PDA

View Full Version : Overgrips

Silentgunz
08-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Does it mean i suck if i can only play with a certain overgrip ?? because i use babolat pro team grip and i play fine but i tryed the wilson pro white one and it threw off my game... i kept hitting it out long and into the net... the grip was realli soft and sticky and i thought it would be good but ionno it messed me up... is it the overgrip or its just me ?

AJK1
08-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Funny you say that, because i like the Babolat overgrip as well, really nice felt sort of feel to it.

snoflewis
08-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Does it mean i suck if i can only play with a certain overgrip ?? because i use babolat pro team grip and i play fine but i tryed the wilson pro white one and it threw off my game... i kept hitting it out long and into the net... the grip was realli soft and sticky and i thought it would be good but ionno it messed me up... is it the overgrip or its just me ?

that's why players use whatever feels most comfortable for them. i dont know how a certain tacky overgrip would throw off your game, but either way, if you're not comfortable with it, why bother using it?

Silentgunz
08-07-2006, 07:13 PM
i dont kno it felt realli soft i thought it would be good

BabolatFan
08-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Do they have the same thickness? I know sometimes when u put on a thicker or thinner overgrip it may throw u off for a bit or feels kinda weird. I'm now testing with a Prince Duratred that's 1mm. I used to play with tourna orig grips that are around .44mm.

AJK1
08-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I think the Babolat is 0.66mm but it feels thicker, like felt, nice.

moopie
08-07-2006, 10:24 PM
I had the exact same experience with using a brand new tacky overgrip. First it was the Babolat Synthetic. Then twice with the Wilson Pro before I realized they were screwing me up.

I still haven't figured out exactly why they mess up my stroke. I think maybe the stickiness causes me not to turn my racquet enough on grip changes. Or maybe my strokes are grooved for a bit of slippage between hand and handle on impact with the ball, but with a sticky overgrip that doesn't happen. But really I have no idea. :(

The good news though is that once the overgrip gets a little dirty they lose their tackiness and the problem should go away.

HAWKEYE
08-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Babolat pro team is one of the best grip I've tried so far. Soft, dry, very absorbent and pretty durable as well. It is 0,55 mm thick not 0,66. And I don't like tacky grips either.