PDA

View Full Version : Gamma permanent pressure balls

winson
08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
I am using tretorn MicroX for my Tennis Tutor Prolite but found the balls to hard. Has anyone used Gamma permanent pressure balls for ball machine or for the game? It says they never lose bounce and do feel as hard as the pressureless balls.

http://www.gammasports.com/Gamma.cfm?ProdID=828

Mark Rainey
08-08-2006, 05:29 AM
I have not used those gamma permanent pressure balls. I use the gamma pressureless balls which I feel last long, but are sort of hard and in hot weather really bounce too much. Have you campared the micro-x to the gamma pressureless?

winson
08-08-2006, 07:55 AM
I am kind of thinking hitting pressureless balls could not help to improve my skill as the timing and the amount of force to hit the ball are not the same as hitting pressurized balls. But for ball machine, normal pressurized balls would be to expensive in the long run as they die and need to be repaced regularly. That's way I am thinking the permanent pressure balls may be a good solution.

sergioboni
08-15-2006, 10:18 PM
I am looking for some informations about these balls too.
This is the production description of them:

GAMMA's Permanent Pressure Tennis Balls are designed for maximum durability, blending the characteristics of pressurized and pressureless balls. These semi-pressurized balls are constructed with a stronger rubber core and a 35% longer lasting felt and have a Lifetime Guarantee to never lose their bounce! Permanent Pressure Tennis Balls are designed for all surfaces and Play Livelier Longer than typical tennis balls.

I am curious about the blending characteristics and durability(since this is not so clear). How many time do they last? What does mean lifetime guarantee to never loose bounce, i mean, how many time they are talking about?

I just bought an lobster ball machine and i am looking for the best balls for use in it. I live in Brazil, therefore i can`t buy a single can of these balls to try. I`ll appreciate any comments.

regards

rasajadad
08-16-2006, 03:11 AM
I have commented in the past about the other Gamma pressure balls. I thought they lasted an extremely long time. They kept their liveliness for weeks, but were a little on the harder side. From the ads, the ones I used are a lot less exoensive. Haven't tried these Permanent Pressure yet.

FuriousYellow
08-16-2006, 09:27 PM
I have some of the Gamma Permanent Pressure balls. They suck! They do last long, but they're as hard as rocks.

The Gamma pressureless balls are terrible too. So many of the ones I got were lopsided.

The "Trainer" practice balles were better and cheaper, but they get really bouncy once the fuzz wears off. They're much easier on the arm though.

mctennis
08-16-2006, 09:30 PM
I didn't like the Gamma presserless ones. I bought a different brand and I liked them better. I use the presserless ones in my ball machine. I hate using regular ones in the machine because they never last more than a week, if that. Try W A L M A R T. I found some in small netted bags in that store under the tennis racquets.

sergioboni
08-17-2006, 10:00 AM
I have some of the Gamma Permanent Pressure balls. They suck! They do last long, but they're as hard as rocks.

The Gamma pressureless balls are terrible too. So many of the ones I got were lopsided.

The "Trainer" practice balles were better and cheaper, but they get really bouncy once the fuzz wears off. They're much easier on the arm though.

Despite these facts. If you had to choose between Gamma Permanent Pressure and Gamma Pressureless balls to use with a ball machine, wich one would you choose?

tennis-skater
08-17-2006, 11:39 AM
haha at my club they have gamma pressure balls and about ever 500 of them comes along a SOLID! tennis ball there pretty funny they weigh about 3 pounds and its solid all the way through i was serving and i picked it up and thought it felt a bit heavy and i served it and it like killed my arm. but their not too bad of balls

zhan
08-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Tretorn Micro X
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002QXWLG/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/103-7460644-5437441?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=3375251
I heard its the best

tennisfan
08-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I use the gamma perm press in my machine and they have been fine. They are a bit heavier and my returns seem slower. My serves with these are definately slower but the best side effect is you can crush a regular tennis ball when you play. It's kinda like swinging a bat with a weight on it to improve your swing speed. I think they are great for training. I have a set that are two years old and they still bounce, although they look like they could use the "hair club for men".