PDA

View Full Version : Make the world a better place

nopiforyou
08-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Since everyone is devoting so much of their time to the Bush thread, I thought I'd make a thread where you give ideas to actually help out, instead of constantly criticizing. So, just name some things that has to stop or continue and why. It can be politics or science, such as global warming or the Lebanon-Israel conflict. If you guys can't think of anything, I guess you can answer this question. How would you help continue humans thrive in the world.

DragonNeedSpank
08-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Burn All Guns!!! And Any Type Of War Weapons!!!!

ATXtennisaddict
08-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for
You and for me.

Dedans Penthouse
08-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Love

~and sex~

tarheels2323
08-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Organized religion in the way that it's practiced now. The original idea was sound, but it has drifted so far from that idea that it's not feasable for it to continue along this path. Attending church and believing are two different things and yet today's church-goer is under the impression that they are one in the same. This is not to mention the millions of innocent deaths which have occured because "my God is better than yours." What the world needs is more true faith and less mindless acceptance.

tarheels2323
08-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Love

~and sex~

Oh yea, and sex. Everyone would be alot happier if they got laid more. :mrgreen:

anirut
08-07-2006, 09:07 AM
A better world begins with a better oneself.

diegaa
08-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Oh yea, and sex. Everyone would be alot happier if they got laid more. :mrgreen:

this is absolutely one true statement.

DragonNeedSpank
08-07-2006, 09:18 AM
No More Dieases!!!

Deuce
08-07-2006, 10:28 PM
If civilization continues to 'progress' over the next 100 years at the same rate and in the same direction as it has 'progressed' over the last 100 years, human life on this planet will cease to exist somewhere within the next 100 years. No question about it.

The planet itself will survive, for Nature is far stronger than man.

quest01
08-07-2006, 10:30 PM

Wait until marriage to have sex.

Freedom
08-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Organized religion in the way that it's practiced now. The original idea was sound, but it has drifted so far from that idea that it's not feasable for it to continue along this path. Attending church and believing are two different things and yet today's church-goer is under the impression that they are one in the same. This is not to mention the millions of innocent deaths which have occured because "my God is better than yours." What the world needs is more true faith and less mindless acceptance.

Ah, thank you. My youth group led the church service, maybe a year ago, and I gave the sermon. My shpeal was about this exact idea. I got a lot of blank stares, and not too many comments afterwards. It's not a friendly subject. ;)

Phil
08-07-2006, 10:43 PM
What the world needs is more true faith and less mindless acceptance.

I think I like Burt Bacharach's version better (What the world needs now, is love, sweet love...), but moving on...what, pray tell (pun intended), is the difference between "true faith" and mindless acceptance? They are one and the same, aren't they? This is what religion is all about, these days.

armand
08-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Anyone familiar with Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs? Well, at the moment, faith is a luxury we cannot afford.

shrakkie
08-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Anyone familiar with Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs? Well, at the moment, faith is a luxury we cannot afford.

yeah im familiar with that.personally i dont like the hierarchy.its too rigid IMO

personally i think that selfishness and lack of caring for the bettering of the human race is natural for humans as a race to some extent.i used to believe in like the star trek philosophy(yet i never watched it!how odd!)but lately im starting to change my opinions on that 2.

if i could change one thing it would be to increase empathy.if if we all understood our neighbours,our friends,our brothers...some kid in africas position than maybe a difference would be made.i mean we all know that as we sit hear now on our computers that some kid is dying of starvation but as much as we dont want to admit it we dont really really care.say care enough to go and help and do something about it.im not having a go as how are the bulk of people meant to know what it is like for these 3rd world people?

i am myself guilty,like others

have a nice day everyone

peace