PDA

View Full Version : Adult Camp or clinic

chilidipper1
07-31-2006, 01:22 PM
My wife and I decided to do a little something different for our vacation this year. We were hoping to find an adult tennis camp. They are not easy to find. Any ideas?

tennis-n-sc
07-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Tennis Magazine is full of them. Where do you live? South Carolina and Florida have many.

tarheels2323
07-31-2006, 06:25 PM
I was recently in Ocean City, MA and went down to Bethany Beach to play at Sea Colony (a tennis resort). It was really nice and I bet you'd love spending a few weeks there. They have both hard and clay courts, indoor and out. Plus, everyone there was really nice and they have weekly singles and doubles tournaments.

Geezer Guy
08-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Go to www.TennisResortsOnline.com and look around. They're all over the place. Most of the popular places have reviews written by people that attended the camps. I've been to several, and enjoyed them all. Think about the area you want to go to, the type of weather they're likely to have there, the amount of time you'll spend on the courts, your fitness level, other fun things to do in the area, etc. Also consider what's included in the price of the camp. Some include room and board, some don't.

cak
08-02-2006, 11:20 AM
My husband and I have been to Gardiner's in Carmel Valley twice, and had a great time (and improved our tennis) both times. Lodging is cottages with fireplaces. The clinics range from 3 day to 5 day. We tend to go Sunday evenings (get there for dinner) then they have morning and afternoon clinics Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and morning only clinics Wednesday and Friday. Meals are included through Friday lunch, except for Wednesday afternoon and evening you are on your own. (You can go into Carmel...) The people you meet are wonderful, and from all over the US. USTA ratings range from beginners to 4.0s, with most being 3.0 or 3.5s the times I went. Also, both times I went it was mostly couples, so you would fit right in.