PDA

View Full Version : Worst horror movies

vkartikv
08-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Most horror movies are filled with comical creatures that appear from nowhere. This continues to today and Stephen King is the king of such creations. So what's the worst 'horror' movie you have seen? Worst as in lamest, dumbest, etc..

For me, its 'The It'. 'It' can be anything but they lead you to believe its a clown.The first part of the movie ends without an 'end' but wait, there is a second part and eventually, after 3 1/2 hrs of relentless pursuit, It turns out to be a giant spider...

drakulie
08-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Scary Movie-although I was laughing hysterically. Come to think of it, everyone in the theater was.

Lunk
08-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I have been saying this about "It" for years. Tim Curry did a great job as the evil clown (I hate clowns, by the way) in the movie, but the final manifestation/revealing of It was really poor. It reminded me of the old stop motion animation movies like "Jason and the Argonauts." What a letdown after all of the suspense that the movie managed to build.

"Phantoms" was similarly turd-like. Overall, it sucked. Ben Afflek starred in it, and for the life of me I can't figure out why Peter O'Toole was also in it. I figure that he was either completely out of money, or one of the producers had pictures of him in some sort of "compromising" situation. As bad as the movie was, the ending helped to kill any suspense by showing the lame manifestation of the thing that had been killing everyone throughout the movie.

Lunk
08-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Scary Movie-although I was laughing hysterically. Come to think of it, everyone in the theater was.

Actually, I believe that the movie was a made for TV movie.

Yep, sure was. Here's a link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099864/

A cast containing John Boy, Judge Harry Stone, Jack Tripper, and Venus Flytrap. COOL! Also, a 12-year-old Seth Green

K3oni
08-04-2006, 10:55 AM
that movie or movie series is sooooo funny : D

quest01
08-04-2006, 11:06 AM
The worst horror movie ever made is Blair Witch Project.

armand
08-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Saw and Saw II. Acting, writing, directing, fear factor, set design, cinematography etc, etc, etc, were all total *****. *****, all of it. Not even good for a cheap thrill.

drakulie
08-04-2006, 11:16 AM
It's Alive, from the 70's was pretty awful.

quest01
08-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Saw and Saw II. Acting, writing, directing, fear factor, set design, cinematography etc, etc, etc, were all total *****. *****, all of it. Not even good for a cheap thrill.

No way, Saw 1 and 2 were awesome horror movies.

Andres
08-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Jeepers Creepers. All the fuzz of the media about it, and turned out to be the worst movie ever made. I was so offended after seeing it, that I didn't wait the 5 days I was supposed to have it for rent it in Blockbusters, and I returned it right away. I didn't want to have that movie on my hands any extra second...

I don't know abou JC 2, I didn't see it, and don't want to.

Bolt
08-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Leprechaun

Roffey
08-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Leprechaun

Leprachaun Back 2 Da Hood

Halloween III (I mean, it wasn't even about the same guy)

Blair Witch 2

oscar_2424
08-04-2006, 12:50 PM
child's play CHUCKY

Mr.Federer
08-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Jason X...absolutly terrible...

AR15
08-04-2006, 02:01 PM
The worst horror movie ever made is Blair Witch Project.

Ditto

edberg505
08-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure if it was intended to be a horror movie or not. But it doesn't matter. It was a bad movie all together!!! "House of the Dead" OMG, this is by far the worst movie ever made!!! And to think I was actually thinking of going to see this in the theaters. I'm sooooooooo glad I didn't, because I can promise you that I would have walked out of it. It's like they didn't even try. Please take my word for it becuase I would hate for anyone to go out and actually spend any money and waste any second of their lives to see this crap.

hgb765
08-04-2006, 03:33 PM
i actually think most horror movies are stupid and pointless
like texas chainsaw massacre.. i mean come on a guy chasing you around w/ a chainsaw?
and oh the grudge.. some pale little boy wearing too much eyeliner is gonna haunt you??
like wtf
i think the movies that really scare me are the ones that are semi based on true stories
liek emily rose.. thats kinda creepy w/ the whole messed up brain thing

Janne
08-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Jeepers Creepers. All the fuzz of the media about it, and turned out to be the worst movie ever made.

It was actually quite good and scary until you saw how the murderer looked like!
I remember watching it a few years ago with my friend at night, just the two of us home. He was screaming like mad when they were chased by that scary looking car. :D

Good times.

Breaker
08-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Feeders..worst.movie.ever

Roffey
08-04-2006, 07:49 PM
i actually think most horror movies are stupid and pointless
like texas chainsaw massacre.. i mean come on a guy chasing you around w/ a chainsaw?
and oh the grudge.. some pale little boy wearing too much eyeliner is gonna haunt you??
like wtf
i think the movies that really scare me are the ones that are semi based on true stories
liek emily rose.. thats kinda creepy w/ the whole messed up brain thing

It's kinda scarier when you learn it was based off a real guy in Wisconsin that killed ladies and dug up bodies and used them for upholstery, bowls, etc. He even had a box of female private parts under his bed.

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Texas chainsaw massacre rocked! hgb what is wrong with you?????????

I'll tell you a really good one.

The hills have eyes! That is good!

Mick
08-04-2006, 08:43 PM
the japanese inspired horror movie "the grudge" because it isn't scary at all.
"the ring 2" is also quite bad.

Freedom
08-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Wolf Creek and Stay Alive. Both utterly awful. The worst part is, I went into them knowing they were going to suck.

Triple S
08-05-2006, 09:14 AM

It wasn't scary, but it was fun to watch. Liked the ideas that they put into the movie. Didn't think acting was bad either =\

DragonNeedSpank
08-05-2006, 11:35 AM
x-files....... wtfzor? it was an alien.....

Kobble
08-05-2006, 01:08 PM
How about that movie with the totem(sp) pole monster? I think it was called Death Island, or something. Some good looking chicks, but that is about it.

DragonNeedSpank
08-06-2006, 09:09 AM
one of the best scary movie i think it is IS!!!

SAW!!!
SAW 1 and 2 XD

juani
08-07-2006, 12:56 PM
boogey man is a total crap

Dan007
08-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Freddy vs Jason. Good movie in the fighting component, but it wasn't scary at all.