PDA

View Full Version : Roddick wears his "No Compromise" wristbands over his socks?

Nextman916
08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/07/03/wimbledon.final/roddick-2.jpg
Does anyone else find this to be odd?

-I dont think lacoste makes socks with a blue stripe through them, ive been to numerous outlets and boutiques and own many pairs. They are made only in solid colors for men, ive seen low womens socks that have bright color stripe though...Plus that stripe matches the color of his wristbands. WTH?

CoconutGT
08-01-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't think those are the no compromise bands. Different colors it seems.

Jonnyf
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Ive got those socks mate, so nah that isnt his no compromise band

Slice Approach
08-01-2006, 05:39 PM
I think those are ankle braces with socks underneath

diredesire
08-01-2006, 10:25 PM
his ankles are much bigger than his wrist, also. I very, very much doubt he'd wear them there.

OrangeOne
08-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Well - given Jonolau has already solved the issue, there's no point discussing the orginal issue, so instead:

look at how much his foot is squirming in those shoes! are the reebok pumps or something else? geez they look functionally terrible. I know photos can show things the naked eye can't see, but they really do look bad and then some....

OrangeOne
08-01-2006, 10:54 PM
I can't believe I didn't think of this (given I'm very into cycling and the whole "charity band" thing started there!), but it's very common for Lance (when he rode) and his team (still) to have yellow bands printed into their clothing (often in the sleeves), so it advertises the bands a little more. Seems to be that's what Andy's doing here.

I can be so so slow sometimes!

Duzza
08-01-2006, 11:22 PM
They are lacoste socks. Not Wristbands.

OrangeOne
08-01-2006, 11:27 PM

Did you not see Jonolau said that only a few posts up? ;)

nViATi
08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Did you not see Jonolau said that only a few posts up? ;)
I don't see a post by jonolau.

OrangeOne
08-02-2006, 07:50 AM
I don't see a post by jonolau.

Ok - I was being picky - and that's being doubly picky - you're right though. It was JonnyF. My apologies for getting the name wrong (hey - the both start with Jon :)), but the post was nonetheless made by an owner of the socks answering the original question.

Dan007
08-02-2006, 07:52 AM
It's a blue stripe on the socks.

pchoi04
08-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Hes also wearing a no compromise rist band in that picture and you can clearly see that its a different shade of blue than his socks are.

OrangeOne
08-02-2006, 08:55 AM
you can clearly see that its a different shade of blue than his socks are.
It's a blue stripe on the socks.
printed into their clothing ...Seems to be that's what Andy's doing here.
I very, very much doubt he'd wear them there.
Ive got those socks mate, so nah that isnt his no compromise band
I don't think those are the no compromise bands. Different colors it seems.

It really does seem that we've all reached an agreement here. But maybe if just one more person said the same thing as someone else already has... ;)

ZoomUltraflight
08-02-2006, 03:37 PM
we all know the answer has been found but you posted this right after it

I can't believe I didn't think of this (given I'm very into cycling and the whole "charity band" thing started there!), but it's very common for Lance (when he rode) and his team (still) to have yellow bands printed into their clothing (often in the sleeves), so it advertises the bands a little more. Seems to be that's what Andy's doing here.

I can be so so slow sometimes!

so we are all reminding you that your guess was incorrect. So i think we should just shut up and stop quoting everyone elses posts and leave the issue alone, nuff said!!!!!!

OrangeOne
08-02-2006, 03:57 PM
we all know the answer has been found but you posted this right after it. .....so we are all reminding you that your guess was incorrect.

I'm sorry, but my guess wasn't incorrect! I know I posted that right after, not as a CORRECTION, but as a FURTHER INFORMATION. I posted it as a reason WHY he would have a blue-coloured band IN his socks, as PART of his socks, I in no way said he's wearing a charity band OVER his socks. It's, to this moment, my best-guess of exactly what's going on. . I don't see how anyone has reminded me that I was incorrect, I've agreed with any post except yours!, previously, I just thought that everyone is just saying everything twice...

See here for an example from the cycling world:
http://www.store-laf.org/sg-2010.html

So i think we should just shut up and stop quoting everyone elses posts and leave the issue alone, nuff said!!!!!!

Interesting use of the word 'we', when you weren't even a part of the discussion. Thanks for your (blunt, and wrong) contribution at this point though!