PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center

quest01
08-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Anyone going to see this movie?

I heard it's based on a true story.

lorenza
08-08-2006, 08:34 PM
im sorry, you "heard" it was based on a true story? you are talking about the characters in the movie, right? not the events...

quest01
08-08-2006, 08:35 PM
im sorry, you "heard" it was based on a true story? you are talking about the characters in the movie, right? not the events...

Im talking about the movie.

Z-Man
08-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Nicolas Cage has a fatal attraction to bad movies.

Swissv2
08-08-2006, 08:38 PM
"based" on real people, not real events.

armand
08-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Nicolas Cage has a fatal attraction to bad movies.You're thinking of Michael Douglas.

hummer23
08-08-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah, no im not going to see it.

BreakPoint
08-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Yes, it's based on the true story of real people that survived the WTC collapse.

lorenza
08-08-2006, 09:52 PM
yeah, i heard it was good-ish. but i probably wont go see it.

Freedom
08-08-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah, i heard it was good-ish. but i probably wont go see it.

How did you hear that? It opens tomorrow.

I'll probably not see it. I saw the real thing, and I really don't care for Nicolas Cage.

lorenza
08-08-2006, 10:20 PM
How did you hear that? It opens tomorrow.

I'll probably not see it. I saw the real thing, and I really don't care for Nicolas Cage.

some website. people who got to screen the movie beforehand.

Freedom
08-08-2006, 10:45 PM
some website. people who got to screen the movie beforehand.

Yeah, thought about that after I posted. Duh me...:rolleyes:

sinatra161
08-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Will probably see it this weekend.The trailer has me thinking it could turn out to be a good film,We'll see.

ShooterMcMarco
08-08-2006, 10:58 PM
You're thinking of Michael Douglas.

You're thinking of Ben Affleck

Triple S
08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1519312457137943386&q=loose+change+2nd+edition

After watching this I refuse to watch World Trade Center or that other one United 93.

If you say you've seen that other video that disproves loose change... there's sooo many things wrong about that video.

lorenza
08-09-2006, 08:02 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1519312457137943386&q=loose+change+2nd+edition

After watching this I refuse to watch World Trade Center or that other one United 93.

If you say you've seen that other video that disproves loose change... there's sooo many things wrong about that video.

we watched this video in my government class. very interesting...

nautika721
08-09-2006, 08:06 AM
I'll probably not see it. I saw the real thing...

i hear you there. don't think we need any of these 9/11 movies but i guess this is a way of always remembering. either way, i don't plan on seeing this movie, i can't watch it.

ACE of Hearts
08-09-2006, 08:55 AM
I will never forget that day, even though i wasnt down there, i will never forget the shock i felt.Shows u how much evil is in the world.

beernutz
08-09-2006, 09:36 AM
You're thinking of Michael Douglas.

No question he has been in some stinkers, but MD has been in some good movies too:
Romancing the Stone
The Game
Wall Street
Falling Down
Wonder Boys
The China Syndrome
Traffic

ACE of Hearts
08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Nicolas Cage as Ghost Rider, can u believe that?:mrgreen: I am a Cage fan since watching Raising Arizona.I think he has been in some good movies as well.

Adaptation
Raising Arizona
8MM
Face Off
Leaving Las Vegas

drakulie
08-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Nicolas Cage as Ghost Rider, can u believe that?:mrgreen: I am a Cage fan since watching Raising Arizona.I think he has been in some good movies as well.

Adaptation
Raising Arizona
8MM
Face Off
Leaving Las Vegas

You forgot Valley Girl, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

beernutz
08-09-2006, 02:47 PM

Adaptation
Raising Arizona
8MM
Face Off
Leaving Las Vegas

8mm?

Dopke
08-09-2006, 03:35 PM

The government conspiracy thing is pretty ridiculous to me. Yes it brings it some good points, but as always with propaganda, the evidence they bring is always twisted to their point of view. The media does it, this 'loose change' video does it, and yes the government does it too.

But to think that a whole government conspiracy to blow up WTC and kill thoudsands of people to invade Iraq? C'mon people. And with such big cover ups, someone would have already spoken up by now.

Back on topic, yes I am seeing it.

Swissv2
08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
There are several layers of govt. You would be surprised how powerful some of those levels are.

then again...floppy eared doggies are cool.

Moose Malloy
08-09-2006, 03:43 PM
The Weather Man & Lord of War are good.

quest01
08-09-2006, 10:09 PM
8mm?

8MM is about a private investigator (Nicholas Cage) who is hired to research the authenticity of a snuff film. This is the best Nicholas Cage movie i've seen so far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8mm_%28film%29

sportsfan92
08-10-2006, 11:56 AM

did your teacher ever present anything other than this conspiracy theory? check out http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/3491861.html?page=1&c=y and http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html

yes - popular mechanics - a magazine that has built it's reputation on scientific fact

and if you want something more personal....i went to two memorials in the weeks following 9/11 for two people on the plane that went into the Pentagon. mother & father in-law to my sister. grandmother and grandfather to my niece and nephew. father to my brother-in-law. real people. while there visited with a pilot who was in line for take-off at Logan (Boston) between the two planes that hit the towers. he actually saw one of them veer off to go toward NYC after take off. there was no media there (left or right) for him to play to - he was simply remembering the eeriness of that day and the reality that it could have just as easily have been his flight.

so back to the question - am i going to see the movie? i don't know. it was such a painful day personally - i don't know if i would make it through. but i would encourage others to go to get that personal perspective - and remember the people who were there that day. that died. and those that were left behind to deal with the loss of someone they loved.

Phil
08-10-2006, 08:05 PM
First of all, Nick Cage is one of the suckier actors around. He's beyond being overrated. He basically SLEEPWALKS through his roles, as if he were on some powerful antidepressent. Maybe he's dipping into his supply of 'Ludes left over from his high school days...Put him next to Harrison Ford and you'd swear you were standing next to two trees...and dead ones at that. To call this guy an "actor" and hence, attribute some "craft" to his "work" is absurd.

So, the move...no, I've decided not to see it on principle. The WTC is a painful memory and I don't think it's necessary to make it into an entertainment "product". Sure, they do that for everything else, but in this case...I think I'll take a pass. Nothing to learn, nothing to gain from seeing this film. And, Stone hasn't made a decent film since "Nixon".

khs_tennis
08-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Ok so i watched that lil conspiracy theory movie and am i just a dumbass or is the movie commentary screwed up/wrong or maybe i even misheard it but they stated something like...NASA test flew a 757 for 16 hours in the air, took off with 10 times and landed it 13 times huh? That part doesnt make any sense to me, unless that they towed under the belly of a bigger plane and let it drop which i think would be kind of hard with a bigger plane like a 757.

beernutz
08-11-2006, 02:06 AM
8MM is about a private investigator (Nicholas Cage) who is hired to research the authenticity of a snuff film. This is the best Nicholas Cage movie i've seen so far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8mm_%28film%29

I've seen the movie. I just couldn't conceive of it being on anyone's 'best of' list. Tastes vary widely apparently.