http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdo7D6M-_kc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etIXH2HE1wQ

kchau
08-06-2006, 11:05 PM
i chuckled haha

Swissv2
08-06-2006, 11:06 PM
absolutely frikken fantastic.

Bush: "Fool me once, shame on....shame on you...fool me can't get fooled again!"

"I know that humans and fish can co-exist peacefully..."

"I know you are working hard to put food on your family!"

35ft6
08-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Another Classic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etIXH2HE1wQ).

Like all bad actors, Bush flubs lines. You can see he doesn't really understand what he's talking about. But that's why I like him, because he's an idiot, and I can have a beer with him.

TennisProPaul
08-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Another Classic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etIXH2HE1wQ).

Like all bad actors, Bush flubs lines. You can see he doesn't really understand what he's talking about. But that's why I like him, because he's an idiot, and I can have a beer with him.

excellent

jaykay
08-07-2006, 06:13 PM
#4 and #6 were ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! Thanks Paul --- I haven't laughed this hard in a long, long time...

MegacedU
08-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Somehow this thread is allowed to stay as the one that I post my opinion in get deleted.

alienhamster
08-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Somehow this thread is allowed to stay as the one that I post my opinion in get deleted. Actually, I'm annoyed at that, too. Does anyone actually know WHY it was deleted?

TennisProPaul
08-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Somehow this thread is allowed to stay as the one that I post my opinion in get deleted.

I guess no opinions

theace21
08-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Tennis Pro - Thanks - My favorite was he was talking about having troubles with our borders. That was a classic - thanks

armand
08-08-2006, 06:58 AM
It's always amazed me how Bush corrects himself after making such obvious blunders. I am 99% certain he has an ear piece with someone dictating much of what he says and of course, correcting his errors.

nViATi
08-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Does anyone have the guy imitating him on the fourth of july at the presidential party or whatever it's called? Even Bush himself laughed at that performance.

jaykay
08-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Does anyone have the guy imitating him on the fourth of july at the presidential party or whatever it's called? Even Bush himself laughed at that performance.

You are referring to the ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT roast by Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert during the White House press conference...

Here it is:

Part-1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_r1Rp3C6so

Part-2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8zWYMGedwk , and finally,

Part-3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1k4-Hb4sY4

[P.S. I'm not too sure if Bush enjoyed that too much...]

MegacedU
08-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Actually, I'm annoyed at that, too. Does anyone actually know WHY it was deleted?
Because I said something to add a different view and people got scared that it might errupt in to hurt feelings and name calling?

35ft6
08-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Because I said something to add a different view and people got scared that it might errupt in to hurt feelings and name calling?Or maybe because TW is a business who wants to appeal to every demographic and don't want their message boards to come up when people search for specific things or want to be misrepresented as endorsing a specific politic view or they thought the intensity of political expression was inappropriate for a tennis message board. Hurt feelings and name calling happens ALL THE TIME here.

35ft6
08-08-2006, 03:00 PM
check out The Onion's weekly presidential addresses. Some of them are absolutely brilliant.

http://www.theonion.com/content/radioaddress

RiosTheGenius
08-08-2006, 03:40 PM
extremely funny... thanks

MegacedU
08-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Or maybe because TW is a business who wants to appeal to every demographic and don't want their message boards to come up when people search for specific things or want to be misrepresented as endorsing a specific politic view or they thought the intensity of political expression was inappropriate for a tennis message board. Hurt feelings and name calling happens ALL THE TIME here.
Well there are some pretty intense displays of liberal expression here, I can't imagine anyone gave it that much thought. If your feelings get hurt from an internet message board, you should be concerned. None of these people actually know you so how can they insult it?

35ft6
08-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Well there are some pretty intense displays of liberal expression here, I can't imagine anyone gave it that much thought. I didn't specify liberal or conservative.If your feelings get hurt from an internet message board, you should be concerned. I wasn't talking about myself.None of these people actually know you so how can they insult it? You're projecting way too much into my post. My point is that TW is a business first and foremost, if they delete a thread that's too politically charged, that doesn't surprise me. If they were a political message board, I'd be surprised.

David L
08-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Actually, I'm annoyed at that, too. Does anyone actually know WHY it was deleted?

I suspect it has something to do with rule 2 of TTW's message board policies.

2. No personal attacks or abusive language is allowed. If you have a problem with someone, take it off of Talk Tennis. Antagonistic behavior will not be tolerated. Debating issues and opinions is fine, but flaming and insulting won’t be tolerated.

MegacedU
08-09-2006, 12:01 PM
I didn't specify liberal or conservative. I wasn't talking about myself. You're projecting way too much into my post. My point is that TW is a business first and foremost, if they delete a thread that's too politically charged, that doesn't surprise me. If they were a political message board, I'd be surprised.
I was speaking generally too. I wasn't really directing that at YOU personally. I'm just saying. Threads with strong liberal representation are allowed to stay while ones that have excellent counter points are quickly thrown down the drain.

TennisProPaul
08-09-2006, 12:34 PM
I was speaking generally too. I wasn't really directing that at YOU personally. I'm just saying. Threads with strong liberal representation are allowed to stay while ones that have excellent counter points are quickly thrown down the drain.

Its def a touchy subject. it might be better to just watch the videos, enjoy the laugh and not reply with any comment to stir the pot.

Even if I was for Bush i would enjoy the vid's as they are very funny.

MegacedU
08-09-2006, 12:37 PM
and not reply with any comment to stir the pot.
Not a chance.

Frodo Baggins
08-09-2006, 12:42 PM
No Fighting>Try and keep this thread clean thank you!!!

David L
08-09-2006, 12:45 PM

Have you ever been diagnosed with paranoia-delusion? Go easy on the spliff.

From my earlier postI suspect it has something to do with rule 2 of TTW's message board policies.

2. No personal attacks or abusive language is allowed. If you have a problem with someone, take it off of Talk Tennis. Antagonistic behavior will not be tolerated. Debating issues and opinions is fine, but flaming and insulting won’t be tolerated.

MegacedU
08-09-2006, 01:08 PM

From my earlier post
Wowwww. Are ya kidding? This is hypocrisy at its finest. That was you insulting me and then you post the tw rules about insulting. Nice.

Bolt
08-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Wowwww. Are ya kidding? This is hypocracy at it's finest. That was you insulting me and then you post the tw rules about insulting. Nice.

Whoa.

MegacedU
08-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Whoa.
Good catch. Thanks for the heads up.

Spindarella
08-09-2006, 01:48 PM
I like how people disagree with the decisions that the President makes, dont really provide any alternate ideas, then bash him for being a bad speaker and for other trivial reasons.

35ft6
08-09-2006, 01:53 PM
I like how people disagree with the decisions that the President makes, dont really provide any alternate ideas, Are you kidding? People throw out alternatives all the time.then bash him for being a bad speaker and for other trivial reasons. It's trivial if he's your gardener, but when the president of your country is an idiot, that's a legitimate cause for alarm.

David L
08-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Wowwww. Are ya kidding? This is hypocrisy at its finest. That was you insulting me and then you post the tw rules about insulting. Nice.

Hypocrisy is when you advocate the opposite of what you do. I suggested a reason why a former thread may have been deleted, and provided an exhibit. I made no judgement about that exhibit, one way or the other. That, is not hypocrisy.

35ft6
08-09-2006, 01:55 PM
I was speaking generally too. I wasn't really directing that at YOU personally. I'm just saying. Threads with strong liberal representation are allowed to stay while ones that have excellent counter points are quickly thrown down the drain. The ones I've noticed being deleted were pretty evenly represented by both conservative and liberal viewpoints. As for this thread, if somebody put up a Hillary Clinton is an Idiot thread and supplied movies, I think it would be pretty safe. Some topics are more politically volatile than others and Bush being an idiot isn't really one of them. Not to say that it won't be deleted any second.

MegacedU
08-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Hypocrisy is when you advocate the opposite of what you do. I suggested a reason why a former thread may have been deleted, and provided an exhibit. I made no judgement about that exhibit, one way or the other. That, is not hypocrisy.
You insulted me and then reposted the thing about not insulting people. That's why I was suggesting you were being hypocritical.

Dopke
08-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Are you kidding? People throw out alternatives all the time. It's trivial if he's your gardener, but when the president of your country is an idiot, that's a legitimate cause for alarm.

idiot? That's a bit too much isn't it? Just because someone has speech troubles doesn't mean they are an idiot.

David L
08-09-2006, 02:27 PM
You insulted me and then reposted the thing about not insulting people. That's why I was suggesting you were being hypocritical.

I can understand why you thought my post was hypocritical. The misuse of words is quite common. Your mistake is forgiven and forgotten. I hope you have a better understanding of the term now, in light of my last post.

David L
08-09-2006, 02:29 PM
idiot? That's a bit too much isn't it? Just because someone has speech troubles doesn't mean they are an idiot.

Yes, that's true, but Bush happens to be an idiot as well.

TennisProPaul
08-09-2006, 02:31 PM

its def a bit more then speach trouble.

fool me once

Swissv2
08-09-2006, 02:33 PM
shame on...you?

Fool me, can't get fooled again.

gosh I wanna poke that puppy.

Spindarella
08-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Dear good sir,
The above quote is a personal attack. As you have stated multiple times now, "No personal attacks or abusive language is allowed."
The definition of hypocrisy is this: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess.

Now, either you don't believe in the rule that you have posted multiple times, or your previous post indeed was hypocrisy at its finest. It's okay, though. You are forgiven as well. The misuse of words is quite common.

Swissv2
08-09-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah no personal attaks. them mean. make me hurt feeling. ok, let me poke that puppy!

MegacedU
08-09-2006, 02:59 PM
I can understand why you thought my post was hypocritical. The misuse of words is quite common. Your mistake is forgiven and forgotten. I hope you have a better understanding of the term now, in light of my last post.
Are you SERIOUS?! I didn't misuse ANY word. You, my dear, are a hypocrite. I the only mistake I made was putting and apostrophe in its when I was typing quickly. My understanding is as fine as ever.

David L
08-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Dear good sir,
The above quote is a personal attack. As you have stated multiple times now, "No personal attacks or abusive language is allowed."
The definition of hypocrisy is this: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess.

Now, either you don't believe in the rule that you have posted multiple times, or your previous post indeed was hypocrisy at its finest. It's okay, though. You are forgiven as well. The misuse of words is quite common.

Dear Sir

If you revisit my very first post in this thread, post 20, you will see that I quoted the rule to answer someones enquiry why a former thread was deleted. I quoted the rule again in post 25, to assuage MegacedU's fear that there was a liberal conspiracy that was responsible for the deleted thread. My abductive reasoning suggested that the rule itself was probably the best explanation why the former thread was deleted. I made no judgements about the rule whatsoever. I professed nothing. The motivation was not to preach it, but to use it to provide explanations.

As for my personal feelings about the rule, in all honesty I am indifferent to it. I participate on other boards where there is quite a bit of abuse and I have been known to engage in a little repartee myself.

David L
08-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Are you SERIOUS?! I didn't misuse ANY word. You, my dear, are a hypocrite. I the only mistake I made was putting and apostrophe in its when I was typing quickly. My understanding is as fine as ever.

See the post above.

Spindarella
08-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Dear Sir

If you revisit my very first post in this thread, post 20, you will see that I quoted the rule to answer someones enquiry why a former thread was deleted. I quoted the rule again in post 25, to assuage MegacedU's fear that there was a liberal conspiracy that was responsible for the deleted thread. My abductive reasoning suggested that the rule itself was probably the best explanation why the former thread was deleted. I made no judgements about the rule whatsoever. I professed nothing. The motivation was not to preach it, but to use it to provide explanations.

As for my personal feelings about the rule, in all honesty I am indifferent to it. I participate on other boards where there is quite a bit of abuse and I have been known to engage in a little repartee myself.
My apologies, but please re-read my last post. If you don't believe that rule, there is no hypocrisy.

Offshore
08-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Yes, that's true, but Bush happens to be an idiot as well.

Bingo!

35ft6
08-09-2006, 09:04 PM
idiot? That's a bit too much isn't it? Just because someone has speech troubles doesn't mean they are an idiot.I should give him credit for working hard to put food on his family.