PDA

View Full Version : Riddles!!! R U Smart???!?!?!

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Ok i will post a riddle and it is up to u guys to decide if u get it right :)!! lets see u can guess the right answer

*note i did not make them up and plz dont spoil it and look it up the internet*

Riddle 1!!

It is in a rock but not in a stone, it is in marrow but not in a bone. It is in a bolster but not in a bed, it is not living nor dead. What is it?

THINK HARD ON THIS ONE THINK!!!

*Hint*
Think not of an object it is, but something different.

Watcher
08-08-2006, 06:54 PM
... I'm having a total brain cramp right now. Water?

lorenza
08-08-2006, 06:57 PM
*Hint*

this is not a very good "hint"...

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 06:59 PM
lol must think on this ^_^ it took me a LONG WHILE to figure this out!!!

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 07:00 PM
... I'm having a total brain cramp right now. Water?

sry nope!!!

zhan
08-08-2006, 07:01 PM
this is another lame thread..
not as lame as "whos better? nadal or federer"
but i'll consider it in the same category

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 07:02 PM
this is another lame thread..
not as lame as "whos better? nadal or federer"
but i'll consider it in the same category

u just cant answer it!!

TokyopunK
08-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Is it the combination of the letters "o" and "r"?/? ha lame guess.:confused:

zhan
08-08-2006, 07:03 PM
okay ...
first guesss...
its my
ugh...
wAnG

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Is it the combination of the letters "o" and "r"?/? ha lame guess.:confused:

ur close -.-!!!!!

TokyopunK
08-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm close? WTF!

TokyopunK
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Ok is it the "r" sound cuz if it is then this is one lame riddle.

lorenza
08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
...still have no clue...

Andy Hewitt
08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I know the answer but I dont know what the hell it has to do with being in a bolster. No wait my brain didnt process that r in bolster.

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Ok is it the "r" sound cuz if it is then this is one lame riddle.

yes :)!! -.-.... now riddle 2!!!

Only one color; but not one size, stuck to the ground yet easily flies. Present in sun, but not in rain; doing no harm and feeling no pain. What is it?

zhan
08-08-2006, 07:11 PM
its the letter ...

R

lorenza
08-08-2006, 07:14 PM
its the letter ...

R

i think you were a little late there...

BigServer1
08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
yes :)!! -.-.... now riddle 2!!!

Only one color; but not one size, stuck to the ground yet easily flies. Present in sun, but not in rain; doing no harm and feeling no pain. What is it?

Snow??

Spindarella
08-08-2006, 07:16 PM
We used to do stuff like this every day in my psychology class back in high school. I know this is probably wrong, but is it a shadow?

zhan
i think you were a little late there...

sigh woman...
:(

DragonNeedSpank
sigh woman...

if u so smart how come u didn't figure the second riddle :(

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Snow??

nop

lorenza
08-08-2006, 07:22 PM
sigh woman...

sorry, but i cudnt resist...

zhan
08-08-2006, 07:23 PM
sorry, but i cudnt resist...
yeh..
me =
confidence b4 - 100%
confidence after - 0%
:( :( :(

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 07:23 PM
We used to do stuff like this every day in my psychology class back in high school. I know this is probably wrong, but is it a shadow?

uuummm yes -.-...... lol now riddle 3!!!

what is greater than god,
yet eviler the satan,
all rich people want it,
yet all poor people have it:
but if you eat it you will die
what am i?

Andy Hewitt
08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
How do shadow's "easily fly"

Spindarella
08-08-2006, 07:26 PM
you are nothing.

how do shadows fly? think of hitting a tennis ball when the sun is setting, u see the shadow of the ball fly across the wall.

lorenza
08-08-2006, 07:27 PM
yeh..
me =
confidence b4 - 100%
confidence after - 0%
:( :( :(

i try...

Andy Hewitt
08-08-2006, 07:28 PM
you are nothing.

how do shadows fly? think of hitting a tennis ball when the sun is setting, u see the shadow of the ball fly across the wall.
That's good.

Spindarella
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Come on you must have more, right?

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
you are nothing.

OMG R U CHEATING???!!!???!!! CORRECT :(

riddle 3

I am related to the water, but I am not wet.
I am related with a shadow, but I am multi colored.
I am an illusion, but I show what is real.
Who am I?

let other ppl figure it out lol this one quite ezy

zhan
08-08-2006, 07:35 PM
dude
all ur riddles r on wikipedia
pwnt

Spindarella
08-08-2006, 07:35 PM
No, I am not cheating. And fine, I will pass on this one.

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 07:36 PM
dude
all ur riddles r on wikipedia
pwnt

not their not...

zhan
08-08-2006, 07:37 PM
ugh.......yeh they are
and if u google ur riddle
its right there
ROFLMAO

DragonNeedSpank
08-08-2006, 07:40 PM
ugh.......yeh they are
and if u google ur riddle
its right there
ROFLMAO

yeah from google not wiki btw read the first post

zhan
08-08-2006, 07:52 PM
google ...
the first search result is wiki

Spindarella
08-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Are you guys arguing about where online the riddles are located?

BTW What did the 0 say to the 8?

Tikiman53
08-08-2006, 08:10 PM

riddle 3

Who am I?

Er... A mirage?? .

lorenza
08-08-2006, 08:15 PM
what is greater than god,
yet eviler the satan,
all rich people want it,
yet all poor people have it:
but if you eat it you will die
what am i?

wait...im confused. the answer to this was nothing? :confused:

Spindarella
08-08-2006, 08:16 PM

yes

lorenza
08-08-2006, 08:18 PM
yes

o...ok. thats wierd...

Tikiman53
08-08-2006, 08:21 PM

Nothing is greater than God, nothing's more evil than Satan, rich people want nothing, poor people have nothing, if you eat nothing, you die.

lorenza
08-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Nothing is greater than God, nothing's more evil than Satan, rich people want nothing, poor people have nothing, if you eat nothing, you die.

ohhh. ok, i get it. i think im just really tired and wasnt really thinking about it...

Tikiman53
08-08-2006, 08:26 PM
ohhh. ok, i get it. i think im just really tired and wasnt really thinking about it...

Haha, I know what you mean. Yesterday, I had to go to this amusement park with friends and my eyes are still twitching from sleep deprivation.

MotoMD
08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Reflection I suppose.

Spindarella
08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
It's a mirror

no skillz
08-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Three men go to a cheap motel, and the desk clerk charges them a sum of $30.00 for the night. The three of them split the cost ten dollars each. Later the manager comes over and tells the desk clerk that he overcharged the men, since the actual cost should have been $25.00. The manager gives the bellboy $5.00 and tells him to give it to the men. The bellboy, however, decides to cheat the men and pockets $2.00, giving each of the men only one dollar.

Now each man has paid $9.00 to stay for the night, and 3 x $9.00 = $27.00. The bellboy has pocketed $2.00. But $27.00 + $2.00 = $29.00. Where is the missing $1.00? WTF?

westside
08-09-2006, 12:34 AM
It's a mirror

That's what i'm thinking.

snoflewis
08-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Three men go to a cheap motel, and the desk clerk charges them a sum of $30.00 for the night. The three of them split the cost ten dollars each. Later the manager comes over and tells the desk clerk that he overcharged the men, since the actual cost should have been $25.00. The manager gives the bellboy $5.00 and tells him to give it to the men. The bellboy, however, decides to cheat the men and pockets $2.00, giving each of the men only one dollar.

Now each man has paid $9.00 to stay for the night, and 3 x $9.00 = $27.00. The bellboy has pocketed $2.00. But $27.00 + $2.00 = $29.00. Where is the missing $1.00? WTF?

each men paid $10, so 3 x $10 = $30
they each got $1 back, so 3 x $1 = $3
however, they should have each gotten $1.67 back since they need to split the $5 into three people, but the dickwad bellboy jacks $2, gypping $0.67 from each of the men, making a total profit of a whopping $2.

so technically, it's $25 (hotel fee) + $3 (money returned) + $2 (money dickwad bellboy stole) and you have your original total!!!

if you don't see my logic...i'll try to explain it in better terms later...it's bedtime for me.

Duzza
08-09-2006, 02:56 AM
So it's refllection right? Also snoflewis, i think I get what you're logic is. I mean, in the End it's the 25 for the night+3 given back to all of them + 2 dollars stolen = 30 dollars. ?

Ivanišević
08-09-2006, 03:04 AM

riddle 3

Who am I?

Rainbow?

Duzza
08-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Rainbow?
Ah god. I can tell you're right. Ah jeez i'm terrible.

Ivanišević
08-09-2006, 03:10 AM
that first riddle-i had to use my dictionary to translate those words, and then i realized i don't even need a dictionary to solve it:)

jamumafa
08-09-2006, 03:15 AM
edits......

Morpheus
08-09-2006, 04:07 AM

riddle 3

Who am I?

The answer is supposed to be "rainbow" but since you didn't copy the riddle down correctly and have instead asked for a "who" not a "what", rainbow cannot be the correct answer.

I don't think you can answer your own riddle.

Duzza
08-09-2006, 04:14 AM
The answer is supposed to be "rainbow" but since you didn't copy the riddle down correctly and have instead asked for a "who" not a "what", rainbow cannot be the correct answer.

Dude he's asian give him a break.

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 04:57 AM

Mate, I hate to point this out, but you're the one who is missing the point here, not the original poster.

Because the riddle is phrased around personifying whatever the thing is, phrased in a way where the thing / person is speaking (I am / I am not, etc), it's perfectly fine for the last line to say "who am I?".

If your logic were indeed correct, you'd have to apply it to every line of the riddle, and thus change the whole phrasing of the riddle.

tennis_nerd22
08-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Ok i will post a riddle and it is up to u guys to decide if u get it right :)!! lets see u can guess the right answer

*note i did not make them up and plz dont spoil it and look it up the internet*

Riddle 1!!

It is in a rock but not in a stone, it is in marrow but not in a bone. It is in a bolster but not in a bed, it is not living nor dead. What is it?

THINK HARD ON THIS ONE THINK!!!

*Hint*

the letter "r"? :D

Morpheus
08-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Mate, I hate to point this out, but you're the one who is missing the point here, not the original poster.

Because the riddle is phrased around personifying whatever the thing is, phrased in a way where the thing / person is speaking (I am / I am not, etc), it's perfectly fine for the last line to say "who am I?".

If your logic were indeed correct, you'd have to apply it to every line of the riddle, and thus change the whole phrasing of the riddle.

This is a well written response. I concede your point and stand corrected.

tennis_nerd22
08-09-2006, 06:08 AM
the letter "r"? :D

haha looks like im just a bit late... lol the only riddle out of all of them that i could actually get. wow i should slap myself right about now... :rolleyes:

Max G.
08-09-2006, 06:12 AM

Well, if that's what you have to do to make the riddle actually valid, then that's what you have to do. It doesn't change the fact that, since a rainbow is an inanimate object, it can't be a valid answer to a question to a question that asks "Who".

But it really doesn't matter. Riddles are generally wrong. They try to be too witty for their own good, and generally end up being just plain wrong (heck, even wikipedia has a section on "colored shadows")- answers that don't match the conditions except at first glance, and only when you look at them a certain way. So there's not much of a reason to point that out, since all riddles are like that and it's kind of their point, it's hard to be confusing and witty and funny and correct all at the same time.

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 06:13 AM
This is a well written response. I concede your point and stand corrected.

And you have my respect for writing such a reply, thanks for taking it the way I meant it. Very few people actually say such things on the net / on forums. With that attitude, I look forward to reading more of your posts mate....

hgb765
08-09-2006, 06:16 AM
no more riddles?

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Heres a riddle...

You're walking throught a forest when you come upon two paths. You know one leads to hell and one leads to heaven, but you dont know which is which. Between the paths there is a house. Inside the house there are two brothers, they are twins. One ALWAYS lies and one ALWAYS tells the truth. You dont know which brother is which, they're identical. You can ask ONE question, and thats it. ONE question total. You're trying to find out which path is to heaven.

I dont think this is on Google, but you could try...

tennis_nerd22
08-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Heres a riddle...

You're walking throught a forest when you come upon two paths. You know one leads to hell and one leads to heaven, but you dont know which is which. Between the paths there is a house. Inside the house there are two brothers, they are twins. One ALWAYS lies and one ALWAYS tells the truth. You dont know which brother is which, they're identical. You can ask ONE question, and thats it. ONE question total. You're trying to find out which path is to heaven.

anyone got a coin so i can flip it? heads = go left, tails = go right.

:D

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 06:33 AM
Heres a riddle...

Uggh, I've heard this before, and now it's bugging me. Without sounding too pedantic, can you ask the one question to both people at once? is that the key? or do you have to ask only one question to one brother?

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 06:39 AM
can you ask the one question to both people at once? is that the key? or do you have to ask only one question to one brother?
Without giving away the answer...
You can ask both brothers at the same time, although this method might be wrong
You can also ask one brother one question, and this method might also be wrong

Does that make sense? You can ask it two different ways, but only one way gets you the right answer

Confused enough:D

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 06:42 AM
Heres a riddle...

i know this one!! btw the riddle answer to number 3 was MIRRIOR!!!!!

but the answer to thing one is

"What would the other person go?" :) right?

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Riddle 4!! try to answer thing one this is hard i had to think realli hard for this one and yet still had it wrong :(

What goes up, but at the same time goes down, up to the sky and down to the ground, my present tense and my past tense too, lets go for a ride just me and you...what am i?

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 06:44 AM
"What would the other person go?" :) right?
Close, but no cigar

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Close, but no cigar

WUT IMPOSSIBLE!!!! hmmm

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Heres a riddle...

I GOT IT!!!

What would the other brother tell me if I asked him for the door to heaven

right right???

lorenza
08-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I GOT IT!!!

right right???

dude, i think you're right.... that makes sense to me

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I GOT IT!!!

right right???
no

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 07:08 AM
I thought that, but that can't be right. Because if heaven is door / route A, and you ask the truth-telling brother your question, all you'll find out is that he would say " door / route B". Still doesn't tell you which way to go....

godot
Heres a riddle...

IF I ASK YOUR BROTHER WHICH PATH GOES TO HELL, WHICH PATH WOULD HE POINT TO? THEY WILL BOTH POINT TO HEAVEN...

lorenza
no

WHAT?!? now i actually have to think about it...

diegaa
08-09-2006, 07:16 AM

Good trick.
The thing is that when you have the $27 (9$ each PAYED) you dont have to ADD 2 $ from the bell boy, you have to DEDUCT those $2 to get 25 which is the real fee.
To reach the 30 bucks you have th following:

1) 10+10+10=30
2) 10+10+10=25 (real fee) +5 (overcharge)
3) 10 + 10 + 10 -5 = 25
Now lets split the overcharge
4) 10-1+10-1+10-1 - 2 =25

So, each guy payed 9 each (27) and the boy get the 2 extra dollars. The motel has its 25. Everybody happy, specially the bellboy.

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Everybody happy, specially the bellboy.

Your solution is correct (I googled it earlier lol) but I doubt the manager would be happy if he knew the bellboy was a lying & theiving bellboy! ;)

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Heres a riddle...

WOULD IT BE "WHICH WAY LEADS TO HEAVEN?":confused: :confused:

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Heres a riddle...

OMG I FINALLY GOT IT WOULD BE
"Which door would your brother say is the door to heaven"

now let me explain before u say it wrong :(.......

if u ask the question to the liar
"which door would your brother say is the door to heaven?"
Well as u know the lair will lie. He knows his brother would tell the truth and point to heaven, but lies, so he is going to point to door hell.

if u ask teh question to the truth
"which door would your brother say is the door to heave?"
Well he will always tell the truth, he knows that his brother always lies, so he again is going to point to hell!!!

LEAVE HEAVEN!!!! AN OPEN PASS!!!

hgb765
08-09-2006, 07:42 AM
wouldn't it be "what would your brother tell me if i asked him which way was heaven?"
the lying one would point to hell b/c his brother would tell you the way to heaven
and the honest one will point to hell b/c his brother would tell you the way to hell

so then the direction that they both pointed to would be hell which leaves the other path for heaven

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 07:43 AM
wouldn't it be "what would your brother tell me if i asked him which way was heaven?"
the lying one would point to hell b/c his brother would tell you the way to heaven
and the honest one will point to hell b/c his brother would tell you the way to hell

so then the direction that they both pointed to would be hell which leaves the other path for heaven

umm i guess aint it like the same question kinda?

hgb765
08-09-2006, 07:43 AM

Well as u know the lair will lie. He knows his brother would tell the truth and point to heaven, but lies, so he is going to point to door hell.

Well he will always tell the truth, he knows that his brother always lies, so he again is going to point to hell!!!

ugg nvm he beat me by two min

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 07:44 AM

Well as u know the lair will lie. He knows his brother would tell the truth and point to heaven, but Lenny lies, so he is going to point to door hell.

Correct, you had it close the very first time you guessed:D , the answer (in less words) is

What road does your brother think leads to heaven? Then take the opposite road of whatever the brother says to get to heaven

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Correct, you had it close the very first time you guessed:D , the answer (in less words) is

What road does your brother think leads to heaven? Then take the opposite road of whatever the brother says to get to heaven

grrr took me long time to figure out that -.-.... i thought i had it right the first time -.-...

ok here is another riddle 3 or 4 i lost track =/

What goes up, but at the same time goes down, up to the sky and down to the ground, my present tense and my past tense too, lets go for a ride just me and you...what am i?

matty p
08-09-2006, 07:52 AM
IF I ASK YOUR BROTHER WHICH PATH GOES TO HELL, WHICH PATH WOULD HE POINT TO? THEY WILL BOTH POINT TO HEAVEN...

didnt this guy get the last 1 right ages ago?

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 07:55 AM
didnt this guy get the last 1 right ages ago?

not realli cuz his is 2 questions... u can onli ask 1 question in that riddle

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 07:55 AM

A see-saw!

Yay for me! Worked that one out in a few seconds :). Next!

hgb765
08-09-2006, 07:57 AM
nice orangeone
any more riddles people?

godot
08-09-2006, 07:57 AM
not realli cuz his is 2 questions... u can onli ask 1 question in that riddle

ONE QUESTION AND YOU CAN ASK ANY BRO... BUT LET'S MOVE ON :-)

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 07:58 AM
A see-saw!

Yay for me! Worked that one out in a few seconds :). Next!

lol cheater!!!!

fine next riddle

There was a family living in an round house. There was a mother, a father, a daughter, a son, and a maid. When the son was murdered everyone was suspects. The father said that he did not kill the boy, he was fixing the car outside. The mother said that she did not kill the boy, she was washing the dishes and cleaning the bathroom. The daughter said that she did not kill the boy, she was in her room all day listening to music. The maid said i did not kill the boy, i was sweeping every corner of the house. Who killed the boy?

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 08:00 AM
lol cheater!!!!

fine next riddle

There was a family living in an round house. There was a mother, a father, a daughter, a son, and a maid. When the son was murdered everyone was suspects. The father said that he did not kill the boy, he was fixing the car outside. The mother said that she did not kill the boy, she was washing the dishes and cleaning the bathroom. The daughter said that she did not kill the boy, she was in her room all day listening to music. The maid said i did not kill the boy, i was sweeping every corner of the house. Who killed the boy?
The maid

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 08:00 AM
lol cheater!!!!

hey - I soooo did not cheat! No google, no wiki, no anything! My first guess was a ferris wheel, but that didn't fit the 'tense' clue, and the next guess that came to mind was the see-saw. Being intelligent can't be cheating lol ;)

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 08:02 AM
The maid

Because she was sweeping every corner of a round house? It can't be that obvious, can it? I mean I thought that, but I hope not...

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Because she was sweeping every corner of a round house? It can't be that obvious, can it? I mean I thought that, but I hope not...
Yup, really easy

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 08:06 AM
The maid

o fine u got it :( i need to think of a hard one now hmmm

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 08:15 AM
ok this is realli tuff

We are little creatures; all of us have different features.
One of us in glass is set; one of us you’ll find in jet.
Another you may see in tin, and the fourth is boxed within.
If the fifth you should pursue, it can never fly from you.

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 08:23 AM
I got this one in a business email before (dont ask:))....

vowels

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 08:26 AM
I got this one in a business email before (dont ask:))....

vowels

man i hate u!!!! :(

My first is in the spell, but not the book.
My second is in the fright and also the shook.
My third is in the cauldron, but never in pot.
My fourth is in the net and also in the knot.
My fifth is in the bat, but never in the vampire.
My sixth is in the coal, but not found in fire.
My seventh is in moon, but not in night.

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 08:37 AM

This one is confusing at first because you dont know what your supposed to find out, is it a "Who am I" kind of riddle or is that a secret;)

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 08:39 AM
This one is confusing at first because you dont know what your supposed to find out, is it a "Who am I" kind of riddle or is that a secret;)

its an who am i riddle

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 08:43 AM

credit goes to my friend for solving it

lorenza
08-09-2006, 08:44 AM

PHANTOM!!! yes i am smart!

lorenza
08-09-2006, 08:45 AM
credit goes to my friend for solving it

dang it...you beat me...

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 08:47 AM
PHANTOM!!! yes i am smart!

This time it's well done to you!

And I almost posted the fact that I thought it had to fit one of these patterns...

_h_nt_m
_h_nb_m
_h_tt_m
_h_tb_m
_h_nt_o
_h_nb_o
_h_tt_o
_h_tb_o

...but I thought I was going crazy, and I couldn't think of a word that would work ;). Damnit, it even was my first pattern!

lorenza
08-09-2006, 08:50 AM
This time it's well done to you!

And I almost posted the fact that I thought it had to fit one of these patterns...

_h_nt_m
_h_nb_m
_h_tt_m
_h_tb_m
_h_nt_o
_h_nb_o
_h_tt_o
_h_tb_o

...but I thought I was going crazy, and I couldn't think of a word that would work ;). Damnit, it even was my first pattern!

lol. thanks but its probably the only one i will be able to solve...:rolleyes:

zhan
08-09-2006, 08:55 AM
wow...
has this stupid thread just got smart?

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 08:59 AM
wow...
I know, its amazing, once you stopped posting here, this "stupid thread" started getting smart again:rolleyes:

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Ggrrr!!! U All!!!!

zhan
08-09-2006, 09:04 AM
I know, its amazing, once you stopped posting here, this "stupid thread" started getting smart again:rolleyes:
lets make it stupid again then :mrgreen:

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 09:09 AM
ok how about this one

Eternally I am 1 to 6,
eternallyI am 15 to 20,
I am always 5,
but I am never ever 21 unless I am flying,
what am I ???

lorenza
08-09-2006, 09:10 AM
wow...

only because im here...:D

Lakoste
08-09-2006, 09:14 AM
ok how about this one

Eternally I am 1 to 6,
eternallyI am 15 to 20,
I am always 5,
but I am never ever 21 unless I am flying,
what am I ???
The first line gave this away - dice

zhan
08-09-2006, 09:15 AM
only because im here...:D

yes and when im here ...
this thread has an IQ of a gold fish...

lorenza
08-09-2006, 09:18 AM
yes and when im here ...
this thread has an IQ of a gold fish...

hehe. i agree.

zhan
08-09-2006, 09:22 AM
hehe. i agree.

****sigh****:(

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 09:24 AM
The first line gave this away - dice

.... ok here is a fun one but yet easy :)!!

Imagine you r in a room with no way in and no way out and nothing is in it. There is a monster at the cornor and is comming at you. What do you do to get rid of that monster?

lorenza
08-09-2006, 09:29 AM

Imagine you r in a room with no way in and no way out and nothing is in it. There is a monster at the cornor and is comming at you. What do you do to get rid of that monster?

if there is nothing in it then how come there is a monster? :confused:

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 09:30 AM
if there is nothing in it then how come there is a monster? :confused:

its a riddle :)!! lol

OrangeOne
08-09-2006, 09:31 AM

Stop imagining / thinking about the monster! If nothing is in the room, then there is no monster other than in your imagination! (Alternately, stop imagining that you're in the room, ditto with the monster, same solution).

Morpheus
08-09-2006, 09:31 AM

My imagination!

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Stop imagining / thinking about the monster! If nothing is in the room, then there is no monster other than in your imagination! (Alternately, stop imagining that you're in the room, ditto with the monster, same solution).

lol wasn't that fun?? :D!!!!

now this one

The man who invented it,
Doesn’t want it for himself.
The man who bought it,
Doesn’t need it for himself.
The man who needs it,
Doesn’t know it when he needs it.

no skillz
08-09-2006, 09:36 AM
What is a coffin?

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 09:39 AM
What is a coffin?

......... WTF how come u guys can figure this fast..... :( i must be stuipd :D!!!!

ok next one

I wear red dress and come in many heights.
I am needed to know your day.
When I am short people wear light clothing.
When I Am tall people wear heavy clothing.

battousai555
08-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Is it the sun?

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Is it the sun?

nop

Aggro
08-09-2006, 10:05 AM

should it read - I wear red, dress and come in many heights ?, cos this is bashing around my head :'(

edit - 1st thing that came to my head was a thermometer, but i dont see how it can be right

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 10:08 AM
should it read - I wear red, dress and come in many heights ?, cos this is bashing around my head :'(

edit - 1st thing that came to my head was a thermometer, but i dont see how it can be right

lol yeah ur right a thermometer....

I wear a red dress (aint it red) and come in many heights (as the temp is high it is tall as it is low it is short)
I am needed to know your day (u need to know how cold or hot it is)
when i am tall people wear light clothing (think about it. When a termometer is high it is hot)
when i am short people wear heavy clothing (when a termometer is low it is cold)

next one...

What is inanimate, yet can stand up,
Can start out copper and end up as steel,
So fragile, a child could break one,
But many have the strength to lift a man?

HellBunni
08-09-2006, 10:10 AM
......... WTF how come u guys can figure this fast..... :( i must be stuipd :D!!!!

ok next one

I am needed to know your day.
When I am short people wear light clothing.
When I Am tall people wear heavy clothing.

Daylight

d'uh

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Daylight

lol nope but some1 alrdy answer it correct alrdy :D

Aggro
08-09-2006, 10:12 AM
What is inanimate, yet can stand up,
Can start out copper and end up as steel,
So fragile, a child could break one,
But many have the strength to lift a man?

A Hair - i think ?

scared so ur hairs go up
goes grey when old
child can pull a hair out
lots of hair together can be strong

Spindarella
08-09-2006, 10:25 AM
A Hair - i think ?

scared so ur hairs go up
goes grey when old
good one

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
A Hair - i think ?

scared so ur hairs go up
goes grey when old

correct :(

I never was, am always to be,
No one ever saw me, nor ever will
And yet I am the confidence of all
To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.

HellBunni
08-09-2006, 10:28 AM

gravity

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
gravity

nope!

Aggro
08-09-2006, 10:31 AM

Tomorrow - 1st line was to easy

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 10:33 AM
correct :(
OK Some1 else maek a riddle or find a riddle -.-... im off for a break -.-...

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 10:36 AM
but one more for fun then im off for a break :)

This thing all things devours: Birds, beasts, trees, flowers; Gnaws iron, bites steel; Grinds hard stones to meal, Slays king, ruins town, And beats high mountains down. What am I?

Aggro
08-09-2006, 10:43 AM
This thing all things devours: Birds, beasts, trees, flowers; Gnaws iron, bites steel; Grinds hard stones to meal, Slays king, ruins town, And beats high mountains down. What am I?

Time

HellBunni
08-09-2006, 10:46 AM

I was thinking Rain

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Time

-.-... yes now im on a break :D some1 post a riddle for entertainment!

Aggro
08-09-2006, 10:48 AM
its from the hobbit if i remember correctly

wemic
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Two fish are in a tank, one says to the other "how do you drive this thing?"

Aggro
08-09-2006, 10:55 AM
I turn polar bears white
and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
and make your champane bubble.
If you squeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?

HellBunni
08-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Well here's a math riddle:

A family of 4 arrives at a bridge at night. They want to get across the in 14 minutes or less to make an appointment. It is very dark out and a flashlight is needed. The bridge can only fit 2 ppl at a time, and the family only has 1 flashlight. It will take the Son: 1minute, the Daughter: 2min, the Mother: 5min, and the Father: 7 minutes to walk across. The party of 2 must travel at the pace of the slower family member. The flashlight can't be tossed back across or anything like that. How can the family make their appointment

hgb765
08-09-2006, 11:01 AM

A family of 4 arrives at a bridge at night. They want to get across the in 14 minutes or less to make an appointment. It is very dark out and a flashlight is needed. The bridge can only fit 2 ppl at a time, and the family only has 1 flashlight. It will take the Son: 1minute, the Daughter: 2min, the Mother: 5min, and the Father: 7 minutes to walk across. The party of 2 must travel at the pace of the slower family member. The flashlight can't be tossed back across or anything like that. How can the family make their appointment

i say they ditch half the people

wemic
08-09-2006, 11:01 AM
1st trip: son & daughter go across with flashlight (2 mins)
2nd trip: son returns with flashlight (1 min)
3rd trip: mother and father go across with flashlight (7 mins)
4th trip: daughter returns with flashlight (2 mins)
5th trip: son & daughter go across with flashlight (2 mins)

Total of 6 trips = 2 + 1 + 7 + 2 + 2 = 14 mins

Bryant
08-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Here's a head scratcher guys...took me a good 15 minutes or so:

You are stuck in a room. All that is there is a slip of paper on a table, and many bottles. The only exit is guarded by a heat sensor that will not let you out. The only way out is to drink one of the bottles' contents, and the liquid will cool down your body heat (with no harm to yourself) enough so that the heat sensor doesn't detect you anymore. There are nine bottles on the ground beyond the table. The content of the slip of paper will tell you what each of the bottles are. Find out what all the bottles are, and then find out which one to drink to get out.

Three of me are poison, and will kill you if you drink.
Two of me are water, nothing bad will happen with these.
Two of me are wine, and it will only get you drunk.
One will heat you up forever, and this room will never let you out. (hinder)
Only one here will help you, it will cool down your body heat.
No medium bottles are poison.
Wine is bad in large doses, so none are large.
The two bottles at the end are the same.
No matter how help hides, it will be on poison's left side, but its left side is safe.
No two small bottles are the same.
The hinderer is harder, for it resides between wine and water.
The hinder bottle is large, so it works forever.
Neither big nor medium will save your life.
Poison is all you will get from the bottle on the far right.
Water is next to the helper.

Bottle Order:
Large--Small--Large--Medium--Small--Large--Medium--Large--Small

Figure out what each bottle is and which is the helper.

HellBunni
08-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Here's a head scratcher guys...took me a good 15 minutes or so:

You are stuck in a room. All that is there is a slip of paper on a table, and many bottles. The only exit is guarded by a heat sensor that will not let you out. The only way out is to drink one of the bottles' contents, and the liquid will cool down your body heat (with no harm to yourself) enough so that the heat sensor doesn't detect you anymore. There are nine bottles on the ground beyond the table. The content of the slip of paper will tell you what each of the bottles are. Find out what all the bottles are, and then find out which one to drink to get out.

No matter how help hides, it will be on poison's left side, but its left side is safe.

Bottle Order:

Figure out what each bottle is and which is the helper.

DragonNeedSpank
08-09-2006, 01:04 PM
hello ok wut is this

Im a word that is hardly there. Take away my start, and I'm an herbal flair. Who am I?

Spindarella
08-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Sparsley. I had to think of all of hardly's synonyms, and this one worked

Ashton
08-09-2006, 02:44 PM
the letter "r"

Bryant
08-09-2006, 06:32 PM

Your supposed to find out what each bottle is! :mrgreen:

Manda_D
08-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Sparsley. I had to think of all of hardly's synonyms, and this one worked

DAMMIT!!! was just bout 2 say that 1. hahaha.

Manda_D
08-09-2006, 07:03 PM

Bottle Order:

Large - poison
Small - water
Large - hinderer
Medium - water
Small - wine
Large - hinder
Medium - wine
Large - poison
small - poison

is that it???

Morpheus
08-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Large - poison
Small - water
Large - hinderer
Medium - water
Small - wine
Large - hinder
Medium - wine
Large - poison
small - poison

is that it???

You have two hinders. Did you forget the help bottle?

Morpheus
08-09-2006, 07:23 PM
You are in a room you cannot leave. Seven bottles are on the table. One bottle contains a potion that will allow you to advance through the far door, another bottle contains a potion that will allow you to exit the way you entered. Three bottles contain poison. Two bottles contain wine. What is the order of the bottles from right to left? Which do you drink if you wish to advance and not retreat? Note: based on the clues given, there are eight possible solutions.

Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind,
Two of us will help you, whichever you would find,
One among us seven will let you move ahead,
Another will transport the drinker back instead,
Two among our number hold only nettle wine,
Three of us are killers, waiting hidden in line.
Choose, unless you wish to stay here forevermore,
To help you in your choice, we give you these clues four:
First, however slyly the poison tries to hide
You will always find some on nettle wine's left side;
Second, different are those who stand at either end,
But if you would move onward, neither is your friend;
Third, as you see clearly, all are different size,
Neither dwarf nor giant holds death in their insides;
Fourth, the second left and the second on the right
Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight.

Freedom
08-09-2006, 07:32 PM
From right to left:

Backwards, Wine, Poison, Forward, Poison, Wine, Poison.

Bryant
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
You are in a room you cannot leave. Seven bottles are on the table. One bottle contains a potion that will allow you to advance through the far door, another bottle contains a potion that will allow you to exit the way you entered. Three bottles contain poison. Two bottles contain wine. What is the order of the bottles from right to left? Which do you drink if you wish to advance and not retreat? Note: based on the clues given, there are eight possible solutions.

Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind,
Two of us will help you, whichever you would find,
One among us seven will let you move ahead,
Another will transport the drinker back instead,
Two among our number hold only nettle wine,
Three of us are killers, waiting hidden in line.
Choose, unless you wish to stay here forevermore,
To help you in your choice, we give you these clues four:
First, however slyly the poison tries to hide
You will always find some on nettle wine's left side;
Second, different are those who stand at either end,
But if you would move onward, neither is your friend;
Third, as you see clearly, all are different size,
Neither dwarf nor giant holds death in their insides;
Fourth, the second left and the second on the right
Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight.

I think your riddle was first seen in Harry Potter :mrgreen:

Morpheus
08-10-2006, 03:55 AM
I think your riddle was first seen in Harry Potter :mrgreen:

You answered the riddle correctly! (It was never really about the answer, although you can work out a set of answers from the given clues).

Morpheus
08-10-2006, 04:21 AM
This gem is from the original Riddler from Batman (no checking on the net please):

Three men in a boat with four cigarettes but no matches. How do they manage to smoke?

HellBunni
08-10-2006, 06:55 AM
This gem is from the original Riddler from Batman (no checking on the net please):

Three men in a boat with four cigarettes but no matches. How do they manage to smoke?

use the fourth one to light up the other 3. Since it belonged to the dude you just drowned. Or something like that?

godot
08-10-2006, 07:03 AM
A fun one: if you make it shorter, it will just gets higher...

Morpheus
08-10-2006, 09:37 AM
use the fourth one to light up the other 3. Since it belonged to the dude you just drowned. Or something like that?

Sorry, but the TV Batman series was rated G. It's more of a play on words than a logic riddle.

Lakoste
08-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Sorry, but the TV Batman series was rated G. It's more of a play on words than a logic riddle.
Isnt it something like "throw one cigar overboard and your boat becomes a cigarette lighter"

Morpheus
08-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Isnt it something like "throw one cigar overboard and your boat becomes a cigarette lighter"

Well done! (Although it is a cigarette, not a cigar.)

HellBunni
08-10-2006, 11:20 AM

i see i see.

just use a lighter

HellBunni
08-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Well done! (Although it is a cigarette, not a cigar.)

ooo, hmmm interesting

TENNIS_IS_FUN
08-10-2006, 12:14 PM
1.) There are 3 light switches. One of the three light switches turns on a light on the other side of the room. You can only visit the other side of the room once, how can you tell which light switch turns on the light?

2.) A man walks into a bar, and asks for water. The bartender pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says "thank you," and leaves. Why?

Benchwarmer1
08-10-2006, 12:49 PM
1.) There are 3 light switches. One of the three light switches turns on a light on the other side of the room. You can only visit the other side of the room once, how can you tell which light switch turns on the light?
2.) A man walks into a bar, and asks for water. The bartender pulls out a shotgun and points it at the man. The man says "thank you," and leaves. Why?
turn on 2 of the switches for a period of time, turn one off, and feel the lights that are off. the light that is hot is the one you turned off, the cold one is the one you didn't use and (obviously) the one that is on is the one you left on

am i right?

Spindarella
08-10-2006, 01:41 PM
The guy had hiccups

nViATi
08-10-2006, 02:51 PM

1) can't you just look at the other side of the room?

Morpheus
08-10-2006, 03:38 PM
1) can't you just look at the other side of the room?

LOL, the lights are supposed to be in the basement!

diegaa
08-10-2006, 05:55 PM

2) the guy has hiccups and was cured by the bartender.

DragonNeedSpank
08-10-2006, 05:56 PM

i know number one!!!

1.) u turn the switch one by one.... then after u turn each one, one by one, u turn them off... then u go to the lights and touch them... what ever is hotter is the last light u turn off... and the coldest is the first light u turned on....

2.) O I THINK I KNOW... a shotgun is form of drink... right?

nViATi
08-10-2006, 05:57 PM
i know number one!!!

1.) u turn the switch one by one.... then after u turn each one, one by one, u turn them off... then u go to the lights and touch them... what ever is hotter is the last light u turn off... and the coldest is the first light u turned on....

Burn your hand right off :twisted:

DragonNeedSpank
08-11-2006, 06:24 AM
so was i right????

TENNIS_IS_FUN
08-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Yes you were correct. Here is a riddle my teacher told me, i couldnt figure it out and its not on the web either...here it is:

There is a man who lives in a house. Everyday, before he goes to sleep he turns off all the light switches except one. On one particular day, the man forgets to leave one light switch on, and turns them all off. He goes to watch T.V, the news, and then sees something move in his house. The next day, he is found dead. Why? and wtf?

westside
08-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Yes you were correct. Here is a riddle my teacher told me, i couldnt figure it out and its not on the web either...here it is:

There is a man who lives in a house. Everyday, before he goes to sleep he turns off all the light switches except one. On one particular day, the man forgets to leave one light switch on, and turns them all off. He goes to watch T.V, the news, and then sees something move in his house. The next day, he is found dead. Why? and wtf?

Does he live in a light house, and he leaves one light on so that boats can see where land is? I don't understand why he is found dead though.

Morpheus
08-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Does he live in a light house, and he leaves one light on so that boats can see where land is? I don't understand why he is found dead though.

Maybe an ocean liner crashed into his lighthouse...

Squall Leonheart
08-12-2006, 07:16 AM

The switch may not be to turn on/off a light. It may be a security sytem or a cage for an animal pet or something....although this is a bit strange to have a security system as a light switch...Why would you want to turn it off?

TENNIS_IS_FUN
08-12-2006, 09:42 AM
hmm...i dont think so....This riddle has been keeping me up for days. I even tried looking online but nothing will show :(

NCcanes
08-12-2006, 11:19 AM
when u say he turns off all the light switches, did u mean LIGHT switches, or just switches? could the switch control something else?

if not, then the light house one is the best answer to me

Morpheus
08-12-2006, 01:13 PM

This appears to be an altered version of a classic lateral thinking puzzle. The common version goes like this: A man wakes up at night and turns off the light. In the morning he looks out the window and kills himself. What happened?

Answer: The man is a lighthouse keeper, and the light he turned off was the one on top of the lighthouse. In the morning he sees that an ocean liner has crashed into the rocks, killing everyone aboard. He kills himself out of guilt.

You probably couldn't find it on the web because it was changed significantly so that it wouldn't pop up on a search.

DragonNeedSpank
08-12-2006, 05:20 PM
maybe he died of old age lol

TENNIS_IS_FUN
08-12-2006, 08:07 PM
This appears to be an altered version of a classic lateral thinking puzzle. The common version goes like this: A man wakes up at night and turns off the light. In the morning he looks out the window and kills himself. What happened?

Answer: The man is a lighthouse keeper, and the light he turned off was the one on top of the lighthouse. In the morning he sees that an ocean liner has crashed into the rocks, killing everyone aboard. He kills himself out of guilt.

You probably couldn't find it on the web because it was changed significantly so that it wouldn't pop up on a search.

Yea thats the answer...man, the answer to lateral thinking riddles are so absurd sometimes....sometimes i think to myself that no sane human can answer them without cheating.

Lakoste
08-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Here's one:

The police find a dead body in the ocean right next to a giant cliff. He's naked and has a straw in his hand. What happened?

Morpheus
08-13-2006, 05:05 AM
And another:

A woman is at her father's funeral. While at the funeral she meets a man and they talk for hours.
Two weeks later she kills her sister. Why?

Morpheus
08-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Here's one:

The police find a dead body in the ocean right next to a giant cliff. He's naked and has a straw in his hand. What happened?

I don't want to give away the answer, but if I can ask...Is he holding "the" short straw?

hgb765
08-13-2006, 11:08 AM
heres another one

bob and bill are in an empty room with no windows, only a locked door.
the next day a man walks in and finds them both dead on the floor.
theres a puddle of water around them and a few pieces of broken glass
what happened?

sorry this riddle is kinda dumb/old but w/e

Lakoste
08-13-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't want to give away the answer, but if I can ask...Is he holding "the" short straw?
Yup:D

TENNIS_IS_FUN
08-13-2006, 02:31 PM
heres another one

bob and bill are in an empty room with no windows, only a locked door.
the next day a man walks in and finds them both dead on the floor.
theres a puddle of water around them and a few pieces of broken glass
what happened?

sorry this riddle is kinda dumb/old but w/e

I dont know about the glass, but does the puddle of water have to do with Ice?

NCcanes
08-13-2006, 03:05 PM
what about the one where she killed her sister??

and i think i heard the straw one before... whats the whole answer again? all i remember is that one part

Morpheus
08-13-2006, 04:05 PM
what about the one where she killed her sister??

and i think i heard the straw one before... whats the whole answer again? all i remember is that one part

What would you do if you and a buddy were in a hot air balloon and losing altitude fast?

OrangeOne
08-13-2006, 04:35 PM
What would you do if you and a buddy were in a hot air balloon and losing altitude fast?

Umm, get ready for landing? Many hot air balloons will lose altitude fast on the way to a landing! ;).

Did I get it?

Morpheus
08-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Umm, get ready for landing? Many hot air balloons will lose altitude fast on the way to a landing! ;).

Did I get it?

The first thing you might do is to toss everything non-essential out of the basket--including your clothes. Hence, the naked man. If that wasn't enough, one of the passengers may have to exit. You can either toss out your buddy, or draw straws.

OrangeOne
08-13-2006, 04:51 PM
The first thing you might do is to toss everything non-essential out of the basket--including your clothes. Hence, the naked man. If that wasn't enough, one of the passengers may have to exit. You can either toss out your buddy, or draw straws.

But that assumes you're in trouble in the first place :). I'd assumed that the riddle was just playing on the fact that every balloon has to lose altitude to land .... I didn't see mention of a naked man, musn't have scrolled up far enough (and now I seem to remember a riddle with that in it! My bad, came in at the wrong point).

Morpheus
08-13-2006, 05:22 PM
But that assumes you're in trouble in the first place :). I'd assumed that the riddle was just playing on the fact that every balloon has to lose altitude to land .... I didn't see mention of a naked man, musn't have scrolled up far enough (and now I seem to remember a riddle with that in it! My bad, came in at the wrong point).

Yea, these things are a bit obtuse, but they are good practice for basic problem solving. BTW, LaKoste may have a different solution.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regarding the women who murders her sister, let me rephrase the question with a little more info:

A woman attends her father's funeral. While there, she meets a man. They hit it off and spend some time talking. She has a hard time remembering names and doesn't get his phone number. She goes home to grieve.

A week later she kills her sister. Why?

nViATi
08-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Yea, these things are a bit obtuse, but they are good practice for basic problem solving. BTW, LaKoste may have a different solution.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regarding the women who murders her sister, let me rephrase the question with a little more info:

A woman attends her father's funeral. While there, she meets a man. They hit it off and spend some time talking. She has a hard time remembering names and doesn't get his phone number. She goes home to grieve.

He is his sister's husband?

NCcanes
08-13-2006, 06:55 PM

ok, ya i remember now. thanks! though im not quite sure why they would have straws with them on a hot air balloon... y not play rocks paper scissors?? lol

Lakoste
08-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Morpheus - You got it right

NCcanes
08-13-2006, 07:14 PM
THE SISTER KILLING ONE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!! sorry, lol

i think ive heard this one too, but i dont remember it at all

Lakoste
08-13-2006, 07:24 PM

She wants to meet him again, but doesnt know where to look, so where would a "logical" person look for him? The same place they met! So she kills her sister so she would have another funeral to go to.

pinky42
08-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Here's one:

Fraternity hazing. When will they learn?

And another:

A woman is at her father's funeral. While at the funeral she meets a man and they talk for hours.
Two weeks later she kills her sister. Why?

Her father's death drives her to drink. She kills her sister in an accident.

The thing I don't like about these types of questions is that there isn't one correct answer. Pretty much any answer will do and it's just a matter of picking one you like.

Morpheus
08-13-2006, 08:02 PM
She wants to meet him again, but doesnt know where to look, so where would a "logical" person look for him? The same place they met! So she kills her sister so she would have another funeral to go to.

Correct. You have the potential to be a great psychopath one day!