Swan Song
07-20-2004, 01:36 PM
What is the best ball in these categories:
Playability
Durability(pressure,rubber, and felt)
Visibility
Quality
Clinging on to strings

I have also heard good comments about the Dunlop GrandPrix balls, but I have heard these interesting comments from herehttp://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback.html?pcode=DTBC

One of them states that they were dead after they opened it and you cannot generate topspin with them? Have any of you had problems like this before?

d wayne
07-24-2004, 05:45 AM
I prefer the Dunlop Championship all court balls. They feel just a bit heavier than Wilson & Penn balls and allow good feel off the strings. You can hit these with good pace and spin and be rewarded for it. Durability is better than regular Wilson and Penn, but not as good as the Grand Prix or US Open ball(Wilson).
Wilson championship balls seem to fly and have litte feel and Penn seems to play very slow.
As for the Dunlop Grand Prix balls, I used to use them, as they hold up better than any other ball. However, they feel very heavy and I feel like I have to crush it to get pace. It also seems like I need to hit square through this ball. Spin seems harder to generate.
I also like the Wilson US Open ball, but not enough to pay more for it than the Dunlop championship

kninetik
07-25-2004, 09:11 AM
I too prefer the Dunlop Championship All-Court balls. They used to come in 4 balls per can, 4 cans per package deal in sport store chains but this season they stopped selling it so I changed to the Grand Prix balls. These balls are tops for Playability/ Durability and Quality. The cans state that they use some technology for 14% more visibility but I really cant tell the difference between any balls in the sun. I hate US Open Wilsons because they feel like rocks, and most importantly, they fuzz to the point of being unplayabe. Penn are solid balls for one hour, but they lose pressure way to quickly to be worth it.

As for that dead ball situation, I had it with the first can I opened! Only had 2 live balls, but hey its like having 4 of any other balls because they last that much longer. And they dont fuzz into oblivion!

Cobra Tennis
07-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Dunlops championships are my choice. You can get them right around the corner at Wal-Mart or K-Mart, cheap, 4 balls to a can, and they keep pressure FOREVER. However, the only downside i have seen is the felt wears off reaaaaaaally quickly.