PDA

View Full Version : Vic Braden's St. George tennis camp???

simi
08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Anybody attend one of the tennis camps in Saint George, Utah? Did you stay at the complex, or in a less expensive hotel in town? Much later after attendance, did it help you advance to the next level? How much in advance do you need to make a reservation?

Thanks for any input. I think I'd like to attend, but the room cost makes it prohibitive.

GRANITECHIEF
08-03-2006, 12:35 PM
I hear there is some very nice camping in Utah. Maybe that would make it more affordable.

boxingguy
08-03-2006, 09:26 PM
I went a couple of years ago. I totally recommend it. All the instructors are top notch. They use this interesting video analysis tool. I stayed at the Best Western Travel Inn on E. St. George Bl., about a 10 minute drive from the resort. It was fine.

Call and find out when other players your level will be there. You probably don't want to go if everyone else is below your level.

simi
08-04-2006, 09:33 AM
...Call and find out when other players your level will be there. You probably don't want to go if everyone else is below your level.

Thanks for the tips. A call is certainly worth it. I also don't want to go if everybody else is way above my level too. What levels do you think you saw out there?

boxingguy
08-05-2006, 12:34 AM
I was lucky in that there were other 4.0 players there. Call and ask for either Dave or Tyler. Both great guys. They'll let you know if anyone your level is scheduled to come.

simi
08-07-2006, 08:34 AM
...Call and ask for either Dave or Tyler. Both great guys...

Thanks, boxingguy. Now, to convince my wife (a non-player) to let me attend.

Tennismastery
08-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Anybody attend one of the tennis camps in Saint George, Utah? Did you stay at the complex, or in a less expensive hotel in town? Much later after attendance, did it help you advance to the next level? How much in advance do you need to make a reservation?

Thanks for any input. I think I'd like to attend, but the room cost makes it prohibitive.

There are a lot of camps across the country that I would recommend over the Braden Camp. St. George is a beautiful area, however.

Redflea
08-12-2006, 04:56 PM
There are a lot of camps across the country that I would recommend over the Braden Camp. St. George is a beautiful area, however.

Such as? :)

I'm interested in ones for adults in the western US, preferrably Southern California (so I can get in a visit to relatives at the same time).

Tennismastery
08-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Such as? :)

I'm interested in ones for adults in the western US, preferrably Southern California (so I can get in a visit to relatives at the same time).

I would recommend these camps: Gardner's Tennis Ranch in Carmel (John Gardner); Ojai Inn and Country Club in Ojai, CA;Reed Anderson Camps (Ranch Mirage, CA).

Also, if you are looking for tennis in southern Utah, check out the Summit Athletic Club where Wayne Bullock runs the Summit Tennis Academy. He and his staff have year round drop in clinics with multiple pros, a three day camp at selected times, and they train the best players in the area as well as attract many players from out of town who participate in their programs. It is also home to the Huntsman World Senior Games in October when another 400+ players come to St. George for this event. The also have 6 pools, indoor track, basketball and 20,000 square feet of fitness machines. 55 fitness programs too!

tennishack1
08-18-2006, 08:52 AM
The Tennis Camp at Vic Braden's in St. George, Utah is world famous and is located at the #3 Spa in the world called Green Valley Spa.

Tha Vic Braden Link is www.vicbradentennis.com and www.greenvalleyspa.com is the resort link

The Vic Braden camp is currently the "#5 tennis camp in the world" according to www.tennisresortsonline.com making it the highest ranked camp on the west coast. It's a name brand camp and is considered one of the best game improvement camps in the world. I know a lot of people who have been there and they were amazed at how good it was and that they use Dartfish which is pretty high tech.

simi
08-18-2006, 08:59 AM
...making it the highest ranked camp on the west coast...

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback. I'm working on the wife, slowly. She's been asking what I want for my birthday...and I've been telling her that I either have everything I want, or it is too expensive.

Finally, after her tenth time asking, I told her I want to go to a tennis camp in Saint George. Phase II of the great seduction has commenced! :D

tennishack1
08-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Cool,
Always got to convince the boss first! My buddy who goes to Vic Braden's alot stays at the Best Western ABBY INN. Maybe that will help you save some money.