PDA

View Full Version : mls all stars def. chelsea!

tennisprofl
08-05-2006, 05:41 PM
the mls all stars defeated chelsea 1-0... chelsea is probably the best soccer team in the world and they lost to the all stars from the mls. i am very surprised. is anyone else *surprised*?

Feña14
08-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Not really no.

Lakoste
08-05-2006, 05:55 PM
is anyone else shocked?
I bet somewhere out there, someone is shocked, but I'm not

Thanks for the spoiler tag:rolleyes:

Roffey
08-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Nope. Not at all.

Andy Hewitt
08-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah! I was there! It was a boring match pretty much. Chelsea fans suck, if we had that many section 8'ers as they had their guys that place would've been so loud. I'm glad I got to see Nate Jaqua play the whole second half but piece of ball hoggin **** Freddy Adu and and that ****** bag Eskandarian sucked it up!!! John Terry is f'm phenomenal out there.

Oh and I'm not shocked at all, Chelsea is in pre season with new players.

tennisprofl
08-06-2006, 07:33 PM
shocked was the wrong word...surprised

ATXtennisaddict
08-07-2006, 08:25 AM
the mls all stars defeated chelsea 1-0... chelsea is probably the best soccer team in the world and they lost to the all stars from the mls. i am very surprised. is anyone else *surprised*?

who played for chelsea? starting line up i mean

ProStaffTour90
08-08-2006, 06:00 AM
Yeah! I was there! It was a boring match pretty much. Chelsea fans suck, if we had that many section 8'ers as they had their guys that place would've been so loud. I'm glad I got to see Nate Jaqua play the whole second half but piece of ball hoggin **** Freddy Adu and and that ****** bag Eskandarian sucked it up!!! John Terry is f'm phenomenal out there.

Oh and I'm not shocked at all, Chelsea is in pre season with new players.

:lol:

i reckon thats because 80% of the chelsea "fans" there will have been american fanboys.

tennis_nerd22
08-08-2006, 06:12 AM
ya i was surprised. but i saw this thing on Sky Sports about the guy who scored (forget his name), and how he's from Canada and plays on the Canadian national team

the funniest part of that game was....

JOE COLE GOT INJURED :D:D arsenal and man u have a better chance now ;)

tennis_nerd22
08-08-2006, 06:14 AM

btw i'd disagree about Chelsea being one of the best teams in the world. the EPL makes them look good.

nickybol
08-08-2006, 08:08 AM
It was a friendly match. A practice match. So I`m not surprised.

Feña14
08-08-2006, 01:15 PM
btw i'd disagree about Chelsea being one of the best teams in the world. the EPL makes them look good.

So you are saying that the Premier League (possibly the best league in the world) makes their champions look good? They are champions for the last 2 seasons for a reason, and that reason is that they are the best in the league and along with Barcelona, probably the best in the world. The depth of teams in the Premier League is scary, you have the top teams and then you teams like Everton, Portsmouth, Fulham etc. who are considered lesser teams, yet they are fantastic units who are all as hungry as anything. There are no easy matches for teams so with Chelsea beating them all in the marathon for the last 2 years, I struggle as to how it's the league that's making them look good?

I don't think their is any debate about them being one of the best in the world so I don't quite get it :confused:

As for other teams having a chance now Cole is injured, well that's a bit wierd too considering it will likely be Essien or Robben who replace him. I'm sure teams will be equally, if not more scared seeing either Essien or Robben charging at them.

That's why they are one of the best teams in the world, they have the depth of squad to take them places.

ProStaffTour90
08-08-2006, 04:05 PM
aye. me thinks Chelsea need a Spurs style stomach bug to have any effect at all! Take about 15 players at a time :-|

tennis_nerd22
08-08-2006, 05:13 PM
So you are saying that the Premier League (possibly the best league in the world) makes their champions look good? They are champions for the last 2 seasons for a reason, and that reason is that they are the best in the league and along with Barcelona, probably the best in the world. The depth of teams in the Premier League is scary, you have the top teams and then you teams like Everton, Portsmouth, Fulham etc. who are considered lesser teams, yet they are fantastic units who are all as hungry as anything. There are no easy matches for teams so with Chelsea beating them all in the marathon for the last 2 years, I struggle as to how it's the league that's making them look good?

I don't think their is any debate about them being one of the best in the world so I don't quite get it :confused:

As for other teams having a chance now Cole is injured, well that's a bit wierd too considering it will likely be Essien or Robben who replace him. I'm sure teams will be equally, if not more scared seeing either Essien or Robben charging at them.

That's why they are one of the best teams in the world, they have the depth of squad to take them places.

well i dont see chelsea winning the european cup, or champion's league... if they did, then i would consider them the best club in the world.

they might be one of the best, but not THE best

Feña14
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
well i dont see chelsea winning the european cup, or champion's league... if they did, then i would consider them the best club in the world.

they might be one of the best, but not THE best

In your post before you said:

btw i'd disagree about Chelsea being one of the best teams in the world.

So first you say that you disagree with them being one of the best teams in the world, then in your next post you say they are one of the best? lol :confused:

They will be one of the favourites for the Champions League and rightly so, they have Shevchenko and Ballack to add to the line up who are great players in Europe. When you have a shot stopper like Cech, Terry in defence, Robben, Makélélé, Lampard, Drogba etc..

It's natural to be considered one of the best in the world and one of the favourites for the Champions League when you have the players Chelsea have.