So, basically, yes, Spanish is the most-spoken language in America.

Yep, need it pretty much anywhere you go now, just knowing english doesn't cut it in a ton of places, knowing Spanish is already pretty much a bonus now in North America and pretty much a necessity in South America and Central America, a few years and it will be a necessity in North America also.

rafael nadal
07-30-2006, 10:06 PM
nadal once said in an interview: i dont know, no! and the room burst out laughing
!!!:p :mrgreen: :confused
but any1 who makes fun of nadal is just jellous coz he is the best
(buy the way i dont know how to start a new thread? can you tell me) no?

Shamo
07-30-2006, 10:12 PM
nadal once said in an interview: i dont know, no! and the room burst out laughing
!!!:p :mrgreen: :confused
but any1 who makes fun of nadal is just jellous coz he is the best
(buy the way i dont know how to start a new thread? can you tell me) no?

when you look at the threads, above there's a link named "new thread"

SCARLETRUBIES
07-30-2006, 10:21 PM
silly thread complaining about the spoken grammar of Nadal yet written in broken grammar.
grow up!!

Dilettante
07-31-2006, 12:41 AM
In spanish, you say something like EX. (Roger es inteligente. No?) .. meaning Roger is smart right?

more or less he's asking if they agree. if its correct

Him saying no is probably a bad habit thats translated over from his native language.

That's exact.

Shamo, learn a bit from these guys.

jamumafa
07-31-2006, 01:50 AM
Shamo you say that youy make lots of mistakes when talking English because , like rafa, it is not your native language.

Fair enough. yu also say you do not make the same mistakes over and over again. Again, fair enough.

But do you have to speak a non-native language in front of a packed room with people taking non stop pictures of you with cameras shoved up your nose? Do you have to speak English in a room where people fire questions at you in your non-native language as soon as you have finished speaking?

It's a nerves thing. All that going on, must be difficult to concentrate on speaking a difficult language when Getty Iamges has a camera up your nose and "the Daily Times" are asking non-stop questions about you and Federer.

,no?

Luca
07-31-2006, 03:40 AM

Yes, it seems you are..

pound cat
07-31-2006, 04:02 AM

Where do people GET this mis-information??? Federer speaks 4 languages.... English, French, German, Swiss - German (I won't go into explaining what that is)

This is no big deal in Europe. Most people speak 5 languages fluently, many 6 or 7. Younnes El Anouyi speaks 7 languages ...and he's from Morocco.

Learn other peoples languages, visit their country, and talk to them. and your vision of the world will open up.

pound cat
07-31-2006, 04:07 AM
And Rafa's English has gotten a lot better since last year. And he understands English well enough to know that Bud Collins' questions to him are irritating and condescending. Poor old Bud talks to Rafa with his not year perfect English as if he was a small child just learning to talk.

Surecatch
07-31-2006, 04:47 AM

I had always heard that Federer speaks four languages but in an interview at Wimby I heard Roger himself say that he speaks three. Just FWIW.

Swissv2
07-31-2006, 06:16 AM
Roger speaks three fluently, but 2 others broken.

rommil
07-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Where do people GET this mis-information??? Federer speaks 4 languages.... English, French, German, Swiss - German (I won't go into explaining what that is)

This is no big deal in Europe. Most people speak 5 languages fluently, many 6 or 7. Younnes El Anouyi speaks 7 languages ...and he's from Morocco.

Learn other peoples languages, visit their country, and talk to them. and your vision of the world will open up.
How about Italian?

Marat Safinator
07-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Hes an idiot, thats why

cricri
07-31-2006, 09:14 AM
How about Italian?

I don't think he is fluent. He knows some words. That's why he could understand Ljubicic. The same for swedish i think

BERDI4
07-31-2006, 12:57 PM
It's like saying "you know" or "wright?" in english. In spanish you say "no"