PDA

View Full Version : Chris "Mad Dog" Russo is about a 4.5

blubber
08-07-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm sure there are a few others out there who listen to his show and are interested in this. Russo is cohost of the "Mike and the Mad Dog" sports show on radio and TV. He's an excitable goober who talks about tennis every now and then, including his own game. In the past he's said he isn't very good and that he gets beaten by old guys. I've always wondered what his NTRP level is, I figured he was between a 3.5 and 4.0. Well today he mentioned that he was looking for someone to play with while on location in Albany and he insisted that only 4.5s should call in. As a strugglng 3.5, I must say that I'm a little upset that a doofus like Doggy is better than me. I guess that gives me more motivation to get better.

tennisnj
08-07-2006, 06:44 PM
If Chris Russo is a 4.5, then I must re-think my 5.5 & bump myself up to 7.0 without paying someone off lol. I've been at a country club charity outing where he was 'playing' if you can call it that. He's a 3.5 at best & that's if the rater has been drinking before evaluating Russo. He's no different on the radio as he is on the tennis court, an absolute GOOBER & a terrible host. He was @ the Open 1 year doing his show & I just kept on walking. I believe it was @ that time I switched to ESPN Radio.

blubber
08-07-2006, 09:14 PM
He made it sound like he was at least a 4.5. He insisted that anyone who called in to play him be at minimum 4.5 NTRP rated player. He said something like no "3.5s, no 4.0s, I don't want to be bored." I almost believed him too because I know he's got money (I read that he makes almost $1.5 million), he's got plenty of free time and he's nuts about tennis. Plus he seems to be in good shape for his age. I feel much better about my game now knowing he's just being a blowhard like usual.