PDA

View Full Version : How tanned are you from playing tennis?

zhan
08-01-2006, 06:56 PM
I am Siberian Chinese so im kind of not very tanned on the asian scale...
I look totally mexican now after almost 2 months of playing...

DragonNeedSpank
08-01-2006, 07:03 PM
I am Siberian Chinese so im kind of not very tanned on the asian scale...
I look totally mexican now after almost 2 months of playing...

i dont get that dark.... maybe the truth is that ur not siberian chinese!!!!!! lol jk.... maybe u should get sun lotion??

zhan
08-01-2006, 07:05 PM
i use sun lotion
all my clothes smell like sun lotion now...

DragonNeedSpank
08-01-2006, 07:07 PM
i use sun lotion
all my clothes smell like sun lotion now...

eeewww maybe its cuz ur indian!!! ^_^!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

do u wear a cap wen u play?

zhan
08-01-2006, 07:10 PM
eeewww maybe its cuz ur indian!!! ^_^!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

do u wear a cap wen u play?

i wear my cap the unorthodox way (backwards)
i'm gonna use the bandana once my hair gets to nadal length

doleeo
08-01-2006, 07:11 PM
after going through our schools tennis "bootcamp" playing from eight to three, I'm pretty burned, hoping it'll turn into a tan. :)

zhan
08-01-2006, 07:12 PM
after going through our schools tennis "bootcamp" playing from eight to three, I'm pretty burned, hoping it'll turn into a tan. :)

thats when u seriously need the sun screen lotion lol

DragonNeedSpank

ahahahahahahahaahahahaha i guess u can say BURN??

dr.freestyler
Use sunblock (not sunscreen) and dont go in the hottest hrs of the day.

DragonNeedSpank
08-01-2006, 07:13 PM
i wear my cap the unorthodox way (backwards)
i'm gonna use the bandana once my hair gets to nadal length

i onli wear a cap wen my hair is messed up or a bad hair day =)!!!!! ahahahahaha!! must keep my looks for the ladies :cool: ;)

zhan
08-01-2006, 07:16 PM
i onli wear a cap wen my hair is messed up or a bad hair day =)!!!!! ahahahahaha!! must keep my looks for the ladies :cool: ;)
should get long hair like me...
u'll be p-i-m-p

DragonNeedSpank
08-01-2006, 07:17 PM
should get long hair like me...
u'll be p-i-m-p

lol i grow my hair long -.-... then cut it realli short..... once i grow my hair long i start to look like a fob -.-....+

doleeo
08-01-2006, 07:18 PM
I usually do wear sunscreen. I like the new coppertone spray on kind. Its mainly my neck, looks like i'll be wearing one of those safari caps in a few days, if it keeps up like this.

Muse
08-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I've got one helluva farmers tan from tennis. Perhaps the best ever.

Yondan
08-01-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm Indonesian/Caucasian and I spend a lot of time in the sun. I wear sun screen most of the time but...When I tell people I'm asian they are usually surprised im not african. But then again people have asked if I'm Egyptian, Puerto Rican, South American (my college coach), African, Mexican. It's funny being racially ambiguous I suppose.

Andres
08-01-2006, 08:19 PM
I get tanned from going to the beach (when I can). Tennis don't tan me well, specially the arms and chest. I have a very white tone skin, and playing barechest it's actually very dangerous, so I try to get the tan from the beach.

andyroddick's mojo
08-01-2006, 10:21 PM
my arms legs and neck are really dark, but my thighs and kinda my torso is lighter then the rest of my body.

qwerty66
08-01-2006, 10:22 PM
when i played everyday before
i have the same skin color as my punjabi friend
and i am azn

edberg505
08-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I have a very nice tan. Hehehehe

OrangeOne
08-01-2006, 11:13 PM
I hate to be the spoiler - but any tan = skin damage = potential for cancer, and every actual burn increases those odds drastically. Go talk to the old players at your club if you're in a sunny place (I'm in Australia) - they'll tell you how not fun it is to have skin-cancers removed! ....Not that I always practice what I preach, but I wish I did! :)

Now, for a little levity, those old enough to remember this song may laugh, those not - may wish to acquire it, not that I'm sure how one would get mp3s on this internet thingy :p ...

Everyone's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) Lyrics

Artist(Band): Baz Luhrmann

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of '99. Wear sunscreen. If I could offer you one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience... I will dispense this advice now

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh, nevermind, you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now, how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are NOT as fat as you imagine.

Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real toubles in life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried
mind; the kind the blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday

Do one thing everyday that scares you.

Sing.

Don't be reckless with other peoples hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don't waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you suceed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. the most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don't.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees, you'll miss them when they're gone.

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll divorce at 40. Maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary.... Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either - your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can... don't be afraid of it, or what other people think of it... it's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.

Dance... even if you have nowhere else to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines they will only make you feel UGLY.

CHORUS
Brother and sister together we'll make it through.
Someday your spirit will take you and guide you there.
I know you've been hurting, but I've been waiting to be there for you.
And I'll be there just helping you out whenever I can.

Get to know your parents, you never know when they might be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; They're your best link to your past, and the people most likely to stick with you in the future

Understand that friends come and go, except for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but, leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths. Prices will rise, Politicians will philander, you too will get old. And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you'll have a trust fund, maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia; dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.

CHORUS

zhan
08-02-2006, 04:42 AM
I hate to be the spoiler - but any tan = skin damage = potential for cancer, and every actual burn increases those odds drastically. Go talk to the old players at your club if you're in a sunny place (I'm in Australia) - they'll tell you how not fun it is to have skin-cancers removed! ....Not that I always practice what I preach, but I wish I did! :)

Now, for a little levity, those old enough to remember this song may laugh, those not - may wish to acquire it, not that I'm sure how one would get mp3s on this internet thingy :p ...

Everyone's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) Lyrics

Artist(Band): Baz Luhrmann

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of '99. Wear sunscreen. If I could offer you one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience... I will dispense this advice now

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh, nevermind, you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now, how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are NOT as fat as you imagine.

Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real toubles in life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried
mind; the kind the blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday

Do one thing everyday that scares you.

Sing.

Don't be reckless with other peoples hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don't waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you suceed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. the most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don't.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees, you'll miss them when they're gone.

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll divorce at 40. Maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary.... Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either - your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can... don't be afraid of it, or what other people think of it... it's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.

Dance... even if you have nowhere else to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines they will only make you feel UGLY.

CHORUS
Brother and sister together we'll make it through.
Someday your spirit will take you and guide you there.
I know you've been hurting, but I've been waiting to be there for you.
And I'll be there just helping you out whenever I can.

Get to know your parents, you never know when they might be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; They're your best link to your past, and the people most likely to stick with you in the future

Understand that friends come and go, except for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but, leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths. Prices will rise, Politicians will philander, you too will get old. And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you'll have a trust fund, maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia; dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.

CHORUS

is this seriously a song?
it must be like 10 minutes long

OrangeOne
08-02-2006, 04:57 AM
is this seriously a song?

No, it's not seriously a song. I just called it a song, referred to the fact you could probably get it as an MP3, and gave a song name & an artist / band. But it's not a song. It's actually a paint-jobbed PS 85!

it must be like 10 minutes long

7:10 actually :). It's a spoken-word song, with a sung-chorus. There's plenty of things in life that are good that take longer than 4 minutes! Below is a verse from Billy Joel's "The Entertainer", where he complains about this very fact....

You've heard my latest record
It's been on the radio
Ah, it took me years to write it
They were the best years of my life
It was a beautiful song
But it ran too long
If you're gonna have a hit
You gotta make it fit
So they cut it down to 3:05

zhan
08-02-2006, 05:03 AM
No, it's not seriously a song. I just called it a song, referred to the fact you could probably get it as an MP3, and gave a song name & an artist / band. But it's not a song. It's actually a paint-jobbed PS 85!

7:10 actually :). It's a spoken-word song, with a sung-chorus. There's plenty of things in life that are good that take longer than 4 minutes! Below is a verse from Billy Joel's "The Entertainer", where he complains about this very fact....

It's been on the radio
It was a beautiful song
But it ran too long
You gotta make it fit

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DragonNeedSpank
08-02-2006, 05:45 AM

It's been on the radio
It was a beautiful song
But it ran too long
You gotta make it fit

ahahahahahahaha

p0w3r
08-02-2006, 01:42 PM
once i grow my hair long i start to look like a fob -.-....+

word...i did that over the winter and my friends still havent stopped with the jokes :neutral: and it wasnt even that long geez

tanning is weird for me...i get really dark and then few days later the color seems to fade away. i am darker but not as dark as other people who play in the sun just about every day.:confused:

mabuhay
08-02-2006, 01:58 PM
post some pictures of your uneven skin color...lol! i have an invicible socks!

hgb765
08-03-2006, 07:09 PM
im pretty tan
but not really from tennis
mostly from laying out in the sun all day tanning

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-03-2006, 07:29 PM
very tanned.

I am naturally brown skinned (I'm black) but thanks to the suns mystical magical ***got rays I'm darker than ever.