PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Tutor Prolite

Chit n China
08-08-2006, 04:56 AM
I haven't found any reviews of the Tennis Tutor Prolite, but see that some folks in this forum own one.

So can I ask you a few questions? Does it shoot balls hard enough for both baseline work and volley work? 60 mph seems a bit slow for a serious work out - but I haven't seen so don't really know.

I understand ideally I'd get the spin option, but all of the ball machines with spin are a bit too large for my uses and pricey too. Is it good enough though it doesn't have the spin option?

If you've own one for a while are you still challenged by it? Is it worth the investment or are you wishing you'd bought one with both spin and oscillation or one with just more speed like the Tennis Tutor (max 85 mph)?

Thanks, Derek

winson
08-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I have one with A/C power and it works fine. But it doesn't comes with a built-in trolley. It is quite bulky and heavy to carry along by hand. The speed stills challenge my backhand (and sometimes forehard too if I am not concentrated). Hitting with the oscillation is very demanding for me. I've heard that the playing time of battery-powered model is not very long, something within an hour. I think the remote control is essential.

Court_Jester
08-09-2006, 07:21 AM
I've heard that the playing time of battery-powered model is not very long, something within an hour.
Uh, no. Whoever said it is wrong. I use it for 2 hours every time and I don't see any reduction in ejection speed or feed rate during that time. You should be able to get 3 hours on a fully-charged battery. But then, I don't leave the machine on while I gather all the balls.

I think the remote control is essential.
A remote is nice and all but for me, a short jog to and from the machine is part of the workout.

Chit n China
08-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks to both of you for your input. It's helpful.

One other question: how does it do on throwing lobs? Over-heads is the one stroke I really need to work on. Can you set it to oscillate and throw lobs at the same time? Thanks, Derek

josef
09-21-2006, 11:31 AM
i also am interested in this.. for the tennis tutor prolite, can it toss some pretty decent lobs?

also, when upping the speed, does it just throw the balls out of bounds since it does not offer topspin?

i greatly appreciate any input.. thanks!!