PDA

View Full Version : Hand gets tired

lcw
08-03-2006, 05:45 AM
What is is the most likely cause for the hand to get tired while hitting tennis balls?
Is it swing weight, racquet weight, grip type, balance, manufacturer etc.....?
Let's assume the swing is correct and the person is strong enough for the sake of discussion.

Thanks.

Court_Jester
08-03-2006, 06:01 AM
If it's just the hand, then I say the grip size is the culprit. Wrong grip size forces your hand to grip the handle harder to keep it stable. The SW and weight affects the entire arm.

Janne
08-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Nevermind this post, I just noticed I asked a stupid question.

armand
08-03-2006, 06:31 AM
What is is the most likely cause for the hand to get tired while hitting tennis balls?
Let's assume the swing is correct and the person is strong enough for the sake of discussion.

Thanks.I have a very strong suspicion they need to improve their serve...

theace21
08-03-2006, 06:34 AM
Don't grip the racket so tightly. You are probably squeezing the crap out of it during points, relax...I would have someone reccomend a grip size and see if yours is close.

doriancito
08-03-2006, 06:51 AM

Thanks.

you are either using a grip too thick or a grip too thin, you must be carefull when chosing grip sizes and shapes, it can give you blisters and best if you use the other hand to measure you grip size

HOW?
well, hold the grip with the normal play hand and where the pinky faces the thumb make sure there a 1 finger distance from the other hand

egtb_luver
08-03-2006, 07:36 AM

Thanks.
Hey! You were saying that your hands get tired. Same deal here! IDK what it is. But when your hands start to hurt is it like a cramp in your hands? It is here! Well Cya:?

EliteNinja
08-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I find that a grip that is too big makes my hand sore from being tired.

Also, if my overgrip becomes worn and not as tacky, my hand also gets sore because I have to grip harder.

newnuse
08-03-2006, 04:02 PM
you are either using a grip too thick or a grip too thin, you must be carefull when chosing grip sizes and shapes, it can give you blisters and best if you use the other hand to measure you grip size

HOW?
well, hold the grip with the normal play hand and where the pinky faces the thumb make sure there a 1 finger distance from the other hand

Wow, that's exactly the answer I got when I emailed Roddick. Did you get that from Roddick as well?