PDA

View Full Version : Sun block lotion

zhan
08-03-2006, 08:02 PM
i got coppertone sport sun block lotion 30SPF ...
do i still get tanned if i apply it on my exposed skin?
:confused:

Dan007
08-03-2006, 08:06 PM
I use that Sun block loation and my skin have gotten really dark lately. Even if you apply sun block, you'll get tanned. Sun block will just reduce the tanning a bit and protacts you from the harmful UVA/UVB, whatever rays that causes your skin to get older/wrinkles and skin cancer.

lorenza
08-03-2006, 08:08 PM
it really depends on how much sun your skin can normally take naturally without sun block lotion. i usually only get a little tanned when i dont use sun block. but when i am in the sun all day i use spf 15 and i have the same result. but other people's skin burns much faster. it just depends.

zhan
08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
i dont burn at all..
i usually go without sun block or sun tan lotion whatever
cuz too lazy and whatever
now im thinking im gonna commit...
but i dont want to lose my tan (sex)

lorenza
08-03-2006, 08:22 PM
you'll probly be fine wearing spf 30.
im thinking that i should commit too and start wearing sun block more often cuz i never do. i just hate the smell of sun tan lotion...

zhan
08-03-2006, 08:23 PM
copper tone sport = good ...
its that neutral non-intrusive smell (i dont smell it)
so its cool...

lorenza
08-03-2006, 08:34 PM
i shall try it

zhan
08-03-2006, 08:38 PM
its not cheap lol
its like 11 bucks for a little bottle

lorenza
08-03-2006, 08:41 PM
11 dollars! thats freakin expensive. o well, ill get my mom to pay for it since she pretty much pays for everything else of mine...

zhan
08-03-2006, 08:52 PM
yeh its not cheap

TENNIS_IS_FUN
08-03-2006, 09:19 PM
My theory is that the more you wear sunblock lotion, the more dark you will be. If you dont wear sunblock lotion, your face will turn red...and eventually, the redness will go away.

Fee
08-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Coppertone Sport Sunblock is one of the worst sunscreens you can buy, if you are looking for complete protection from skin cancer, burning and wrinkles, but it seems like you all believe that those three things make you sexy, so keep doing whatever your current routine is.

zhan
08-04-2006, 04:27 AM
Coppertone Sport Sunblock is one of the worst sunscreens you can buy, if you are looking for complete protection from skin cancer, burning and wrinkles, but it seems like you all believe that those three things make you sexy, so keep doing whatever your current routine is.
see.. guys are short sighted too sometimes...

migjam
08-04-2006, 04:28 AM
Bullfrog Quick Gel

zhan
08-04-2006, 04:34 AM
Bullfrog Quick Gel
is that the bug repellent sun screen, no?
._.
how is it? whats the scene?
how does it do vs. mosqitoes
???:confused:

OrangeOne
08-04-2006, 04:39 AM
but i dont want to lose my tan (sex)

And ladies and gentlemen, we head from the sublime to the ridiculous....

zhan
08-04-2006, 04:39 AM
And ladies and gentlemen, we head from the sublime to the ridiculous....
u dont like me do u ...
:rolleyes:

OrangeOne
08-04-2006, 04:46 AM
u dont like me do u ...
:rolleyes:

I said no such thing. I just... well, i remain bemused at why anyone would even think what you wrote there, let alone actually type it on a tennis board.

zhan
08-04-2006, 04:55 AM
I said no such thing. I just... well, i remain bemused at why anyone would even think what you wrote there, let alone actually type it on a tennis board.
because this is not korea where if ur pale and play professional video games then u get all the hotties...
this is america... where if u play sports and have a natural tan gets u all the hotties...
and i think its the same in aussie land
now substitute tennis in for sport...
u get the point now?

ShcMad
08-04-2006, 06:08 AM
I got the Coppertone Sport Continuous Spray sunscreen (30SPF) sometime ago.

The commercials did a great job of alluring me to buy their product. They claimed it was non-sticky, that it doesn't run into your eyes, no-rub, no-mess, non-greasy, etcetera. However, this thing does feel greasy and it stings your eyes if it gets in. When you spray it on, it leaves something like a sticky grease film, so your skin is all shiny and sticky. So, I usually rub it to spread it more evenly. When I try to wash my hands with soap to get the residue off, it doesn't come off. So, when you hold the racquet grip, your hand sticks to the overgrip. Plus, the white overgrip gets dirty cuz of the leftover greasy (yet sticky) sunscreen.

Fee
08-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Bullfrog Quick Gel

Sadly not that one either.

Read this post: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=1022385&postcount=2

Try Ocean Potion (check the smell first, one of them smells like oranges and some people find that unbearable). Neutrogena makes good sunscreens (but NOT their spray formulas, they contain menthol which irritates the skin) and some of Coppertone's sunscreens are good (but NOT the blue Sport formulas or the kids forumulas). You have to read the ingredient labels.

oscar_2424
08-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Get NO- AD sunblock 30 or 45 spf

SydneyJim
08-04-2006, 03:05 PM
really sunblock doesn't block tanning, just blocks harmful rays to your skin

DragonNeedSpank
08-04-2006, 03:30 PM
i should start to wear sun lotion HEHE!!!! and i always try to get the side of the court that has the shades soo i dont have much problem :)!! and i thought if u stay outside ur tan will go away -.-..... my legs r tanned and not gone since last yaer :(

arosen
08-04-2006, 03:47 PM
The only sunblock cream that blocks UV rays from hitting your cells is the one with chrystals in it. It's a new thing, only recently introduced to the market in US, I just bought some, works like a charm, very little tanning.

migjam
08-04-2006, 05:05 PM
is that the bug repellent sun screen, no?
._.
how is it? whats the scene?
how does it do vs. mosqitoes
???:confused:

No, it just regular sunscreen but it goes on nice and dries without leaving you feeling greasy.

Steve Dykstra
08-04-2006, 06:07 PM

Why exactly is it a bad sunscreen? When I play tennis on a hot day, I will usually use some of it on my face..

Edit: nevermind, read your last post and the linked one...but I don't think I will remember those ingredients. I usually just use whatever is around and so far have been fine. I work inside and don't spend too much time in the sun anyway.