PDA

View Full Version : hey spanish forumers what does this word mean

D-man
08-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Was listening to this song and the Google translator can't translate this word, does anyone know what it means ? thx

apredeaban

lorenza
08-05-2006, 06:01 PM
uhhhh. i dont think that word is in my vocab... what were the other words in the song? and what song is it? maybe i know it...

Lakoste
08-05-2006, 06:08 PM
I have no clue what apredeaban means, are you sure you spelt it right, aprender means to learn, and the aban part has to do with imperfect tense i think. Thats all the help I can probably give with the little spanish I know :)

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-05-2006, 06:10 PM
it means I'm confused.

lorenza
08-05-2006, 06:20 PM
I have no clue what apredeaban means, are you sure you spelt it right, aprender means to learn, and the aban part has to do with imperfect tense i think. Thats all the help I can probably give with the little spanish I know :)

ya im pretty sure apredeaban is not a word in spanish. if it is then its a word used in somewhere other than mexico, cuz thats where i grew up...

Andres
08-05-2006, 06:21 PM
"apedreaban" is the right word, not "apredeaban"
Apedreaban is (they) "stoned" (as to throw a rock, a stone)

D-man
08-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Thank Andres! u roxorz man.

snoflewis
08-05-2006, 10:40 PM
"apedreaban" is the right word, not "apredeaban"
Apedreaban is (they) "stoned" (as to throw a rock, a stone)

are you sure there's not an alternate definition rather than "throw a rock"? :rolleyes:

Andres
08-05-2006, 10:43 PM
are you sure there's not an alternate definition rather than "throw a rock"? :rolleyes:
Apedrear = hit with a rock, or to throw a rock.
And yes, I'm sure. That's the definition of the word...

When was the last time someone corrected you about a well known word in english?

Return_Ace
08-06-2006, 01:28 AM
well...

well known word in english = (to be) stoned, now if someone said that meant "to have stones thrown at them", i could say they could be wrong :rolleyes:

Dilettante
08-06-2006, 08:13 AM

At least not in Argentina as Guazzelli said. Not in Spain either. "Apedrear" means "to throw stones to something/someone". Maybe in some other Spanish speaking country it has another meaning, vulgar Spanish differs much from one country to another you know, as it happens with any international language.

Use your imagination, it could be used metaphorically, if you think it had another meaning in the context of the song.

DragonNeedSpank
08-06-2006, 08:41 AM
go to freetranslation.com lol