PDA

View Full Version : Quick Postage Question

Duzza
08-07-2006, 01:29 AM
So say I'm sending a racquet overseas, I worked out the price and everything, just don't have the boxes i should keep from TW. What do you guys use? This guy said cut a big cardboard box and keep 2 sides of it, then wrap the racquet in that + bubble wrap. Would that be allowed in the Post Office?

kchau
08-07-2006, 01:30 AM
i dunno, i've never tried that before, but i am sure that if you visit a local tennis shop, buy soething there, and ask for a shipping box, im sure they will give you one.

you need to make your box easy to open as well, authorities will most likely open your box to see whats inside.

snoflewis
08-07-2006, 01:36 AM
yeah...if you're cool w/ your local shop owner, they should give you a box no problem. i've only shipped rackets domestically in the US but i've done what you said...except..no bubble wrap but i included the racket case. i've only done it once and all the other times, it was sent in a nice fitting box, usually TWs

Duzza
08-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I didn't think about the customs issue. The problem is Local Tennis Shop around here is about 20 km away for somewhere that sells things in boxes. Hmm I'll think about it.