PDA

View Full Version : Wierd, Clever or Unorthodox shots?

AJK1
08-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Does anyone on these boards have a wacky, weird or clever shot that they hit? I don't really have one but i can hit one handed, and two handed topspin backhands, and slice backhands. And i'm as good at either it seems. My opponents think it's weird that i can do that. Another guy at my club hits two-handed on everything except serving. Anyone else?

zhan
08-03-2006, 09:18 PM
i can immitate the roger squash flicker when he/me is getting pulled out wide for a CC/DTL winner pretty damn good...
i get compliments for that shot all the time

maynardsson55
08-03-2006, 09:22 PM
just saw a huge mess of posts that had great shots/trick shots on it. Search Gael Monfils or Greatest shot ever.

mca10spro
08-03-2006, 09:49 PM
just saw a huge mess of posts that had great shots/trick shots on it. Search Gael Monfils or Greatest shot ever.

I saw that clip. It was pretty good. I hit it last Friday on a deep lob. Remember Monfils is left handed and he ran from HIS right toward his left side and then flicked it down the line.

Have you ever seen the Bryan Bros. when they have a sitter and one will swing at the ball and completely miss it then the other one rips a winner, because the other team thinks that the first person was going to hit the ball. I saw them do this against Michael Llorda and Fabrice Santoro in the Masters Cup Doubles live in Houston. The French team kept complaining that this move was illegal. The umpire said that it was a legal play.

Very interesting.

Mike

zhan
08-03-2006, 09:54 PM
roger federer makes the greatest shots look easy as pie
that man is frrrriiggggeeennn amazing

Tennis_baller
08-03-2006, 10:04 PM
i know a dude that plays right handed but hits his serves left handed

AJK1
08-03-2006, 11:57 PM
I think one of the Jensen brother's serves either right or left handed, equally as well.

alienhamster
08-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Does anyone on these boards have a wacky, weird or clever shot that they hit? I don't really have one but i can hit one handed, and two handed topspin backhands, and slice backhands. And i'm as good at either it seems. My opponents think it's weird that i can do that. Another guy at my club hits two-handed on everything except serving. Anyone else? I have a similar mix on the backhand, though I can hit flatter with two hands. It is kind of fun to have all of these shots because opponents do always look really confused.