PDA

View Full Version : The top 5 reasons you can't blame Anna Kournikova for not winning a WTA title.

edberg505
08-07-2006, 12:07 AM
So there was this show on ESPN and they covered Anna Kournikova and they gave the reasons that they think she wasn't able to win one single WTA title.

5. Injuries

4. Overbearing mother, Alla.

3. Land of Opportunity, made more money off court than on.

2. Wonder Women, competition was too tough for her.

1. Winning didn't matter, the coolest quote of the show was Vince Lombardi once said, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". Vince didn't meet Anna Kournikova

TennisProPaul
08-07-2006, 12:27 AM
I dont blame her. I actually think she had a great career and made more cash then just about any tennis player ever thru endorsements.

more power to her

welcome2petrkordaland
08-07-2006, 12:41 AM
i wouldn't and couldn't BLAME her either and surely her situation-coming from Russia, making 10 x as much in endorsements, her mom, injuries, talented competition- was, i guess, something to consider.

i will say that it's a shame she didn't/couldn't win a title (or more) considering her talent. she could fly. i mean she had major wheels and good strokes. she just wilted mentally in the pressure on big points against top competition. to say that her competition was just "too good" is bs. she was highly talented and very athletic. if sharapova and davenport had her foot speed, they'd be (or they would have been) lovin' it.

TennisProPaul
08-07-2006, 01:24 AM
i wouldn't and couldn't BLAME her either and surely her situation-coming from Russia, making 10 x as much in endorsements, her mom, injuries, talented competition- was, i guess, something to consider.

i will say that it's a shame she didn't/couldn't win a title (or more) considering her talent. she could fly. i mean she had major wheels and good strokes. she just wilted mentally in the pressure on big points against top competition. to say that her competition was just "too good" is bs. she was highly talented and very athletic. if sharapova and davenport had her foot speed, they'd be (or they would have been) lovin' it.

she was a great doubles player with hingis with many grand slam doubles titles. thats huge in my book