PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Sponsored?

uxnaitoahz
08-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Is anyone on this forum sponsored by a company (Wilson, Head, Babolat, etc...) ? If so, how did you come across that opportunity?

bsandy
08-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Talk to your local pro.

Tecnifibre has a form on thier website.

chiru
08-08-2006, 11:55 AM
im not sponsored, but they have a page, if you just search like wilson and sponsorships on google you'll find stuff. you have to be well ranked and stuff, like top 5 state, top so many in country to get sponsored.

Jonnyf
Eh prokennex through their sponosor manager and kinda Fila through my club who as a deal with them , truthfully im awaiting the stuff but i'd be getting a massive discount

md3113
Most company websites have some information on how to apply for the preferred player program. You can email Wilson or Babolat and ask, and the player rep responds within a few days. Getting sponsored with free gear is much more difficult, if you were good enough to get free stuff you would probobly already know who to talk to.

uxnaitoahz
08-08-2006, 01:42 PM
So you guys are all sponsored? BTW on the Tecnifibre site they have a section called Retail Account Affiliation, is this where I give them my local shop information (*******sports)?

snoflewis
08-08-2006, 02:22 PM
So you guys are all sponsored? BTW on the Tecnifibre site they have a section called Retail Account Affiliation, is this where I give them my local shop information (*******sports)?

there are very few players sponsored on these boards and most of them are preferred player's deals, not full sponsorships. the only person that i know of on these boards that has a full sponsorship (free gear) is SydneyJim. but there are several coaches here that have sponsors from racket companies.

Lakoste
08-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Eh prokennex through their sponosor manager and kinda Fila through my club who as a deal with them , truthfully im awaiting the stuff but i'd be getting a massive discount
You haven't got the PK stuff yet? I remember you posting about that a LONG time ago:confused:

zhan
08-08-2006, 02:41 PM
sydney jim says u have to be ranked top 400 in the world to get free stuff from firms like adidas and babolat

Jonnyf
08-08-2006, 02:57 PM
You haven't got the PK stuff yet? I remember you posting about that a LONG time ago:confused:

Oh no ofcouse i hav, i meant the fila

Mike Danger
08-08-2006, 03:16 PM
so what if you play with a head pt630, will they give you PJ's?

maynardsson55
08-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Easy answer. If a junior, be top 20 in your state or better. That's what my wilson rep told me this year. I've got a girl that is close and they told her they could only give her a good price for a player's "package". He said they were losing tons of $ just giving lots of sponsorships out b/c not everyone turns out to be Fed or Roddick,etc..Just like most people the sponsored ones were taking a little too much advantage of the situation. e.g. asking for more rackets string,etc.

NoBadMojo
08-08-2006, 05:04 PM
If i were you guys I wouldnt worry about sponsorships and would worry about playing better tennis..the only ones that are really worth it are the free list ones and those arent so easy to come by in spite of what you may hear..you have to a make a noticeable positive impact on their sales.....ie they need an economic reason to sponsor you which would be you are the dtr of tennnis at a good volume racquet club or you are nationally ranked in some division. being on the racquet advisory is even better. preferred packages lock you into a company and the deals arent reallly that good, but I guess you can say you are sponsored and i guess you would be in a way. diff companies have diff guidelines. the more you contribute to sales, the more respected and well liked and well known you are, the more free stuff you get
this gets posted a lot on the forum so do a search, but know there are lots of misconceptions and bad info on here

Freedom
08-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Is anyone on this forum sponsored by a company (Wilson, Head, Babolat, etc...) ? If so, how did you come across that opportunity?

Make a video (a montage, if you will) that shows off all your strokes, as well as your exciting, marketable persona. Image is everything, you know. Then send it in. On the side of the tape (VHS shows professionalism. DVD just says 'amatuer' all over it.) write "SPONZOR ME PLZ!" in big black Sharpie. Write them a letter on loose-leaf college-bound paper (remember: IMAGE) that tells them why they should sponsor you. Then call the head of the company numerous times a day, to show your determination and dedication to your dream. Leave him/her lots of voice mails too. Hysterical begging is always appreciated.

md3113
08-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Some companies have better preferred package deals than others, but they also change. I used to play be with Babolat but their new prices are no where near as good as they were in 2002 when i first got it. Rackets used to be 69 each, now they're 110. I wanted to get some new frames as my old ones were getting beat up, and I switched to the company that sponsors my school with clothes and court materials. They had a separate college deal(for affiliated schools) which was better then the preferred package deal, but still not free. Again, if you are good enough to be on a free list, companies would be approaching you or coaches would be pointing you in the right direction.

uxnaitoahz
08-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Please don't get the wrong idea. I am not good enough to be sponsored as in get free stuff... maybe a preferred player program. A friend of mine has a preferred player package from Wilson. I was just wondering if it is common. I asked him to buy a few frames for me.

Stringer_Steve
08-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I am on Head's Advisory Staff. I recieved the following package:
3 Flexpoint Prestige Mids
1 Super Combi Team Tour Bag
2 Shirts
2 Shorts
1 Warm Up
10 Sets of FXP string
2 pairs of New Balance Shoes
1 Hat
1 Stencil w/ Ink
I am also a new member of the Kirschbaum Advisory Staff, which includes 30 free sets of Kirschbaum string of my choice and various other schwag. :)
The perks of working at a tennis specialty reail store are good.

uxnaitoahz
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Out of curiousity, how good are you?

Stringer_Steve
08-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Out of curiousity, how good are you?
Like I said, I have my job to thank for this. However, we sell a LOT of product for these companies, so they are happy to take care of us.

uxnaitoahz
08-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Now how does your sponsorship work? Do you get gear at your request?

Stringer_Steve
08-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Now how does your sponsorship work? Do you get gear at your request?
No, they don't work like that (and I even have the more desired Advisory Staff position). Like I said, I recieved the package I listed, and that was for this year. Next year, if I re-sign with them, I would recieve another package of the same.
Reps have a set number of rackets that they can "give away" to teaching pros, sponsored players, etc. When they are gone, they are gone for that year. It's not like you get a sponsorship and you have carte blanche for whatever you want/ask for. I'm sure the tour level players get racquets more often, but they are a different level of sponsorship.
Having said that, my Head rep is a very good guy and I'm sure if I really legitimately needed something, he would do his best to help me in any way he could.

chrisplchs
08-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Reps can give away stuff to people.. get on the good side of one and he will take care of you

also, if you play for a top 25 college team, no matter what number but as longas you are on the team, you will get really good prices on racquets and other gear

maverick66
08-09-2006, 05:30 AM
also, if you play for a top 25 college team, no matter what number but as longas you are on the team, you will get really good prices on racquets and other gear

i was told all top college coaches beg there players to use babolat as they give the best deals to colleges. i have a friend who played for ohio state and they were ****ed when he used head because it cost more.

uxnaitoahz
08-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Get a paint job... haha

magilligan
08-09-2006, 11:08 AM
adidas has a preffered player program called Adiplayer taht has some pretty good deals, i.e. $60 barricades. check it out at www.adiplayer.com

TrueAce
08-09-2006, 04:00 PM
anyone have a link to yonex's preffered player program for discounted racquets...I'm trying to search but nothing specific so far with a link...thanks

uxnaitoahz
08-09-2006, 07:19 PM
The easiest way is to become a teaching pro. Funniest thing... I can beat one of the new pros at my club.

schaefferm46
08-09-2006, 08:16 PM
i agree wiht stringer steve. i work at a tennis store and i get everything for cost + a few free racquets a year. and some GREAT deals on adidas clothing much better then the adi player so yea working at a tennis store always helps.

uxnaitoahz
08-09-2006, 08:33 PM
That or ask your friend who is sponsored to order stuff for you. Sponsored as in getting a 50-75% discount... :mrgreen:

snoflewis
08-09-2006, 09:13 PM
if you're worried about preferred player deals...you can find rackets for similar price if you know where to go. i think someone on these boards said that n6.1s are $110 plus shipping...but my local shop had them for $120. similar prices w/ other rackets as well.

Stringer_Steve
08-09-2006, 09:25 PM
That or ask your friend who is sponsored to order stuff for you. Sponsored as in getting a 50-75% discount... :mrgreen:
Again, being sponsored or on a prefered list is not an endless pipeline of gear. There are limits to what you can get, and quantities. Companies are not naive and they know when a prefered player all of a sudden starts ordering frames other than the model they play with or in different grip sizes, that they more than likely are getting gear for others. This is not a practice that is looked upon as acceptable. Afterall, that is what authorized dealers are for.
All I am saying is, don't expect to have unlimited access to whatever you want, just because you have a connection to a sponsored player/staff member.

ripcontrol
08-10-2006, 03:25 AM
I'm 14 and i used to be sponsored by head but i have just recently moved to fischer, gamma and lotto. i was playing a tournment and the fischer rep aproached me with a deal of 3 free rackets so i accepted lol.

verdasco67
08-10-2006, 03:49 AM
i am currently under contract with wilson. i get 6 racquets, strings, grips clothing.

verdasco67
08-10-2006, 03:55 AM
they want to see results, ranking and stuff like that...if they dont come to you u go to them..email, phone them...i would suggest giving them a tennis resume..most companies will ask for one or something like a resume.

Andres
08-10-2006, 10:52 AM
sydney jim says u have to be ranked top 400 in the world to get free stuff from firms like adidas and babolat
But he's not... :rolleyes:

Volly master
08-10-2006, 10:54 AM
wasnt Jim one of the top Juniors in the top 5 a few years ago. isnt that what he said that brought the attention that the big compaines suddenly saw in him.

SDTENNIS
08-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Is there a link to apply for a babolat preferred player sponsorship....What are the qualifications for the Junior Babolat Preferred Player

chrisplchs
08-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Jim was one of the top juniors. I know he was ranked top 15 nationally but his seeding was top 5 as a lot of tournaments he played were in higher classifications.

Also, if you are a URM, then you could get sponsored more easily as getting sponsored for companies isn't really a way for them to give back (which they might say) but for them to sell more products

Dunlopkid
08-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Couple questions:

1. You have to be 18 to be USPTA certified, right?

2. Do ALL companies recognize USPTA certifications, or just Head?

3. If yes, is it a complete sponsorship or preferred player?

Thanks guys.

goblake14
08-10-2006, 04:49 PM
I believe that USPTA only gets you a preferred deal with Head and Lotto.

mJeez4293
08-10-2006, 05:04 PM
you have to email babolat. you have to be top 150 in the nation or top 10 in section for the past three months.

uxnaitoahz
08-10-2006, 05:59 PM
USPTA

Categories of membership

Professional-level requirements

Upon passing the exam, you become certified as a professional. The certification ratings from entry level to most advanced and prerequisites are:

Professional 3

* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must pass all portions of the Certification Exam at the Pro 3 level or higher
* Must have an NTRP of 4.0 or higher
* Not required to have tennis-teaching experience

Professional 2

* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must pass all portions of the Certification Exam at the Pro 2 level or higher
* Must have an NTRP of 4.0 or higher
* Must demonstrate teaching ability through apprenticeship or teaching experience

Professional 1

* Must be 22 years of age or older
* Must pass all portions of the Certification Exam at the Pro 1 level or higher
* Must have an NTRP of 4.5 or higher
* Must have three years or five seasons of full-time teaching experience

uxnaitoahz
08-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Is anyone here a certified pro?

Dunlopkid
08-11-2006, 03:52 AM
To become certified you have to take a test right? Is it just written or what?

chrisplchs
08-11-2006, 07:09 AM
i believe the test is partly written, partly analysis and partly hands on

SFrazeur
08-11-2006, 07:58 AM
The easiest way is to become a teaching pro. Funniest thing... I can beat one of the new pros at my club.

Great players do not necessarily make great instructors, and vise, versa.

The truly funniest thing is, that while you can beat an instructor, an

instructor could teach you to beat him and others faster and better.

setpoint
08-13-2006, 05:32 AM
i have a sponsership with head. I live in spain. Here in spain theres scouts or you can also get it through your tennis club, but its not that easy

gb93433
08-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Great players do not necessarily make great instructors, and vise, versa.

The truly funniest thing is, that while you can beat an instructor, an

instructor could teach you to beat him and others faster and better.

That is true in quite a number of things. Usually those who have struggled with something find ways to solve the problem for themselves and become the best teachers.

Coqui
08-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Kirschbaum Has a very fast sponsorship program. Go to their site www.kirschbaumusa.com and apply at sponsoring.
They usually sponsor junior players with ITF and National ranking.

SFrazeur
08-14-2006, 11:51 AM
That is true in quite a number of things. Usually those who have struggled with something find ways to solve the problem for themselves and become the best teachers.

Yes, that is the way it was for me. If I had beena natural at tennis I would

not be as good of an instructor as I am, now.

SFrazeur
08-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Kirschbaum Has a very fast sponsorship program. Go to their site www.kirschbaumusa.com (http://www.kirschbaumusa.com) and apply at sponsoring.
They usually sponsor junior players with ITF and National ranking.

If you go with Kirschbaum, be aware that their logo is a cherry.

Dunlopkid
08-15-2006, 03:16 AM
If you go with Kirschbaum, be aware that their logo is a cherry.

LOL.

Tennis_Nickmo
08-15-2006, 04:02 AM
I've got a preferred player sponsorship with Volkl. The rep was down at my club, and asked if I would be interested in signing a two year contract with them, for a 40% discount on all Volkl goods. He didn't ask for any evidence of results or ranking, which was a good thing, because I haven't played tournaments regularly for two years now, so my ranking is ****!

Dunlopkid
08-15-2006, 04:35 AM
Good for you. Is your club really large? I'm sure that wouldn't happen to me. Our club is small and it only sells two brands (Head and Prince) anyway.

300Gkid
08-17-2006, 02:35 PM
i think ur lucky, we used to have a rep from Dunlop but now we have................zip, i wish my club sold anything, i have to get anything tenis related online

Dunlopkid
08-17-2006, 03:25 PM
I have a preferred player form, but does anybody know what kind of deals they give? Also, is it true that Volkl gives them to everybody?

magilligan
08-17-2006, 03:30 PM
I have a preferred player form, but does anybody know what kind of deals they give? Also, is it true that Volkl gives them to everybody?

It's not, i just got an email back from the volkl rep today asking pretty much the same question.

Here's the reply:

We fully sponsor juniors who are top 5 in their section and top 20 in
the nation
We offer reduced price product for top 20 in the section and top 50
in the nation

Please visit the following link to apply for sponsorship
We will then follow up with you to discuss sponsorship possibilities . ..

http://www.volkl.com/tennis/us_team_volkl/junior_page.html

Take care

Thanks for your interest in Volkl Tennis!

thebosher
08-17-2006, 03:34 PM
They give out preffered pricing also to any high school tennis player look at this web page http://www.volkl.com/tennis/us_team_volkl/hs_page.html

thebosher
08-17-2006, 03:35 PM
I am just curious do you have to get a specific to get the 40% off or do you just get 40% off everything

SydneyJim
08-17-2006, 03:56 PM
be good? haha

no seriously, be good =b

Nickswh
08-17-2006, 04:21 PM
There isn't much to do. Usually they contact you. I am sponsored by Prince, but unfortunately I am trying out the Babolat Pure Control. I get string, shoes, and rackets but not very often. They used to do it monthly but now its just randomly or when I ask. I have about 16 diablos but I am about to sell all of them because I LOVE this pure control! But honestly I don't think I will be sponsored by Babolat because my ranking is not high enough. You can always get preferred...

SDTENNIS
08-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I want to get a preferred player contract with babolat...what are the requirements and contract details...anyone who knows information would be greatly appreciated! thanks

thebosher
08-17-2006, 04:56 PM
top 200 in the nation or top 5 in state for preffered player for babolat

SDTENNIS
08-17-2006, 06:57 PM
do you know what's included in the package. and pricing and stuff?

chrisplchs
08-17-2006, 07:01 PM
For babolat.. it all depends on your rep.. a local shop owner's wife got sponsored with 4 free racquets, bag, dozen strings and 6 packs of overgrips because our rep is awesome

SDTENNIS
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
um i was responding to thebosher 's post...all preferred players packages are the same...and they are all directly through the company as i have known.

chrisplchs
08-17-2006, 07:51 PM
thats the standard package from babolat for "influencers" according to their words.. i saw the contract today.. you get either one of two packages:
4 racquets, bag, dozen strings and 6 packs of grips or 3 racquets, two shoes, bag, dozen strings and 6 packs of grips..

SDTENNIS
08-17-2006, 08:19 PM
is there anyway you can find me an application...since i qualify i am having trouble e mailing babolat and what are the prices

thebosher
08-18-2006, 05:15 AM
try calling them up they respond faster that way their number is 1-877-316-9435

chrisplchs
08-18-2006, 06:08 AM
Those were the packages that they give you for free for meeting certain "qualifications".

I don't know exact details about the "preferred pricing" programs

also, there is no application. you can send them an email or whatnot telling about your ranking etc but i don't believe there is a formal application

Tennis_Nickmo
08-18-2006, 06:17 AM
I think you do have to be of a certain standard or ranking to get a preferred player status with Volkl. I can get 40% off everything I want, but only use it for rackets, grips and balls, as I prefer to wear adidas clothing and shoes.

rayu89
08-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Make a video (a montage, if you will) that shows off all your strokes, as well as your exciting, marketable persona. Image is everything, you know. Then send it in. On the side of the tape (VHS shows professionalism. DVD just says 'amatuer' all over it.) write "SPONZOR ME PLZ!" in big black Sharpie. Write them a letter on loose-leaf college-bound paper (remember: IMAGE) that tells them why they should sponsor you. Then call the head of the company numerous times a day, to show your determination and dedication to your dream. Leave him/her lots of voice mails too. Hysterical begging is always appreciated.

Yeap it is the best solution

Janne
08-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Could someone post the requirements for the preferred players package for Wilson, Head, Prince and Yonex please? :P

thebosher
08-18-2006, 12:11 PM
For Wilson, Head and Prince you have to be either top 200 in the nation or top 5 in your state, and as for Yonex call them up and speak to Derrick Applegate and he will tell you.

jackson vile
08-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Could someone post the requirements for the preferred players package for Wilson, Head, Prince and Yonex please? :P

What is wrong with you people, why are people so lazy, read the damn thread.

Contact them with a quick easy email and they will give you all the forms and any information you want.

End of story

jackson vile
08-18-2006, 03:10 PM
For Wilson, Head and Prince you have to be either top 200 in the nation or top 5 in your state, and as for Yonex call them up and speak to Derrick Applegate and he will tell you.

That is not for prefered player, that is for sponsorship

thebosher
08-18-2006, 05:19 PM
No that is for being a preffered player, you should call them it looks good if you think you are good enough

Janne
08-18-2006, 05:28 PM
What is wrong with you people, why are people so lazy, read the damn thread.

I´m being lazy for various reasons and thought that it would be less troublesome to just ask here instead of sending mails to the different companies.

Rodical
08-18-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm currently being sponsored by Barbolat. Roddick is the number 1. I got this opportunity by the Rod.

jackson vile
08-18-2006, 08:54 PM
No that is for being a preffered player, you should call them it looks good if you think you are good enough

Read the post, they say other wise that would be max 250 people in our whole nation that have just a preffered player sponsorship which does not even give you anything for free.

And most of the people on this thread that got it were not top 200 or top 5 in state.

Now for a player sponsorship where they give you are stuff for free, you are correct on that

rayu89
08-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm currently being sponsored by Barbolat. Roddick is the number 1. I got this opportunity by the Rod.

How you got this opportunity??

Dunlopkid
08-19-2006, 01:19 PM
What about these small string brands that no one (except for the loyal tennis junkies on this board) have heard of? Wouldn't companies such as Leopard, BDE, Titan, Alpha, Signum Pro, Toalson, and Unique give away packages. I know this would help cut the cost of stringing for me greatly. Anybody know the requirments of these companies?

thebosher
08-19-2006, 01:22 PM
There isn't really that hard of requirments for those smaller stringing companies you should try and e-mail them or call them. Good luck.
Wouldn't Nadal be the number 1

chrisplchs
08-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Unique and Alpha don't sponsor people

unless you are a tour pro

Dunlopkid
08-20-2006, 04:21 PM
By "not hard requirements" for string companies what do you mean? I just e-mailed a bunch of them, simply asking for forms. Is anyone here sponsored by a string company?

Stringer_Steve
08-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Kirschbaum advisory staff

Dunlopkid
08-21-2006, 02:44 AM
Kirschbaum advisory staff

What does "advisory staff" mean? I know a pro at our club that I've taken lessons from before had a shirt on once that said Head "advisory staff."

Mr.Federer
08-21-2006, 06:30 AM
I know a guy who's sponsored by Lacoste...he got 3 different outfits and 10 000$.

LudaKrisKG
08-21-2006, 06:37 AM
I'm sponsored my Yonex
one of the reps saw meplaying at a tournament
we started talking and he just offered it to meon the spot

jackson vile
08-21-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm sponsored my Yonex
one of the reps saw meplaying at a tournament
we started talking and he just offered it to meon the spot

Really, what level are you, and what titles do you hold?

Wildcard
08-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Sorry, but the same response seems to apply for everytime the idea that asking is going to get something for free- " If you have to ask how, it's not going to be happening- those that are sponsored or going to be sponsored, are "

Nadal46
08-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Someone said that in tecnifibre website there's a modul for be sponsorize, can someone post the link?

Duzza
08-24-2006, 02:05 AM
Someone said that in tecnifibre website there's a modul for be sponsorize, can someone post the link?
Well i didn't realise this, but i'm pretty sure you'd have to be able to construct sentences and spell MODEL correctly.

Nadal46
08-24-2006, 03:40 AM
But someone spoke about it can I have tihs link?

Dunlopkid
08-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Just do a search for Tecnifibre.

MMkay5
08-24-2006, 06:33 AM
I know a guy who's sponsored by Lacoste...he got 3 different outfits and 10 000$.

are you joking or serious about your friend, cuz id like to have a sponsorship with lacoste

Nadal46
08-24-2006, 06:48 AM
I proved, they gived to me a modul.You've to answer to some questions and after send it back to France with normal mail.

Progressive10s
08-24-2006, 04:52 PM
This is the best package offer I have seen. Campers at the Old Dominion University (Norfolk, Virginia) were offered this package when they signed up for a week of camp. The PTR and USPTA offers Head preferred packages to their members, and Fischer used to be a part of the PTR program. Certified professionals are free agents because many of them prefer to make their own deals with companies of their choice rather than staying with the company who has the contract with their organization.

http://darrylcummings.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/odu_camp_tecnifibre_offer.pdf

Stringer_Steve
08-24-2006, 06:28 PM
This is the best package offer I have seen. Campers at the Old Dominion University (Norfolk, Virginia) were offered this package when they signed up for a week of camp. The PTR and USPTA offers Head preferred packages to their members, and Fischer used to be a part of the PTR program. Certified professionals are free agents because many of them prefer to make their own deals with companies of their choice rather than staying with the company who has the contract with their organization.

http://darrylcummings.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/odu_camp_tecnifibre_offer.pdf
Those Tecnifibre packages are the same that they offer at the University of Louisville Tennis Camp. Pretty good deal if you ask me

Nadal46
08-25-2006, 12:13 AM
The problem is that I live in Europe---:|

Nblade
08-25-2006, 12:37 AM
why dont you try and get a sponsership with vantage then.

Nadal46
08-25-2006, 12:58 AM
I proved with babolat but....Now I'm in contact for strings and grips with an english string producer...

tennis-skater
08-25-2006, 02:02 AM
what rank are u nadal?

Nadal46
08-25-2006, 02:22 AM
I satrted play tournament this year so I'm actually 4.nc...

Dunlopkid
08-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Those Tecnifibre packages are the same that they offer at the University of Louisville Tennis Camp. Pretty good deal if you ask me

That's great. So... you just attend the camp, and you have the option of getting this discounted gear? Is it Tecnifibre at Lousiville?

Mr.Federer
08-26-2006, 03:57 PM
are you joking or serious about your friend, cuz id like to have a sponsorship with lacoste

I'm serious...and BTW he's not my friend, just a dude I know. The way he got the contract was amazing, he went to florida, played in a club, challenged this dude who was sponsored by Lacoste, beat him and a Lacoste rep signed him. Got 3 outfits and 10 000$

MMkay5
08-26-2006, 06:11 PM
thats so sick dude i gotta get a lacoste sponsorship somehow

Nadal46
08-27-2006, 12:38 AM
What ranking are you?

MMkay5
08-27-2006, 06:49 AM
me? im 130 for new england ive only played 3 tournaments i dont play many tournaments, im 1 for my varsity high school team

goblake14
08-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Interesting note to add, it seems as if Vantage is looking to get into the sponsorship world. Pretty interesting startegy, too.

Welcome to team vantage

We are looking for dedicated players and coaches from all nationalities to become part of our team. We want to hear from all types of player, whatever level you play. From low ranked junior players, to profesional adults, we judge all applicants on more than just results. Dedication, enthusiasm and a desire to improve are just as important to us as recent results or rankings. If you are serious about your sport, take the time to tell us more, and lets start playing as a team.

Taken directly from vantage website.

tennis life
08-27-2006, 05:43 PM
a great way to get good gear from head is get on the good side of Pat Van Der Meer and van der meer tennis academy. I played a 2 week session there and she told my family what a great kid i was and how i was gonna go far in life. I dont exactly have a sponsorship deal from head "not even close" but if i needed a racquet or two she can get that done

Nadal46
08-28-2006, 12:11 AM
What's the vantage website?

Mr.Federer
08-28-2006, 05:38 AM

Why can't you type vantage on yahoo or google or any other company!!!! It's so simple.

SFrazeur
08-28-2006, 06:32 AM

www.vantagetennis.com

Dunlopkid
08-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Wow, that Vantage deal looks like it has the potential to be very good.

thebosher
08-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Are you sponsored by Dunlop
Yes I believe that Vantage racquets are designed by the old Dunlop staff.

Dunlopkid
08-28-2006, 07:19 AM
No I'm not. I play with the m-fil 200 though. Isn't Vantage designed by old Dunlop staff?

Dunlopkid
08-28-2006, 07:27 AM
thebosher,

Are you sponsored by Avery?

thebosher
08-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Yes why and Lotto possibly

Nadal46
08-28-2006, 07:36 AM
I don't ever found the sites, that's the problem, can you find miller?no.

Nadal46
08-28-2006, 07:39 AM
After how much time does the vantage team answer to you?

Dunlopkid
08-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Yes why and Lotto possibly

I looked at your profile, and noticed that you used Avery rackets and strings. What's your ranking?

love15
08-29-2006, 05:17 AM
In South Europe (Spain/Italy) even if you are not a great player you can go trough your coach or your tennis shop.
If your coach has an endorsment he can get you team sponsorship (does mean that you can get discount stuff, basically clothes, not difficoult get TTK or Shot now days).
Regarding raquet if you are selling few for them and they know you , can get discounted directly from the shop.
In past year I get yonex raquets plus bag , strings, and t shirt.
Since I made same deal with Tacchini i get Tacchini clothes for free ( 2 polo 2 shorts 2 bags 6 pair of sox a suit and sneakers).

But Nadal, if you are 4 NC, that means no ranking at all, I think better you learn to play and then go trought....

RGDS

L15

thebosher
08-29-2006, 06:35 AM
How do the rankings work in Europe

Nadal46
08-29-2006, 07:23 AM
To lover15:
First: I can play tennis good, the problem is that there aren't many tournament near here so I can't take part to many.
Second:The price of tournament are 20 euro about 24$
Third:I'm a D serie tennis player.
Fourth. I now have a contract with a website.
And last, I took part to only 2 tournaments.

Nickswh
08-29-2006, 07:25 AM
what does 4 NC mean?

Nadal46
08-29-2006, 07:28 AM
Non classificato
the shorter ranking...:(

thebosher
08-29-2006, 07:52 AM
What website do you have a contract with, and what is a D serie player

Nadal46
08-29-2006, 08:06 AM
From a babolat site.
D serie is......like fourth division of english soccer, you know it?

thebosher
08-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Yes I understand thank you very much

MMkay5
08-29-2006, 10:25 AM
how can i get a babolat sponsorship, im not ranked very high

MMkay5
08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
anything i can write to them to convince them

thebosher
08-29-2006, 12:18 PM
You should try making a video of yourself hitting around, wirte about why you would be a good representation of Babolat stuff like that.

mJeez4293
08-29-2006, 04:44 PM
practice and play alot of tournaments to get your ranking up

vbtennis99
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
It's difficult to get sponsorship with the big companies. I recommend you try the smaller companies like Klip, Kirschbaum, Pro Supex, topspin, signum pro, etc.....

They are more flexible with sponsorships.

how can i get a babolat sponsorship, im not ranked very high

Nadal46
08-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Can someone told me some company not very famous that make custom racket(like vantage)?

slice bh compliment
08-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Work hard and buy your own gear. Help out at a tennis facility and enjoy the discounts. They work you hard, but they understand when you're off to a tournament. Maybe even get to know the shop owner/director and his reps a little bit.

If you are really into tennis, and you feel you might be in it for a while, learn to string. It is a handy skill in college or when playing open tournaments/satellites/futures. Maybe it even helps you get a part-time summer assistant job at a camp or a club or something. One weekend, I did like 14 or 15 racquets in a row for a rep who called on my coach. The rep paid me half in cash and half in frames (1 new and 1 demo).

Play with the sticks, shoes, and strings that fit your game best, regardless of their 'sponsorship policies'.

Train hard. Play well. Get your ranking up. Represent your family well.

The rest will take care of itself.

Nadal46
08-29-2006, 11:59 PM
I traind hard, but I only want to know some site of companies that make custom racket(like vantage)....

slice bh compliment
08-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Okay, so unless your family has major problems affording tennis, what is the big deal about getting "SPONSORED"?

I've seen some pretty wealthy kids around here get a preferred player package (a couple of sticks, some hats, tees, strings and a bag for like $200 instead of $400...maybe some shoes?). And they try to pass it off like they got it all for free 'cause they are ranked in champs or maybe the low end of supers.....and that they are serious players with big futures and their rep is real cool with them. I'm all for optimism and confidence, but....most of these kids can't even beat me.:o

Please. It's a business.

In the old days, you got a ranking and got on a 'free list' or were given a package each year.

The word "sponsored" meant that you played in college and wanted to maybe give turning pro a crack. You found an investor who was willing to bankroll a few trips to play a season or two of circuit events. You'd repay that investor with some of your prize money. Sometimes this investor is your church, a local business, your dad's friend....your dad, or some conglomeration.

Nadal46
08-30-2006, 12:11 AM
I only wnat to know a site that make custom rackets(like vanatagetennis.com)....:(

Steve_El
08-30-2006, 12:45 AM
nadal46: du kommst doch aus deutschland oder? wie wärs mit topspin die machen rackets wie du sie willst!
At all: When every guy, who isn't ranked high, ask a company for a sponsorship they have about 100 askings! and then they sponsor only 50 guys which are ranked high! so improve your skills and climb up the ranking and then ask for a sponsorship!

Nadal46
08-30-2006, 01:05 AM
No, I come from Italy, but I speak a little Deutsch..
I wnat the site only to see the rackets custom...

Steve_El
08-30-2006, 01:06 AM
oh sorry I thought you come from germany!
http://www.topspintennis.de/
The pure series!

Nadal46
08-30-2006, 01:09 AM
No problem, but about sponsor I can send a viedo or something like that...I'm a D serie plyer, not bad for sponsor!

Nadal46
08-30-2006, 01:10 AM
A question, isn't the english site?

DADYO
08-30-2006, 02:15 AM
In South Europe (Spain/Italy) even if you are not a great player you can go trough your coach or your tennis shop.
If your coach has an endorsment he can get you team sponsorship (does mean that you can get discount stuff, basically clothes, not difficoult get TTK or Shot now days).
Regarding raquet if you are selling few for them and they know you , can get discounted directly from the shop.
In past year I get yonex raquets plus bag , strings, and t shirt.
Since I made same deal with Tacchini i get Tacchini clothes for free ( 2 polo 2 shorts 2 bags 6 pair of sox a suit and sneakers).

But Nadal, if you are 4 NC, that means no ranking at all, I think better you learn to play and then go trought....

RGDS

L15

That's exactly what I did with Wilson in Italy, went through my coach.

But you STILL have to have a minimal national ranking and if you're ranking drops over a 2 year period, they take the sponsorship away.

Nadal46
08-30-2006, 02:41 AM
like 4.5?are you from Italy?

DADYO
09-01-2006, 05:00 AM
like 4.5?are you from Italy?

The minimum i think is 4.3 and you'd get 40% off, but since I'm a junior and ranked higher than 4.3 I get 50-60% off

thebosher
09-01-2006, 05:49 AM
From what company

Nadal46
09-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Are you fro Italy?and from what apparel or racket?

love15
09-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Nadal,
you said that you played some tournments this year ?
If you are fairly good next year you should be at least 4.1 or 3.5.
And if you have a coach go trough him to got some discount staff.
if don't, forget it.

When I was 19 (tons of year ago) I went to do the tennis pro in some summer camps in US and there i hardly find out some deals.

The only way is going trough a store, try this www.mistertennis.it they have some player packages.

Nadal46
09-06-2006, 11:06 AM
At 19 years old what ranking did you was?
Are you Italian???

Borat
11-30-2006, 05:34 PM
try vantage!. great racquets and good chance youll get sponsored

Kid Carlos
11-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Ive been with babolat for the last 3 years. I get full everything from racquets to clothes. I also get 60% off Nike as well as free stuff from.

JW10S
11-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I currently have a contract with HEAD/PENN--I get racquets, clothes, shoes, strings, grips and bags. In the past I've had contracts with Wilson, Prince, Adidas, Reebok, Gamma and Gosen. Starting in 2007 I will get free clothes from Ellesse to suppliment what I get from HEAD. You have to give a good reason for companies to give you free gear--they don't just give stuff away for no reason. The reason they do it is for advertising. If you see a good player using a certain brand you may be inclined to buy it. Therefore a sectional, national or international ranking is a must. A teaching pro who is affiliated with a pro shop can also get free gear. As others mentioned many brands have 'preferred player' programs--but you still have to buy the stuff. But even the preferred player deals are often based on ranking.

Dashbarr
11-30-2006, 08:19 PM
im gonna get my ranking up and get sponsored by Head. that would be nice. problem is im in norcal, i have like a million people in front of me.

mJeez4293
12-04-2006, 06:15 AM
haha move to new england. ive got packages from babolat and adidas

Janne
12-04-2006, 06:27 AM
What ranking do you need to have to get a full sponsorship/other type of sponsorship by Head and Adidas?

Dunlopkid
12-04-2006, 06:46 AM
Very high.

WhiteSox05CA
12-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Some websites of companies have applications. I asked this question once before and someone said... If you're good enough, they'll come to you, you don't go to them.
________
Pattaya Heights (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

JW10S
12-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Some websites of companies have applications. I asked this question once before and someone said... If you're good enough, they'll come to you, you don't go to them.True. As I said earlier in this thread I have a contract with HEAD/PENN (frames, clothes, shoes, grips, strings, bags, water bottles, and misc. SWAG) but I routinely get unsolicited offers from Babolat, Prince and Wilson.

xtremerunnerars
12-13-2006, 02:33 PM
JW what level are you?

vbtennis99
12-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Some websites of companies have applications. I asked this question once before and someone said... If you're good enough, they'll come to you, you don't go to them.

If you are interested in getting a sponsorship deal, I would consider contacting the smaller companies/brands. Also, it would be a lot easier to get a string sponsorship than a racquet or clothing sponsorship.

I would take a look at the following websites:

www.ProSupexUSA.com
www.x-factor.com
www.topspintennis.de
www.polyfibre.de

Hope this helps

jdeloach
12-13-2006, 06:14 PM
If you are interested in getting a sponsorship deal, I would consider contacting the smaller companies/brands. Also, it would be a lot easier to get a string sponsorship than a racquet or clothing sponsorship.

I would take a look at the following websites:

www.ProSupexUSA.com
www.x-factor.com
www.topspintennis.de
www.polyfibre.de

Hope this helps

Also add Avery Racquets: www.averyracquets.com (http://www.averyracquets.com/)

Indy Tennis
12-18-2006, 07:24 PM

That's not all that unusual.

A lot of teaching pros aren't great 'tournament' players.

One of the best teaching pros in my area in in his late 60s and is highly sought after even though nearly all his best students could drub him in a match.

It's about being able to teach strokes and, at he higher levels, strategies.

babolat15
12-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Default is this good
hey Im 12 years ole and started playin 1.5 years ago. Im in between a 3.5 and a 4.0, is that pretty good

Ronny
02-24-2007, 03:42 AM
i m only 12 and i m sponsored by vantage

servelefty2233
02-24-2007, 03:59 AM
hey indy tennis are you talking about jeff smith?

c_zimma
02-24-2007, 06:34 PM
You guys should focus less on your sponserships and more on your games. I don't think some of you realize that it's extremely unlikely you will recieve free racquets and clothing. You may get a discount from Vantage or something, but you are still going to be paying quite a bit of $$$ to play with something you may not even like. Work hard and win some tournaments. Real sponserships will come to you. And I would imagine those sponserships are much more rewarding then some Level 2 "sponsership" from Vantage.

Tennis_Beast101
02-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Hey

I am on the Dunlop National Team. I get racquets, string, grip, hats, shorts, shirts, wrist bands, socks, warmups, hoodies, shoes, dampeners, bags, all free of charge. I am fully sponsored. I am raked top 25 in Florida and top 180 in the Nation.

Dunlopkid
02-25-2007, 04:27 AM
hey indy tennis are you talking about jeff smith?

Maybe he is, but my guess would be Nilhagen.

jonajjs
03-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey

I am on the Dunlop National Team. I get racquets, string, grip, hats, shorts, shirts, wrist bands, socks, warmups, hoodies, shoes, dampeners, bags, all free of charge. I am fully sponsored. I am raked top 25 in Florida and top 180 in the Nation.

thats not even that good. I doubt that ur sponsored!

I got offered wholesale on all avery products... so like 3 racquets is only 300$... pretty sweet deal!

Hewitt Aussie
03-06-2007, 03:29 PM
4.0? I am about a 4.0 or better. You got all that for free?

vamosrafa15
03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey

i played a kid in flordia when i was down there for vacation and he was like top 75 in boys 16s. he was ok but just a pusher i beat him 2 and 2 on clay, so i am sorry but that doesn't seem good compared to this kid, i think his name was david or danial. but what age group are u

Puredrivetennis
03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
No way you get dunlop free with less than a top 25 ranking nationally. Dunlop are very conservative, giving some NCAA all conference stars 75percent off.

RafaN RichardG
03-07-2007, 03:30 PM
whats the deal most of you are getting for head, or whats the standard deal, like say for a person with a national raking/person with a state ranking
(its Team elite, right?)

Puredrivetennis
03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
A guy I play against is on the team elite; I don't know much, but I do know it's tiered as well-- there is no single deal. Often, they are tailored to the player. He started off with 6 frames, two reels, accessories, and three? bags, and paid something like 600. This improved as time went on. The team elite is very prestige, mind you-- most players do not get accepted.

vamosrafa15
03-07-2007, 04:26 PM
yea only the really good kids get full sponsorship, my friend gets everything for free. and he is top 4 in the nation

chrisplchs
03-07-2007, 04:34 PM
the kid that i string and customize for is top 10 in 12s and ranked up there in 14s. he gets all his stuff for free, except his stringing (if only some way he can invoice head for stringing, then i might make more money.... hmm..)

vamosrafa15
03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
oh cool, would mind sharing his name, i might know him or even you?

Lindsay
03-08-2007, 06:16 AM
I get free sticks from Babolat, but its because I teach.

andfor
03-08-2007, 08:06 AM
No way you get dunlop free with less than a top 25 ranking nationally. Dunlop are very conservative, giving some NCAA all conference stars 75percent off.

Sometimes the companies bend their rules, depending on what section you're in may matter because some sections are stronger than others and FL is very strong. Other factors may be what they believe your potential upside is, what their market strategy is in the region you live in, who you know at the manufacture or in the tennis business, who your coach knows, pro shop owners in some instances may be an influance if they have a program and are willing to help, etc.

Best thing to do is just focus on your game. If you have to shotgun every manufacture to get on a preferred list or sponsorship because you're not sure if you can get a contract you most likely need to focus on improving though hard work on and off the court. At some point sponsorships will present themselves to those who have earned them.

Good luck on the court

th____44
03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
how to get sponsored?

you just have to be really good ;) :D

Hewitt Aussie
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM

I am 14, and like 336 in texas and dunlop gave me a big discount

Dunlopkid
03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I am 14, and like 336 in texas and dunlop gave me a big discount

Wow, that's great. How do the rankings work in Texas? Is it it's own section? Like Texas=M i d w e s t=Mid-Atlantic etc...? How much of a discount did you get and what did they give you? Did you fill out a form or did a rep come up to you? Or did you simply e-mail them? Sorry, lots of questions but I've always wanted to be sponsored by Dunlop. Right now I've got a preferred deal with Head because I work at my Tennis club.;)

Puredrivetennis
03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Head are great like that-- I find that wilson, especially, is really gobbling up young blood right now, especially in Canada.

Dunlopkid
03-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I've been told that if you play for a college it's pretty easy to get sponsored. Is this right?

Puredrivetennis
03-09-2007, 04:33 PM
It's hard to say.. Many are already on at least an equipment team by the time they get to a d1 college. On top of that, all colleges at ncaa levels have softgood sponsors, so many players aren't looking by the time they reach uni.

sasuke32495
07-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah, Texas is it's own section, and Florida's tennis is strong as is Texas' so yeah

Rodditha
07-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Gotta be Andy Roddick.

yonexman001
07-23-2007, 01:45 PM
To get sponsored go on the company websites and email tem that you are interested and give them your rankings and hopefully they will say that you are good enough. Thats what i did and i got sponsored by technifibre.

JMS
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
To get sponsored go on the company websites and email tem that you are interested and give them your rankings and hopefully they will say that you are good enough. Thats what i did and i got sponsored by technifibre.

yeah tecnifibre isn't difficult i got offered one and i am approaching top 150 in North Carolina, so yeah :rolleyes:

ayyhwang
07-23-2007, 04:56 PM
im fully sponsored by volkl because i was playing at a annual state tournament and a rep offered me the sponsorship.

adlis
11-23-2007, 12:16 PM
The best option is to go to a state usta, college or itf futures tournament and ask the sponsor official.

Adidas have a dedicated site@ http://www.adiplayer.com/visitors_home.html

but the qualifying criteria is very high and the gear isn't of much use because they do not do rackets or strings.
To qualify for adiplayer membership you must verify that you are a,

* USPTA and/or PTR certified teaching professional
* Juniors with a top 25 USTA Sectional Ranking or a top 100 National Ranking
* Adult with a Top-20 national singles ranking in Open or Age Group play or Top-5 in doubles
* Current collegiate players with a proper documentation from school

most other companies do either a discount scheme with 25-75% off their products.

Noveson
11-23-2007, 01:03 PM
I have the preferred player package from Tecnifibre, I just sent in a video and they gave me the sponsorship, it's a great deal. I also got the one from Vantage with the same video, but I already played with Tecnifibre and so I stuck with them. Pretty much all the companies have forms on their sites. Supposedly Fischer is really easy to get a deal with, so is Tecnifibre.

1337Kira
11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
I have the preferred player package from Tecnifibre, I just sent in a video and they gave me the sponsorship, it's a great deal. I also got the one from Vantage with the same video, but I already played with Tecnifibre and so I stuck with them. Pretty much all the companies have forms on their sites. Supposedly Fischer is really easy to get a deal with, so is Tecnifibre.

Just wondering but what level are you playing at (not like rating but like High School, College, Adult leagues, ect)?
Also, the preferred player package is a discount?
What sort of discounts do you get?
How significant and what limitations are there?
Sorry if I'm prying, just curious.

Serve n' Volley
12-19-2007, 09:40 AM
I am on Head's Advisory Staff. I recieved the following package:
3 Flexpoint Prestige Mids
1 Super Combi Team Tour Bag
2 Shirts
2 Shorts
1 Warm Up
10 Sets of FXP string
2 pairs of New Balance Shoes
1 Hat
1 Stencil w/ Ink
I am also a new member of the Kirschbaum Advisory Staff, which includes 30 free sets of Kirschbaum string of my choice and various other schwag. :)
The perks of working at a tennis specialty reail store are good.

DAMN! I wanted to try and get sponsored by head...5.5 junior around top 25 in my Province...do you think I could?

Noveson
12-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Just wondering but what level are you playing at (not like rating but like High School, College, Adult leagues, ect)?
Also, the preferred player package is a discount?
What sort of discounts do you get?
How significant and what limitations are there?
Sorry if I'm prying, just curious.

I'm inside the top 100 in Oregon(big deal) playing high school. Yes it's a discount, you get almost half off. Not many limitations.

Serve n' Volley
01-08-2008, 08:33 PM
^^ Thought you were sponsored by tecnifibre?

Sorry, just realized this thread's really old. :wink:

Tempest344
01-09-2008, 03:42 AM
work as a coach

where i work we get sponsoring from Lotto, Babolat and Dunlop
which means discounts on all their products etc

racquet_jedi
01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
It seems to me that the only reason you should worry about getting free stuff from a brand would be that if you were beastly good and that you wore stuff out (frames, shoes, strings, etc.) pretty quickly...

Otherwise, I don't think they would want to waste any money...

KerryJ
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't want to sound like everyone else, but I recently played with RedCode, and really want some. Can anyone direct me to some Tecnifibre prefered player forms?

crazy swinger
04-20-2009, 07:57 AM
if you write a letter or a message, would the company be more likely to reply?
athletic dna and solfire have a sponsorship programme and i want to get a sponsorship deal with them but i dont know what to write in the message box. can you help
:confused:

rogerowns
04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
get into as many tournaments as possible and talk with the top people at the clubs/ tournaments on how to get noticed and sponsored

jackk99
06-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know how i can get sponsored by asics. THe guys name is and email so i can email him.

jackk99
06-05-2013, 12:57 PM
please someone answer me