PDA

View Full Version : Any guitar players?

max
08-08-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm just curious; do you play? I just bought this summer a new Guild GAD 50; great sounds.

anirut
08-08-2006, 07:16 AM
I have the OLP of MusicMan Axis. It's supposed to be a licensed replica but with a tremolo arm. I actually prefer a hard tail. A smooth playing axe I should say. (I don't really care if it was really licensed or not; I can't afford the real MusicMan Axis anyway.)

The frets are worn, though, and I've removed the neck. Been lying around waiting to be re-fretted.

Muse
08-08-2006, 12:52 PM
I've got a Schecter C1 Classic and a Squier strat that i'm gonna completely transform (new neck/pickups, paint the body) for electrics, and some really crappy pawn store acoustic.

Dilettante
08-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Me.

I'll upload a file recorded in my PC or something. Just me playing crappy.

GRANITECHIEF
08-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah, here is a vid of a little piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIDss4_IoaQ

Not sure why they got my name wrong.

bluegrasser
08-08-2006, 02:56 PM
I play a tele..

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 03:05 PM
piano is better then guitar :D

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-08-2006, 03:09 PM
I play an Epiphone sheraton archtop II.

I plan on getting a fender strat soon.

I have taught myself how to play I sound great!

I play blues/rock. A combination of the two.

My uncle is 52 and taught himeself when he was 13 and can play any song and sound just like Hendrix. Seriously.

He helps me alot from time to time.

I have been playing for 2 years now.

I love the guitar.

Hendrix is my idol.

Trinity TC
08-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Yah, I play bit.:cool:

Z-Man
08-08-2006, 08:30 PM
You can hear a sample of my band at
http://myspace.com/therubesga

I'm a big Larrivee fan, but I also play a strat. Every now and then I break out a Gretsch White Falcon my wife gave me as a wedding present.

anirut
08-08-2006, 08:40 PM
piano is better then guitar :D

I have problems with the piano ... I can't bend the strings to "howl" the notes ...

And when I want to be left alone, I just play the piano ... people'll run away ... :mrgreen:

drakulie
08-09-2006, 06:03 AM
I play. Have a one piece Charvel by Jackson, and old Fender tube amp.

nautika721
08-09-2006, 08:11 AM
I used to play a lot but not so much since I've been in college. I play electric with a 97 Gibson Les Paul Studio double cutaway and a newer Les Paul Studio Plus. My amp is a Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier with a 4x12 recto cab. Needless to say, I play heavy and I like to cut the mids. I'm also a big fan of my Dunlop CryBaby wah.

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 08:15 AM
I used to play quite a bit, but now, not so much. I have a Fender Jaguar and old old acoustic that I pretty much changed everything on.

Ace
08-09-2006, 10:07 AM
I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom, an ESP Mirage Deluxe, and a Takamine Electric-Acoustic.
I have a Randall half-stack, and a Digitech GSP 5 processor.

All of which have been collecting dust for over 10 years.

drakulie
08-09-2006, 10:17 AM
ace how much you want for the Les Paul? What year is it, and color? Is it a sunburst?

Ace
08-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Lol!!!!

Yes, it has been collecting dust for over 10 years, but I am unable to part with any of it!

The Les Paul Custom is very nice.....its is black and silver sunburst ("Silverburst"). I've never seen the color before or since.

Here's what it looks like (this is not mine, just showing you the color, mines in good shape):
http://imageevent.com/firstflight/gibsonlespaulcustomsilverburst?n=0

I forget what year it is, I looked up the Serial Number a long time ago, but have since forgot, I think its from the 80's...maybe 81? Not sure.

Sorry, it is not for sale.

Trinity TC
08-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Howdy Ace,

Kool gear. The Les Paul Silverburst was issued back in 1979. Haven't played in ten years? Things have changed. I've got a Mac and some software which I haven't set up yet...but it has the potential to be a cheap, compact digital recording setup. I sold all of my old amps and rig except for a little 1964 Silvertone amp with a retractable record player in the back. :p

mabuhay
08-09-2006, 03:12 PM
I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom, an ESP Mirage Deluxe, and a Takamine Electric-Acoustic.
I have a Randall half-stack, and a Digitech GSP 5 processor.

All of which have been collecting dust for over 10 years.

wow! les paul and takamine...lol! just what i wanted, are they on **** yet? hahaha, j/k :)

Trinity TC
08-09-2006, 04:02 PM
I couldn't resist this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPcyAOLflO4

...or if it's raining outside and you wanna practice your sweep picking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODidrZVils

300Gkid
08-09-2006, 07:03 PM
yea i play a bit, fender japan strat from about 89' and a Vox Valvetronix 30watt amp (louder than it seems)

Ace
08-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Howdy Ace,

Kool gear. The Les Paul Silverburst was issued back in 1979. Haven't played in ten years? Things have changed. I've got a Mac and some software which I haven't set up yet...but it has the potential to be a cheap, compact digital recording setup. I sold all of my old amps and rig except for a little 1964 Silvertone amp with a retractable record player in the back. :p

Yeah, I like the "Cakewalk" software, and have fooled around with it in the past. Puts my old cassette-based 8-track recorder to shame!

I am not that interested in playing any more, but I can't part with any of my stuff.... I'm just not as good as I used to be, can't remember any songs, would rather be out playing tennis than inside learning to play again.

Somebody started a thread here earlier about "tennis burnout" and what causes it....well, I just have "guitar burnout". I used to be pretty good, theres just other stuff that interests me now.

One thing that I did see a few years ago, was a processor that made a guy's guitar sound just like a piano when he was playing. It was very cool. He sounded like a concert pianist.

Ben42
08-10-2006, 07:44 AM
I used to have a nice black lefty American Standard Strat, but it was stolen. Now I just have a crappy Korean Fender acoustic that's so freaking buzzy it drives me crazy.

But I'm not a good enough player to get a better guitar. It would just be wasted on me.

backcourt
08-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm just curious; do you play? I just bought this summer a new Guild GAD 50; great sounds.
Glad to hear it. I'm a lefty and that Guild is one of the few lefty solid body and top acoustics in the mid price range I have come across. Haven't played one yet, but every guild acoustic I've picked up at music stores has played really sweetly. I play a Washburn 12s acoustic, which has great tone but hope to buy a guild some day. Feel I have to get better first.

xtremerunnerars
08-10-2006, 09:34 AM
I play, almost for a year now. A washburn acoustic, and a fender american strat. I also have a squier strat, with rolling rock graphics on it (my uncle won it at a rolling rock concert)

Viper
08-10-2006, 10:03 AM
I have a Fender Strat, but I have to get it replaced under warranty

federer_nadal
03-17-2007, 07:29 AM
I didnt want to start a new thread but i was wondering does anyone have any tips for self teaching?
I have tried lessons with a teacher at school but he could never remember my name and he never taught me anything and it put me off but now i am back and going to teach myself, i have learn a Dance Dance by fall out boy in about 3 hours so i think im doing alright.
I just want to know if there are any tips or websites that i can visit that will help me get better.

Andres
03-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Do I play guitar? Yes, I do.
Am I a guitar player? HELL NO!! :p

looseswing
03-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I used to play guitar, and this thread kind of got me interested in it again. Any recommendations for guitar books for beginners; I threw away my old ones.

bluegrasser
03-17-2007, 04:32 PM
I didnt want to start a new thread but i was wondering does anyone have any tips for self teaching?
I have tried lessons with a teacher at school but he could never remember my name and he never taught me anything and it put me off but now i am back and going to teach myself, i have learn a Dance Dance by fall out boy in about 3 hours so i think im doing alright.
I just want to know if there are any tips or websites that i can visit that will help me get better.

There's tons of good material ( books, videos, internet free stuff) out there. The question is what style do you want to learn - ' Elderly Music' has quite a lot of instruction material in all styles of music.

nViATi
03-17-2007, 05:25 PM
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4905/mg9750copyme0.jpg

:)

retrowagen
03-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Bass guitar for me. At present, I have a 1966 Eko Modello 995 violin bass. I'm just a beginner, but having a blast with it!

Borat
03-17-2007, 09:57 PM
I have a strat. What do you guys play? Genre, artist covers, etc? I play blues and classic rock, mostly hendrix.

9000tennis
03-18-2007, 05:28 AM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9819/guitarvg9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

My guitar:)

chlsmo
03-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Well, I guess you'd have to call me a professional guitarist. My guitaring pays all my bills (including tennis). Well, I should say it pays for everything but my student loan payments. I teach mostly, but also take up any gigs I have time for. I'm also a full-time Bachelor's Degree student at M.I. (Musician's Institute) in Hollywood.

I too am suffering from a little bit of guitar/music burnout. I'm almost 25 and have been playing almost everyday since I was 10 or 11. I was going crazy until I found Tennis.

Rock On everyone!

P.S. I have: 1986 Gibson Les Paul, 1990 Gibson Les Paul, 2005 62' Vintage American Strat, and a Warwick Corvette Bass. Don't get me started on amps or guitars I have owned in the past...

chlsmo
03-19-2007, 02:12 AM
P.S. again I thought this was Funny! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_tuLEmWccM)