PDA

View Full Version : Balls in Toronto . . .

bsandy
08-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Did anyone notice they are using Penn ATP balls in Toronto.

I thought they would us Wilson US Opens the whole series.

. . . Bud

thejackal
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Those balls are really really bouncy. Played with them at the Rogers Cup in Montreal last year. Look for Nadal to go far again.

foetz
08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Did anyone notice they are using Penn ATP balls in Toronto.

I thought they would us Wilson US Opens the whole series.

. . . Bud

these are the official masters series balls played at all 9.

maverick66
08-07-2006, 06:49 PM
i hate penn balls so much. i dont know how pros are using them. i played a tourny with them and busted 2 of them. i know i hit hard but i would imagine that a top 50 pro would hit just as hard if not harder.

TrueAce
08-07-2006, 07:11 PM
why don't the pros use dunlop....They're easily the best ball...

Richie Rich
08-07-2006, 07:17 PM
i think dunlops are a little on the heavy side so they are not preferred by the pros.

the atp penn balls are pretty decent, at least the couple of cans i have used recently. consistent wear, durable, good bounce. i prefer dunlop grand prix myself but the penn balls are decent - miles better than wilson us open.

maverick66
08-07-2006, 07:18 PM
disagree about penn better than wilson. wilson balls are the only thing they do good.

Richie Rich
08-07-2006, 07:25 PM
disagree about penn better than wilson. wilson balls are the only thing they do good.
so you like balls that fluff up after 10 hits and then go bald after 1 set :wink:

mctennis
08-08-2006, 06:14 AM
Buy Penn. They are the only ones made in the USA.
The tournament balls are tougher and seem to have a higher pressure in them. I had some of the ATP ones from Cincinnati last year.

bsandy
08-08-2006, 11:44 AM
The tournament balls are tougher and seem to have a higher pressure in them.

I do not believe this is true.

. . . Bud

bsandy
08-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Buy Penn. They are the only ones made in the USA.

This I do agree with.

When I yell "Go In Ball!" I don't think the Chinese balls understand me.

. . . Bud

Askmeo88
08-08-2006, 12:57 PM
There are definitely major quality differences between the "Championship" balls from Penn (avoid like the plague...) and their premium balls: "ProPenn" and "Penn ATP". Although I do still prefer the Dunlop Grand Prix to everything else, I would probably go with Penn's premium stuff over Wilson US Opens.

foetz
08-08-2006, 03:00 PM
i hate penn balls so much. i dont know how pros are using them.

there are quite different penn versions. the atp penns are quite light and hard. once i had cheaper penns and they were the total opposite so penn is not all the same.

tlm
08-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Dunlop is by far the best ball out there,who really thinks they are heavier? I saw that in tennis magazine,there playtesters thought they felt heavier than other balls.

When somebody else brings that pen garbage out i can tell right away they feel heavy+hard.Like someone else pointed out wilson go bald fast.I think that dunlop is in first by a long shot.

armand
08-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I use ProPenn in our home games in our league. They ain't as good as Dunlops, but sure as hell they're better than any Wilson balls. Uh, when we visit teams that provide Wilson US Opens, there's always a collective groan from my team.

tennisboy87
08-09-2006, 09:25 PM
There are three things you must always remember when you are playing tennis:

1) Move your feet.
2) Keep your eye on the ball.
3) Always play with Penn.

Penn tennis ball. It's the only ball that matters!