PDA

View Full Version : Pros using the new babolat pure drive with cortex

Roger_federer
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Now, some pros like Kim clijsters and Andy Roddick has already switched to the new cortex pd. But are they really using them? Because the pictures show that Andy's and Kim's pd with cortex is glossy finish. But the real pd cortex is more of a matte finish.

LowProfile
08-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Andy is using his own signature racquet (which looks almost exactly the same as the new regular Pure Drives, only with his signature at the bottom).

Kim's racquet looks like the new Pure Drive w/ Cortex, but it's not. Her racquet doesn't even actually have the Woofer grommets. She is using the original Pure Drive model (the first version, I think the new Cortex ones are at least the 4th or 5th series). Same thing for Moya, although I do not know if his racquet is painting like the new Pure Drives.

Richard Parnell
08-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Roddick uses the Pure Drive Roddick which has a matt finish and Clijsters uses the new Pure Drive Team which has a glossy finish.Clijsters PD is the non woofer version but has the cortex in the shaft.The non woofer version is only available to the competition team.
All the best,
Richard

sinatra161
08-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Is Andy actually using his signature racquet?I thought it was a pj.

jorel
12-24-2006, 04:47 AM
roddicks is a paintjob of the cortex. i held it in my hand (dont ask). there is no cortex. just painted to look that way.. kinda sad. . to paint something to look like the cortex. when the cortex tech is not even painted on... i love the cortex tech ( roddick ) tho. comfort and stiffness(stability).

th____44
12-24-2006, 05:31 AM
roddicks is a paintjob of the cortex. i held it in my hand (dont ask). there is no cortex. just painted to look that way.. kinda sad. . to paint something to look like the cortex. when the cortex tech is not even painted on... i love the cortex tech ( roddick ) tho. comfort and stiffness(stability).

roddick IS using pure drive roddick +(plus)....
you're not the only one who has held his racket....the cortex is under the overgrip....

El Diablo
12-24-2006, 07:18 AM
The cortex is in the handle, the cortex is under the grip, the cortex is hidden in the shaft, the cortex is simply a painted-on effect....these threads remind me of the time a bus in NYC crashed and in the next week something like 300 people came forward claiming they were on the bus and injured. Funny how so many people can say they've held the thing and yet saw totally different things? Is it just me or do you have the feeling these threads are merely comedy until Jura or Thomas Martinez weighs in?

jmsx521
12-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Alex Bogomolov uses one too.

AJK1
12-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Roman Prokes recently said that Roddick DOES NOT have cortex in his racquet. Babolat justs paints that dodgy v thing on there for marketing purposes.

Bogie
12-24-2006, 02:21 PM

bogomolov switched to the flexpoint prestige midplus around feb. this year.

jorel
12-25-2006, 01:26 PM
i dont want to get anyone in trouble by revealing my source

jmsx521
02-03-2007, 01:45 PM

bogomolov switched to the flexpoint prestige midplus around feb. this year.

Your message was posted: 12-24-2006.
So you're saying Feb 2006? I watched him play in mid Nov 2006 with the Babolat with Cortex... unless it was painted.

jmk311
02-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Explain what is Cortex

SFrazeur
02-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Explain what is Cortex

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/ractechpage.html?PCODE=BPD2S

http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/vtech/BABTECH/CORTEX_IMG.JPG
Cortex
Babolat's Cortex shaft vibration dampening system is designed to offer greater comfort during play. Available in two versions, the Cortex system used in the Pure series of racquets reduces harmful racquet vibrations without filtering out the feedback required for feel. The result of filtering unnecessary vibrations results in what Babolat calls a "pure feel." The Cortex system used in other Babolat racquets filters and dampens for maximum comfort.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
02-07-2007, 06:02 PM
jill crybas uses cortex too.

BigServer1
02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
The cortex is in the handle, the cortex is under the grip, the cortex is hidden in the shaft, the cortex is simply a painted-on effect....these threads remind me of the time a bus in NYC crashed and in the next week something like 300 people came forward claiming they were on the bus and injured. Funny how so many people can say they've held the thing and yet saw totally different things? Is it just me or do you have the feeling these threads are merely comedy until Jura or Thomas Martinez weighs in?

lmao...this pretty much sums up my feelings about these threads. none of us (with the exception of maybe 5 people on these boards) know what the hell these people actually play with, so it seems a bit useless to discuss.

dennis1188
02-10-2007, 02:37 PM
lmao...this pretty much sums up my feelings about these threads. none of us (with the exception of maybe 5 people on these boards) know what the hell these people actually play with, so it seems a bit useless to discuss.
Yea, over a 8-10 year period professional players, always, hv used the same racket, wt, balance, grip type/size, pj,shoes etc regardless of the court surface,ball, type of equipment. Professionals, never ever try out something different.
If this/that guy did not see/say it, then so what. Are these guys at each and every match around the world. NO, they are not.

EuroMagnum
02-10-2007, 02:57 PM
EuroMagnum uses one I believe...

officerdibble
02-10-2007, 11:39 PM

Don't be so quick to knock these threads. Manybe people will keep an eye out for a definitive image, or one of the stringers will give us the inside track, and then (just like I did with Head's Flexpoint) people who are fed up with being misled will send the rackets back to the manufacturer and get them replaced. I'm very grateful for threads like this; got me two new rackets two years after I bought my Flexpoints!

And since we obviously can't trust manufacturers to be honest with us, how else are we going to gauge whether any of these "innovations" have real merit. Yes, we can play test them, and they might feel a bit nicer or not, but that could just be because of a change in the balance or weight distribution that we could achieve ourselves for the cost of some lead tape and nothing to do with the "innovation". These threads could save you money!

joeyscl
02-10-2007, 11:54 PM

I've never even heard of a bus that holds 300 people...

eunjam
02-13-2007, 12:43 PM

and you know who richard parnell is?

tennisdude083
02-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Now, some pros like Kim clijsters and Andy Roddick has already switched to the new cortex pd. But are they really using them? Because the pictures show that Andy's and Kim's pd with cortex is glossy finish. But the real pd cortex is more of a matte finish.

the pd standard cortex actually has a glossy finish in the upper part of the frame, like above the 4 o clock and 8 o clock positions. roddick's does not.

GPB
03-25-2008, 04:27 AM
I've been demoing a pd standard and a roddick from TW and like them a lot. Last night I found a pd team plus on auction and grabbed it for a really good price -- then realized that it didn't have the cortex. How much of a difference does this "technology" really make? (I love how smooth my demos feel...)

Bobble
03-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Fabio Fognini of Italy, Mathieu Montcourt and Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France, and Wayne Odesnik of the USA all use cortex pure drive's that I have seen in person. Yes, they are all journeymen, but what do you expect?

jorel
03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Fabio Fognini of Italy, Mathieu Montcourt and Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France, and Wayne Odesnik of the USA all use cortex pure drive's that I have seen in person. Yes, they are all journeymen, but what do you expect?

also somdev the ncaa champ who beat john isner uses a pdr with cortex. saw it up close

jorel
03-25-2008, 12:45 PM
I've been demoing a pd standard and a roddick from TW and like them a lot. Last night I found a pd team plus on auction and grabbed it for a really good price -- then realized that it didn't have the cortex. How much of a difference does this "technology" really make? (I love how smooth my demos feel...)

the noncortex feels more raw, harsh