PDA

View Full Version : luxilon strings

polakosaur
03-05-2004, 10:08 AM
i use wilson nxt tour 17g or sensation nxt 17g, very good playability and tension holding, i was wondering what is the equivalent of a luxilon string, if someone could tell me how each one plays, the descriptions on TW are very vague.

tarheelbornjohn
03-05-2004, 11:15 AM
I find all of the Lexilon strings hold tension very well. As far as playability the lex are going to be stiffer. I find that you have to generate your pace more with lex and if you are a hard hitter it gives more control than the sensation nxt strings. The only lex that I like are the ALU power or the BB Ace. The BB ace 18g would be the closes but still more stiff.

Rabbit
03-05-2004, 11:19 AM
This is really kind of an apples and organges comparison. NXT is soft and cushy, Luxilon strings are the exact opposite, well except for Supersense which has a very soft feel. If you want a Luxilon string close to NXT (or NRG), try Supersense. The problem here is that Supersense is more powerful than other Lux strings and doesn't have their control.

polakosaur
03-05-2004, 07:08 PM
the thing that confuses me is that people say that these trings are more stiff yet more playable than my nxt strings

Grimjack
03-05-2004, 07:23 PM
the thing that confuses me is that people say that these trings are more stiff yet more playable than my nxt strings

"Stiff" is more or less an absolute. "Playable" is in the eye of the beholder, however. Some people find heightened control with less power and a predictable response a very playable compromise. So there needn't be a contradiction in calling it stiffer and more playable.

Hawaii 5.0
03-05-2004, 08:19 PM
NXT holds tension? I guess it does for the first day or so and then it breaks, but if you can keep it in your frame for longer thana few weeks you'll notice it goes dead and like many multi's is oversaturated with PU. As far as answering your question for the most comprable I say Ace becuase the 18g and a lower tension will compensate for stiffness and power, but the guage wil add more feel and imo make it feel more like NXT.Supersense has tons of feel, but imo is a bit delayed on feel and in order to compensate for power you might be lowering too much and control will be lost.

tarheelbornjohn
03-09-2004, 08:48 AM
I find the same thing about NXT. They break very quickly for me. I never get more than three or four matches with the stuff. Not sure why, they just break. I usually have to cut ALU out after a two months.